FDP federal party conference 2008
|title||59th Ordinary Federal Party Congress|
|Hall||ICM - International Congress Center Munich|
|Beginning||May 30, 2008|
|Duration (in days)||3|
The Federal Congress of the FDP in 2008 held the FDP from 30 May to 1 June 2008 in Munich from. It was the 59th ordinary federal party conference of the FDP in the Federal Republic of Germany . The event took place in the International Congress Center Munich .
Resolutions and papers
The focus of the deliberations was the net concept of the FDP, civil rights and the research freedom initiative. The delegates also decided to stop the planned health fund. The party congress discussed the party's new tax concepts . The focus of party chairman Guido Westerwelle's speech was not only on taxation, but above all on foreign policy. In addition, the question of the candidates for the upcoming election of the Federal President in spring 2009 was up for debate. Finally, a lead proposal for the expansion of freedom of research in Germany was discussed.
- Jürgen Dittberner : The FDP. History, people, organization, perspectives. An introduction , VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, 2nd edition, Wiesbaden 2010, ISBN 978-3-531-17494-5 .
- Annual report of the Free Democratic Party 2007–2009 , ed. from the Federal Office, Berlin no year, p. 6.
- Speech by the regional chairman of the FDP-NRW, Andreas Pinkwart, on the introduction of the lead motion "Initiative for more freedom of research in Germany"
- Information from: Archiv des Liberalismus ( www.freiheit.org/content/archiv-des-liberalismus ) (ADL), inventory of the FDP Federal Party Rallies, A1-1.
- FDP divided over tax plans . In: Der Tagesspiegel , May 30, 2008, The tax liberals put pressure on . In: Wirtschaftswoche , May 31, 2008, Severin Weiland: Westerwelle is looking for the power option . In: Der Spiegel , May 31, 2008, Freedom Struggle and Harmony . In: Focus , June 1, 2008
- Peter Carstens: Westerwelle's long way to himself . In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung , June 1, 2008; free democratic correspondence , special edition, May 31, 2008.
- Speech ( memento of the original from October 20, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. by Andreas Pinkwart online.