Roth near Prüm
|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Eifel district Bitburg-Prüm|
|Association municipality :||Prüm|
|Height :||589 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||19.08 km 2|
|Residents:||452 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||24 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||54597|
|Area code :||06552|
|License plate :||BIT, PRÜ|
|Community key :||07 2 32 302|
|Association administration address:||Tiergartenstrasse 54
|Local Mayor :||Michael Brodel|
|Location of the local community of Roth near Prüm in the Eifel district of Bitburg-Prüm|
A mineral spring located in the Heilknipp district was known as the “Hielandesbrunnen” as early as 800. The first documented mention of Roth is in 1352 as "Rodde". Roth belonged to the area of the Carolingian royal court of Manderfeld (today Belgium ).
Lively mining activity is believed to have taken place around 1500. Around 1870 Roth, previously connected to Auw , became an independent municipality. In the course of the construction of the west wall , a camp of the Reich Labor Service was built near Mooshaus , which is said to have caused an economic upswing for Roth and the surrounding area.
On January 1, 1971, the previously independent community of Kobscheid with its 92 residents was incorporated and the community of Roth was renamed Roth bei Prüm.
- Population development
The development of the number of inhabitants in relation to today's municipality of Roth near Prüm; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The local council in Roth consists of eight council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the honorary local mayor as chairman. The eight seats in the municipal council are divided between two groups of voters . In the elections before 2014, the council members were elected by majority vote.
- The Catholic Church of St. Leonhard around 1500
- Extension of the Church of St. Leonhard with glass paintings by Charles Crodel , dated 1970 and signed “CH. CRODEL "
- The Catholic Church of St. Xaver in Kobscheid from 1890
- Lady Chapel with Stations of the Cross ( )
- The annual fair or parish fair is celebrated on the second weekend in June
- Castle burning on the first Sunday of Lent (so-called Scheef Sunday)
- The forester's house Schneifel is a forester's house, meteorological station and the intersection of several hiking trails with car parking and rest options ( )
- Remains of a 200 m long section of the former west wall (concrete hump line) northeast of the village ( )
- Smugglers' tours with guided tours as well as trail riders station in the village (Hauptstrasse 16)
- Numerous hiking trails in and around Roth bei Prüm
Economy and Infrastructure
The federal highway 265 borders on Roth bei Prüm .
The east () and west ( ) wind farms will provide a steady source of income for the next few decades . In 2005, the installation of 13 wind turbines in the east wind farm began. In 2005/2007 the installation of five wind turbines in the West wind farm began.
- Local portrait of Roth near Prüm
- To search for cultural assets of the Roth bei Prüm community in the database of cultural assets in the Trier region .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 66 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- Short report on Manderfeld ( Memento from September 11, 2009 in the Internet Archive )
- Official municipality directory 2006 ( Memento from December 22, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) (= State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 393 ). Bad Ems March 2006, p. 194 and 204 (PDF; 2.6 MB). Info: An up-to-date directory ( 2016 ) is available, but in the section "Territorial changes - Territorial administrative reform" it does not give any population figures.
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Hüttenbrennen in the Eifel. Retrieved May 1, 2016 .
- Westwall Scheid (Eifel). Retrieved July 5, 2017 .
- Smuggler Tour. Retrieved July 24, 2017 .
- riding. Retrieved July 11, 2017 .
- Roth near Prüm. Retrieved July 11, 2017 .
- Roth hiking trails near Prüm. Retrieved July 11, 2017 .
- Energy Park East. Retrieved July 11, 2017 .
- Energiepark West. Retrieved July 11, 2017 .