|coat of arms||Germany map|
Coordinates: 53 ° 44 ' N , 9 ° 46' E
|Height :||11 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||10.8 km 2|
|Residents:||1519 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||141 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||25373|
|Area code :||04120|
|License plate :||PI|
|Community key :||01 0 56 014|
|LOCODE :||DE ELJ|
|Office administration address:||Chemnitzstrasse 30
|Mayoress :||Wiebke Uhl ( CDU )|
|Location of the municipality of Ellerhoop in the Pinneberg district|
Ellerhoop is a municipality in the Pinneberg district in Schleswig-Holstein . The districts of Wieren, Brockhorst, Missen, Oha, Wohlt, Thiensen, Hogenmoor, Feldfurth and Rugenranzel belong to the community. The Thiensen district was first mentioned in a document in 1349 and celebrated its 650th anniversary in 1999.
Geography and traffic
Ellerhoop is about 5 km southeast of Elmshorn . The Bilsbek flows through the municipality. Part of the Rantzau State Forest (today: Schleswig-Holstein State Forests ) is located in the area of Ellerhoop. The municipality is connected to public transport by the HVV bus routes 185, 6543 and 6668.
Of the 13 seats in the municipal council has CDU since the municipal election in 2008 seven seats and the voter community FWV six.
coat of arms
Blazon : “In green, a silver diagonal wave bar; above it a three-leaved silver alder branch with flowers and seed heads, underneath a left-turning, inclined silver wheelless plow. "
Culture and sights
The Arboretum Ellerhoop-Thiensen is known nationwide . Every year the park has 100,000 visitors who visit the park.
In addition to a primary school and a daycare center, the community also houses the volunteer fire brigade , which was able to move into a completely new fire station in 2010 . In the course of this, the sports field on the same site was modernized. The primary school, which opened on April 4, 1912, has a long tradition in Ellerhoop. Several citizens' groups successfully fought for its preservation. A sports hall is located right next to the primary school.
Since 1980 there has been a close connection to the English community of Hurst Green (East Sussex, in the south-east of England). At the beginning, contact was maintained through school and sports club exchanges. A contract was drawn up as early as 1984. This connection between the communities is still very active.
- Hurst Green United Kingdom , East Sussex , since 1984
- Ernst Kühl (1906–1993), politician, member of the Schleswig-Holstein state parliament
- ↑ North Statistics Office - Population of the municipalities in Schleswig-Holstein 4th quarter 2019 (XLSX file) (update based on the 2011 census) ( help on this ).
- ↑ Schleswig-Holstein topography. Vol. 3: Ellerbek - Groß Rönnau . 1st edition Flying-Kiwi-Verl. Junge, Flensburg 2003, ISBN 978-3-926055-73-6 , p. 8 ( dnb.de [accessed April 17, 2020]).
- ↑ Schleswig-Holstein's municipal coat of arms
- ↑ The Arboretum in Ellerhoop
- ^ Hurst Green - twin town of Ellerhoop