|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Administrative region :||Upper Palatinate|
|Height :||333 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||16.11 km 2|
|Residents:||5867 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||364 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||93197|
|Primaries :||0941, 09402|
|License plate :||R.|
|Community key :||09 3 75 213|
|LOCODE :||DE ZZN|
|Community structure:||10 districts|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Andrea Dobsch ( Free Voters )|
|Location of the municipality Zeitlarn in the district of Regensburg|
The community is particularly important as a residential community in the north of Regensburg.
The municipality of Zeitlarn is located about ten kilometers north of Regensburg . The Regen river runs through the entire municipality, which repeatedly results in flooding of the populated areas in almost all parts of the municipality.
There are ten districts:
On May 1, 1978, the municipalities of Regendorf and Zeitlarn, founded in 1818, were merged to form the municipality of Zeitlarn. The former municipality of Regendorf is the only one west of the rain and is only connected to the other parts of the municipality by a bridge. This is one of the reasons why the community still differentiates between "Zeitlarnern" and "Regendorfern". As a suburban municipality, there has been strong growth in the last few decades.
Between 1988 and 2018, the municipality grew from 4,589 to 5,890 by 1301 inhabitants or by 28.4%.
The municipal council consists of 20 members. In the local elections on March 15, 2020, 3,226 of the 4,796 residents entitled to vote in the municipality of Zeitlarn exercised their right to vote, bringing the voter turnout to 67.26%.
|Party / list||2020 election||Election 2014|
|Free voters Zeitlarn / Regendorf / Laub||7th||-|
|Non-party voter community||2||3|
|Active citizen group||-||2|
On March 29, 2020, the citizens of the municipality of Zeitlarn elected Andrea Dobsch (Free Voters) as mayor in the runoff election. Her predecessor was Franz Kröninger (SPD).
coat of arms
The coat of arms of the municipality of Zeitlarn is made up of three symbols, the beehive on the top left as a symbol of the beekeepers, on the right a hammer and horseshoe for the farrier and in the lower half a golden fish for the location on the river Regen, which is rich in fish. These two professional groups were significantly involved in the growth of the community and formed the economic basis for many people from Zeitlar in the pre-industrial era. The then still shallow waters of the rain offered a rich yield of fish. In addition, the community was on a trade route to the city of Regensburg. Farriers benefited from the fact that they could shod the horses that frequently passed by or repair carriages. In addition, beekeeping has always been a popular extra income in Zeitlarn. Since 1991 the coat of arms has been used officially as the municipal coat of arms.
Culture and sights
- Regendorf Castle : Complex with two four-story round towers, completely rebuilt and extended around 1840. At the southwest corner there is a Jew stone with a Hebrew inscription. The tombstone presumably comes from the Regensburg Jewish ghetto and was walled in as a building block by the owner of the castle Martin Lerch after the Jews were expelled from the destroyed Jewish cemetery in 1519. The castle chapel dates from 1688. Until the Regendorfer Church was built in 1907, it was also used as a village church. The current owner, the city of Regensburg , is now offering the castle for sale.
- Kirta of the boys club Regendorf
- Summer night festival of the Zeitlarn boys' association
- Traditional costume night of the boys' association Zeitlarn and Regendorf
- Carnival ball of the Zeitlarn volunteer fire brigade and the Zeitlarn boys' association
- Wine festival of the Zeitlarn volunteer fire brigade
- Setting up the maypole of the Zeitlarn boys' association
- Fishing festival
- "Ball of the clubs" of the local clubs Laub
- "Open day", FF Laub (every two years)
- "Tanz in den Mai", regulars' tables in the village of Laub and FC Laub
Economy and Infrastructure
In Zeitlarn there are small and medium-sized companies that satisfy the local demand for the corresponding services. The Sparkasse and Raiffeisenbank have branches in Zeitlarn. The Netto supermarket chain also has a branch. Zeitlarn is also the headquarters of the traditional costume outfitter Trachten24 GmbH, which sells the traditional Almbock brand.
- The Federal Highway 15 runs through the eastern municipality in north-south direction, including the district is cut Zeitlarn completely.
- The A93 cuts the eastern part of the municipality in the Riesen district. The municipality of Zeitlarn itself does not have a motorway connection, but all parts of the municipality can be easily reached from the north via the AS Regenstauf or from the south via the AS Regensburg Nord.
- The Regensburg – Weiden railway runs through the municipality, the next train stations are in Regensburg (Hbf) and Regenstauf.
The Mittelbayerische Zeitung and the Regensburger Wochenblatt , an edition of the Wochenblatt publishing group, appear in the community . In addition to the national programs, the radio stations Radio Charivari , Radio Gong FM and the regional television station TVA can also be received in the municipality .
- Recycling center
- Community center with multi-purpose hall
- Community library
- Zeitlarn Primary School
sons and daughters of the town
- Franz Albert Leopold von Oberndorff (1720–1799), Elector Palatinate or Palatinate-Bavarian minister and governor of the Electoral Palatinate
- Zeitlarn municipality
- Entry on the coat of arms of Zeitlarn in the database of the House of Bavarian History
- "Data 2" sheet, Statistical Report A1200C 202041 Population of the municipalities, districts and administrative districts 1st quarter 2020 (population based on the 2011 census) ( help ).
- Community Zeitlarn in the local database of the Bavarian State Library Online . Bavarian State Library, accessed on November 28, 2017.
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer GmbH, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 658 .