|Region :||Vest- og Sydsjælland|
|former municipalities :
(until the end of 2006)
|Office (until the end of 2006) :||Vestsjællands Amt|
(until March 1970)
Vester Flakkebjerg Herred
|Offices (until 1970) :||
|Residents :||79,073 (2020)|
|Area :||568.00 km² (2014)|
|Population density :||139 inhabitants per km²|
|Municipality number :||330|
|Mayor:||John Dyrby Paulsen
( Venstre )
|Sister cities :||
Vihti Motala Kragerø Police Dargun
Slagelse Kommune is a Danish municipality on the island of Zealand . It was created on January 1, 2007 in the course of local government reform by merging the “old” Slagelse municipality with the previous municipalities of Hashøj , Korsør and Skælskør , all in the Vestsjællands office .
Slagelse municipality has a total population of 79,073 inhabitants (January 1st, 2020) and an area of 568.00 km². It is part of the Sjælland region . The seat of the administration is in Slagelse .
Parish communities and localities in the municipality
The following parish communities ( Danish : Sogn ) and localities with over 200 inhabitants ( byer according to the definition of the Danish statistical office ) are located in the municipality , with a registered population of zero the place had more than 200 inhabitants in the past.
- ↑ In 2009, Agersø had fewer than 200 residents for the first time.
- ↑ a b c d e f The town of Slagelse extends over the parishes of Antvorskov Sogn , Nørrevang Sogn , Ottestrup Sogn , Sankt Mikkels Sogn and Sankt Peders Sogn .
- ↑ a b The town of Skælskør extends over the parishes of Skælskør Sogn and Eggeslevmagle Sogn .
- ↑ In 2008, for the first time, fewer than 200 people lived in Eggeslevmagle.
- ↑ a b The town of Korsør extends over the parishes of Halskov Sogn and Sankt Povls Sogn .
- ↑ In 2019, Sønderup had fewer than 200 residents for the first time.
The Slagelse municipality maintains the following town partnerships :
- ↑ a b c Statistics Banks -> Befolkning og valg -> BY1: Folketal January 1st efter byområde, alder og køn (Danish)
- ↑ a b Statistics Banks -> Geografi, miljø og energi -> ARE207: Areal demands efter municipality / region (Danish)
- ↑ danskekommuner.dk: Borgmester facta: Slagelse (Danish), accessed on May 15, 2020
- ↑ Statistics banks -> Befolkning og valg -> KM1: Befolkningen January 1st, April 1st, July 1st and October 1st, so and folkekirkemedlemsskab (Danish)
- ↑ slagelse.dk: Nordiske venskabsbyer (Danish), accessed on May 15, 2020