|Region :||Vest- og Sydsjælland|
|former municipalities :
(until the end of 2006)
|Office (until the end of 2006) :||Storstrom's Office|
(until March 1970)
Lollands Nørre Herred
Lollands Sønder Herred
|Office (until 1970) :||Maribo Office|
|Residents :||41,105 (2020)|
|Area :||886.10 km² (2014)|
|Population density :||46 inhabitants per km²|
|Municipality number :||360|
|Mayor:||Holger Schou Rasmussen
( Social Democrats )
Lolland Kommune is a municipality in Denmark . It is located on the island of the same name Lolland in the Sjælland region in the south of the country and was founded in 2007 as part of an administrative reform . Until 1970, the area comprised the Harden Fuglse Herred , Lolland Nørre Herred and Lolland Sønder Herred in the former Maribo Office , from which then the municipalities Holeby municipality , Højreby municipality , Maribo Kommune , Rødby municipality , Nakskov Kommune , Rudbjerg and Ravnsborg in Storstrøms Amt which was incorporated into the new municipality in the Sjælland region on January 1, 2007 as part of the local government reform .
facts and figures
The area of the municipality is 886.10 km². The administrative headquarters are in the locality of Maribo . The population is declining: from almost 49,000 at the time of the regional reform, it fell to just under 41,000 in 2018.
It should be noted that the municipality only includes the central and western part of the island of Lolland (around 1300 km²), while the eastern part (the old municipalities Sakskøbing and Nysted and Toreby Sogn as part of the old municipality Nykøbing Falster ) together with the island of Falster form the new large municipality of Guldborgsund Kommune .
The most populous place is Nakskov with 12,661 inhabitants (as of 2018). Other localities in Lolland municipality are Holeby , Langø , Maribo , Nørreballe , Rødby and the ferry port Rødbyhavn . Some localities overlap with the parish units used in Denmark with regard to the smaller localities : Bandholm , Branderslev , Dannemare , Errindlev , Hillested , Horslunde , Hunseby , Sandby , Søllested , Stokkemarke and Utterslev .
The internationally important rail and road connection from Hamburg to Copenhagen runs through the municipality on the Vogelfluglinie . Several parts of the municipality in the north (including Nakskov and Maribo ) are connected to the Vogelfluglinie on the route of the former Lollandsbanen through the Lokaltog private railway . A half-hour ferry connects the German town of Puttgarden in Schleswig-Holstein with Rødbyhavn.
Politics and culture
In the local and regional council elections on November 21, 2017, only 25 council members (instead of 31 in the 2005, 2009 and 2013 elections) could be elected to the city council due to the reduced population. The distribution of seats is 11 seats for the Social Democrats , 5 for the conservative-liberal Venstre and 3 for the Dansk Folkeparti . The remaining 6 seats went to smaller groups.
The municipality coordinates the public libraries and the two music schools in the municipality with its own staff unit and develops and supports cultural initiatives and leisure activities.
Parish communities and localities
The following parish communities ( Danish : Sogn ) and villages with over 200 inhabitants ( byer according to the definition of the Danish statistical office ) are located in the municipality , with a registered population of zero the place had more than 200 inhabitants in the past.
- Birket had fewer than 200 inhabitants for the first time in 2015.
- The village of Vesterby on the island of Fejø still had 247 inhabitants in 2004, since 2006 the number of inhabitants is no longer shown in Danmarks Statistics.
- On November 27, 2016 Gurreby Sogn, Skovlænge Sogn and Søllested Sogn were merged into Søllested-Skovlænge-Gurreby Sogn.
- On August 1, 2016, Herredskirke Sogn, Løjtofte Sogn and Utterslev Sogn were merged into Utterslev-Herredskirke-Løjtofte Sogn.
- With the expansion of the settlement area, the town of Anderstrup has been counted as the town of Maribo by the Statistics Office since the 2007 local government reform .
To the extent that Sogne were merged, this only relates to ecclesiastical issues. In its capacity as Matrikelsogne , i.e. as land register districts of the cadastral authority Geodatastyrelsen , such changes have not had any effect since the abolition of the Harden structure in 1970.
- Statistics Banks -> Befolkning og valg -> BY1: Folketal January 1st efter byområde, alder og køn (Danish)
- Statistics Banks -> Geografi, miljø og energi -> ARE207: Areal demands efter municipality / region (Danish)
- danskekommuner.dk: Borgmesterffekta: Lolland (Danish), accessed on April 21, 2020
- City Statistics Denmark . Retrieved November 4, 2018
- Vogelfluglinie travel report at Geo- Community. Retrieved November 4, 2018
- Ferry connection Puttgarden - Rødbyhavn . Retrieved November 4, 2018
- Mayor of Lolland Municipality . Retrieved November 4, 2018 (Danish)
- Culture - Leisure - Citizens Service of the Lolland Municipality. . Retrieved November 4, 2018 (Danish)
- Press release from the National Museum of Copenhagen on September 4, 2012 . Retrieved November 4, 2018 (Danish)
- Review of the exhibition Götter - Glaube - Teutons from April 28 to October 28, 2018. Page 6. Accessed on November 4, 2018
- Statistics banks -> Befolkning og valg -> KM1: Befolkningen January 1st, April 1st, July 1st and October 1st, so and folkekirkemedlemsskab (Danish)