|coat of arms||Germany map|
|State :||Lower Saxony|
|Joint municipality :||Old Office Lemförde|
|Height :||60 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||30.58 km 2|
|Residents:||1047 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||34 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||49448|
|Area code :||05443|
|License plate :||DH, SY|
|Community key :||03 2 51 009|
|LOCODE :||DE OUM|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Marco Lampe (community of voters)|
|Location of the municipality Brockum in the district of Diepholz|
Brockum is located between Osnabrück and Bremen in the Dümmer Nature Park . It is located around 3 km east of Lemförde and not far north of the Stemweder Berg . Lake Dümmer spreads out on average 7 km northwest of the village .
Brockum is mentioned in the sources in 969 as Bruochem , in 1243 as Brochem and in 1247 as Bruchem , the “settlement on the break ”, and was probably a Franconian settlement.
Even in early modern times, Brockum stood out from the neighboring villages with its fair, two windmills and a customs post. There was also a chapel with the high mediaeval patronage of Mary, Simon and Judas, whose cemetery around 1460 was considered "very old".
A separate parish was split off from Dielingen in 1661 (55?) - today's church, built in 1833 according to a design by the consistorial architect Friedrich August Ludwig Hellner . In 1894 a west tower from Bungenstock was added to the existing building, which was retained after the church was demolished in 1971.
In 1673 an estate suitable for the Landtag was created for the Rittmeister von Glaen from a Halbmeierhof. The Schmuttesche manor house was moved to Lemförde in 1815/20 and expanded into a lion pharmacy.
In 1822 the village of Brockum was hit by a fire. The willingness of the population to donate was required. For example, in the “Zelleschen Anzeiger plus contributions” of October 2nd and 5th, 1822, the city physicist Friedrich Ludwig Andreas Koeler presented the first collective results for those who had burned down there, which he had handed over to the Lemförde office.
As in other, similar cases (e.g. Bassum , “die klugen Maaser”, Rehburg), the special position led to the Brockumers being mocked as “shield citizens” (Heinrich Strangmeier's 1952 “Dannenbrook stories”).
The Brockumer Markt has always been a goods and horse market, originally a church fair , and was held on the Tuesday after Simon and Judah (October 28). First mentioned in 1558 as free market and in 1573 as kermisse .
The council of the municipality of Brockum is composed of 11 councilors.
|Community of voters||total|
Status: Local elections on September 11, 2016
1866–1884 Friedrich Goeert
1884–1896 Friedrich Schröder
1896–1919 Friedrich Gräber
1919–1952 Heinrich Wiegmann
1952–1969 Gustav Wendt
1969–1978 Friedrich Lohmeyer
1978–1996 Hermann Schnittker
1996-2011 Ingrid Thrien
since 2011 Marco Lampe
Culture and sights
TSV Brockum von 1921 eV offers activities in the fields of judo, football, tennis, table tennis and senior sports.
An international D youth tournament takes place on the sports facility every year. Since 1987 the teams from Fortuna Düsseldorf, FC Schalke 04, Hannover 96, FC St. Pauli, Arminia Bielefeld, BK Skjold Copenhagen (DK), RV & AV Overmaas (NL) and VfL Osnabrück have entered the list of winners. The tournament initiated by Heinz Marten took place in the first few years on the sports facility in Lemförde.
On the evening before (Friday) the tournament, the "TSV Village Evening" has been taking place since 2009. On this evening there will be a penalty shootout for groups, companies and clubs and the village championship will be played in a small field tournament between the 3 districts (Butzendorf / Kirchdorf / Westerheide).
The TSV divisions take part in tournaments and championship rounds with their youth and senior teams.
The Schützenverein Brockum from 1912 eV has its home in the Schützenhalle on the market square.
The association organizes its shooting festival every year on the weekend of Pentecost. On Saturday in the early hours of the morning the place is woken up by the marching band and after the march at noon the shooters compete in the shooting competitions. The Child King, Child Queen, Schützenliesel and the best external shooter will be determined on the first day of the shooting festival, and for reasons of time, the Young Shooter King will be determined on the Saturday after Ascension Day. Because the shooting for royal dignity, long awaited by all Brockumers, requires the entire capacity of the shooting hall on Whitsunday. The jump-off begins at 3:00 p.m. and until the proclamation of the new majesties at around 7:00 p.m., the fight for the title is persistent and cheered on by the audience.
The youth shooting group participates numerously and successfully in many competitions at district and district level.
Other clubs and groups that shape village life
- Volunteer firefighter,
- Men's choral society since 1900 eV,
- Brockum fishing club,
- Trumpet Choir Brockum,
- Social Association Germany eV - Brockum local association,
- Brockum home and beautification association
The Brockum wholesale market , which is held every year in October, can be documented for the first time in 1558 and is therefore definitely more than 450 years old, but probably much older. The market is a combination of entertainment market, trade show, agricultural machinery and tourism exhibition and attracts around 200,000 visitors annually. This four-day spectacle ends with the traditional cattle market every Tuesday.
Economy and Infrastructure
- Hans Gerke : 1000 years of Brockum. The place and its inhabitants, past and present. Diepholz 1969, 128 pp.
- Martin Schütz: The Brockum wholesale market . Books on Demand GmbH, Norderstedt 2004, 62 pp.
- Martin Schütz: Brockum 1933 - 2005 . Books on Demand GmbH, Norderstedt, 578 pp.
- State Office for Statistics Lower Saxony, LSN-Online regional database, Table 12411: Update of the population, as of December 31, 2019 ( help ).
- Amt, Stefan, Hermann Mewes - The Lutheran Church of Lower Saxony with special consideration of the builders of the Consistory of Hanover, p. 12 ( PDF file ( Memento of the original from January 28, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and still not checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this note. ).
- Blazek, Matthias, Das Löschwesen in the area of the former Principality of Lüneburg from the beginnings to 1900, Adelheidsdorf 2006, p. 188, ISBN 978-3-00-019837-3 .
- Archive link ( Memento of the original from October 14, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Brockum wholesale market. Retrieved July 23, 2012 .