|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Administrative region :||Freiburg|
|County :||Breisgau-Upper Black Forest|
|Height :||192 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||12.99 km 2|
|Residents:||5320 (December 31, 2018)|
|Population density :||410 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||79268|
|Area code :||07663|
|License plate :||FR|
|Community key :||08 3 15 013|
|Community structure:||2 districts|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Dieter Schneckenburger|
|Location of the municipality of Bötzingen in the Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald district|
Bötzingen is located on the southeast side of the Kaiserstuhl, about 15 km west of Freiburg im Breisgau . Neighboring communities of Bötzingens are from the north clockwise Eichstetten am Kaiserstuhl , March , Gottenheim , Ihringen , Vogtsburg im Kaiserstuhl (all districts of Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald).
Bötzingen was first mentioned in a document in 769 on the occasion of a donation to the Lorsch Monastery in the Lorsch Codex . An Odilrat donated agricultural facilities including vineyards "in Betzinger marca" (in the district of Bötzingen).
In 1838 the independent villages of Bötzingen and Oberschaffhausen merged to form the municipality of Bötzingen.
The community is part of the Kaiserstuhl-Tuniberg administrative community based in Bötzingen.
The municipal council consists of 14 councilors and the first mayor. After the elections to the municipal council on May 26, 2019 , they are distributed as follows (with comparative figures from 2014):
In July 2011 Dieter Schneckenburger was re-elected for a second term.
Culture, religion and sights
- The “Pestkapelle” St. Alban in the district of Oberschaffhausen is famous for its medieval frescoes .
- The Catholic parish church of St. Laurentius in the Bötzingen district also dates from the Middle Ages.
- A Protestant church was built in the district of Bötzingen in 1583. The current church in the same place dates from 1848.
Bötzinger village and wine festival (every two years on the 2nd weekend in September in even years).
According to the 2011 census , 39.9% of the population were Protestant, 27.0% Roman Catholic and 33.2% were non-denominational or belonged to another religious community. At the end of 2019, 35.4% of the 5,345 inhabitants were Protestant, 25.1% Roman Catholic and 39.5% were non-denominational or belonged to another religious community.
Economy and Infrastructure
The first documentary mention of viticulture in Bötzingen is dated from the year 769. This makes it one of the oldest documented wine-growing regions in Baden . However, the mention is dated a good 50 years later than the viticulture in Ehaben , which was documented for about 720 .
Currently, around 305 hectares of land are used for wine-growing in the municipality, with grapes for white wines being mainly grown.
Bötzingen is close to the federal motorway 5 (Karlsruhe – Basel). There is also a good S-Bahn connection with the Kaiserstuhlbahn , which serves the two stops Bötzingen and Bötzingen Mühle every half hour on weekdays and the city center of Freiburg can be reached in around 15 minutes. The Kaiserstuhlbahn will be fully electrified by 2018 as part of the cooperation agreement of March 11, 2009 between Regio-Verbund GmbH (RVG) and the Baden-Württemberg local transport company (NVBW).
- The largest employer in Bötzingen is the nationally known plastics factory Samvardhana Motherson Peguform (SMP Deutschland GmbH), which, among other things, produces plastic parts for the automotive industry, with around 1,350 jobs .
- The largest manufacturer and supplier of natural fango in German-speaking countries is the Hauri mineral material factory, which also supplies Switzerland , Austria , Italy and Luxembourg .
Sons and daughters of the church
- Karl Ludwig Sonntag (1796–1840), pastor; Father of the administrative lawyer Leopold Sonntag (1830–1896)
- Wilhelm August Lay (1862–1926), elementary school teacher and professor at the teachers' seminar in Karlsruhe
- Max Enderlin (1872–1940), educator
- Walter Gorenflos (1928–2017), diplomat
- Mayor's Office Bötzingen (Ed.): Bötzingen - Oberschaffhausen. 150 years united. 1838–1988, March-Buchheim 1988.
- Festschrift for the 1200th anniversary of the community of Bötzingen a. K. from 11. – 20. July 1969, Bötzingen 1969.
- Kurt Heinzmann: Local family book Bötzingen with Oberschaffhausen. Evangelical Congregation 1700–1910 , Bötzingen 2009 (= Badische Ortssippenbücher 137)
- Joseph Anton Lambert Rodecker: Description of the bath to Oberschafhausen in the Cranzenau. Whose you can use in the inn called to the angel. Freiburg im Breisgau, 1766 digitized version of the Freiburg University Library
- Albert Krieger, Baden Historical Commission (Hrsg.): Topographical Dictionary of the Grand Duchy of Baden , Volume 1, Column 254, Heidelberg, 1904 digitized version of the Heidelberg University Library
- Official website of the municipality
- Bötzingen - the oldest wine-growing community in the Kaiserstuhl
- Entry Bötzingen (old community / suburb) on discover geography online - leobw
- State Statistical Office Baden-Württemberg - Population by nationality and gender on December 31, 2018 (CSV file) ( help on this ).
- The state of Baden-Württemberg. Official description by district and municipality. Volume IV: District Freiburg Kohlhammer, Stuttgart 1978, ISBN 3-17-007174-2 . Pp. 103-104
- Information on the local history on the website of the municipality of Bötzingen
- Bötzingen - Preliminary results of the 2019 municipal council elections , accessed on July 18, 2019
- Bötzingen Religion -in%, 2011 census
- Bötzingen location data December 31, 2019 , accessed on February 12, 2020
- Viticulture in Bötzingen on the homepage of the municipality of Bötzingen Article in the Badische Zeitung of May 10, 2011.
- The big money for local transport article in the Badische Zeitung of May 10, 2011.
- Homepage of the company