|Residents||7,207 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density||131 inhabitants / km²|
|Patron saint||San Nicolò|
Bardolino is an Italian commune on Lake Garda in the province of Verona in the northeastern Italian region of Veneto with 7207 inhabitants (as of December 31, 2019). Bardolino is located on the east side of the lake north of Lazise and south of Garda .
Bardolino has two million tourists a year and ranks 24th among tourist destinations in Italy.
Administrative structure and partner municipality
The municipality Bardolino (municipality seat) includes the fractions Cisano and Calmasino. Cisano is located on Lake Garda, from Bardolino towards Lazise and directly on the Gardesana orientale road . You can walk to the center of Bardolino in about 20 minutes via the promenade and Lazise in about 30 minutes. The small church of St. Julian from the 8th century in Cisano is worth seeing .
The Middle Franconian municipality of Rednitzhembach in the district of Roth is partner municipality of Bardolino. Wine festivals with winemakers from the other region take place in both Bardolino and Rednitzhembach.
Bardolino is the center of a well-known wine region of the same name. The red Bardolino and the rosé called "Chiaretto" are very popular.
Like the surrounding area, the place is a popular tourist destination .
- Parish Church of SS. Nicolò e Severo, in Matteotti Square
- San Severo Church , Via San Severo
- San Zeno Church , Corte San Zeno
- San Vito Church, Contrada Cortelline
- San Colombano Church, Contrada Cortelline
- Church of San Pietro, Via San Petro
- Camaldolese monastery
- Wine Museum (Museo del Vino)
In Cisano you can visit:
- Parish of Santa Maria
- Oil museum
- Ornithological Museum
In Calmasino you can visit:
- Parish church
Daughters and sons of the church
- Lydia L. Dewiel: Lombardy and Northern Italian Lakes. Art and landscape between Adda and Po. DuMont, Cologne 1987, p. 173.
- Walter Pippke, Ida Leinberger: DuMont art travel guide Lake Garda, Verona, Trentino, Mantua: art and history in the center of the Alpine arc. 4th edition. DuMont Reiseverlag, Ostfildern 2009, ISBN 978-3-7701-6617-6 , pp. 37–39, figs. 10, 16;
- Giuliano Valdez: Lake Garda. Florence 1992, p. 121.
- Klaus Zimmermanns: The Veneto. Verona - Vicenza - Padua. Art, culture and landscape of Veneto. DuMont, Cologne 1990, ISBN 3-7701-2014-0 , p. 114.
- Statistiche demografiche ISTAT. Monthly population statistics of the Istituto Nazionale di Statistica , as of December 31 of 2019.
- I PRIMI 50 COMUNI ITALIANI PER NUMERO DI PRESENZE TURISTICHE , accessed on July 19, 2019