Affoltern in the Emmental
|Affoltern in the Emmental|
|Canton :||Bern (BE)|
|Administrative district :||Emmental|
|BFS no. :||0951|
|Postal code :||3416|
|Height range :||666–887 m above sea level M.|
|Area :||11.51 km²|
|Residents:||1101 (December 31, 2018)|
|Population density :||96 inhabitants per km²|
|Mayor :||Marius Zollet|
View of the place
|Location of the municipality|
The place name is attested in 1244 as an indication of the origin of a nobleman: Wernherus nobilis de Affoltrei ; the older documents (1146 Hesso de Affoltron ; 1216 Petrus villicus de Affoltron ) could also refer to Grossaffoltern . The name goes back to the locativly used dative pluralis ahd. * Afoltrun '(at the) apple trees'.
As the name affix indicates, Affoltern is located in the Emmental . Affoltern also includes the hamlets of Weier , Eggerdingen , Heiligenland and parts of the Rinderbach .
The neighboring communities starting from the north in a clockwise direction are Walterswil , Dürrenroth , Sumiswald , Rüegsau , Heimiswil and Wynigen . The well-known Lueg lookout point is located in the municipality of Affoltern .
Mayor is Marius Zollet (as of January 1, 2017) with a term of office until the end of 2020.
To the northwest of the town center is the Lueg , a hill with a well-known vantage point and cavalry monument.
In Weier there is a train station on the discontinued Huttwil – Ramsei line . The community can be reached by bus from the train stations in Huttwil , Hasle-Rüegsau and Sumiswald . From Burgdorf you can reach the Lueg by bus. These courses are operated by Busland AG , a subsidiary of BLS AG .
- Homepage of the municipality of Affoltern im Emmental
- Homepage of the show dairy in Affoltern in Emmental
- Anne-Marie Dubler : Affoltern in the Emmental. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland .
- Permanent resident population from STAT-TAB of the BfS , municipalities see also regional portraits 2020 on bfs.admin.ch, accessed on May 29, 2020
- Gabrielle Schmid / Andres Kristol: Affoltern im Emmental BE (Trachselwald) in: Dictionnaire toponymique des communes suisses - Lexicon of Swiss community names - Dizionario toponomastico dei comuni svizzeri (DTS | LSG). Center de dialectologie, Université de Neuchâtel, Verlag Huber, Frauenfeld / Stuttgart / Vienna 2005, ISBN 3-7193-1308-5 and Éditions Payot, Lausanne 2005, ISBN 2-601-03336-3 , p. 76. Quoted phonetic transcription : [ ˈafːˌɔɯtəɾə, ˈafːˌɔɯtəɾə im ˈæmːɪˌtɑʊ ].
- Results of the municipality of Affoltern in the Emmental. State Chancellery of the Canton of Bern, accessed on July 21, 2020 .