|Regional center||Cebu City|
|- population density||550 per km²|
|languages||Cebuano , Tagalog , English|
The Central Visayas comprise the islands of Cebu , Bohol , Siquijor and the southeastern part of the island of Negros , together they have a land area of 15,886 km². The region has no land border. The region is bounded in the south by the Mindanao Sea , in the east by the Camotes Sea , in the north by the Visayas Sea and in the west by the Tanon Strait . The main strait of the sea is the Strait of Cebu . The region comprises around 100 islands and has a coastline of around 2,029.1 km. The coasts of the Central Visayas are preceded by numerous coral reefs such as the Danajon reef system , the largest in the Philippines. The largest inland lake in the region is Lake Danao , located on the Camotes Islands .
The region is made up of the following three provinces :
The population of the Central Visayas is made up of a large number of smaller peoples, the main languages being Cebuano and English . The greatest population density is achieved in Cebu City , Lapu-Lapu City , Mandaue City and Toledo City . The average monthly income is highest in the province of Cebu at 10,485 pesos .
- Central Cebu National Park
- Guadalupe Mabugnao Mainit Hot Spring National Park
- Sudlon National Park
- Rajah Sikatuna Protected Landscape
- The Church of Patrocinio de Maria, the Church of San Pedro Apostol and the Church of San Isidro Labrador are on the list of proposals in the Philippines, under the title Baroque Churches in the Philippines , for inclusion in the UNESCO World Heritage List .
- The Dauis watchtower and the Fuerza Punta Cruz are also on the list of proposals for inclusion in the UNESCO World Heritage List under the title Spanish fortresses in the Philippines
- Fuerza de San Pedro in Cebu City
- Daoist temple in Cebu City
- Statistical data of the NSCB (English)
- The Fisheries of the Central Visayas, Status and Trends PDF-Document 4.13 MB (English)
- 2015 Population Counts Summary. In: psa.gov.ph. Retrieved June 4, 2016 .