Sankt Veit in southern Styria
Sankt Veit in southern Styria
|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||Leibnitz|
|License plate :||LB|
|Main town :||Sankt Veit am Vogau|
|Residents :||4,324 (January 1, 2020)|
|Postcodes :||8421-8423, 8435, 8471, 8481|
|Area code :||03453|
|Community code :||6 10 60|
|Address of the
|Am Kirchplatz 13
8423 Sankt Veit am Vogau
|Mayor :||Gerhard Rohrer ( ÖVP )|
Municipal Council : (Election year: 2015)
|Location of Sankt Veit in southern Styria in the Leibnitz district|
The eponymous Catholic parish church of St. Vitus
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
The municipal area comprises 12 cadastral communities or is divided into 17 localities (area: as of December 31, 2018; inhabitants: as of January 1, 2020):
On January 1st, the following were incorporated:
- 1951 Labuttendorf → Sankt Veit am Vogau
- 1965 Neutersdorf → Sankt Veit am Vogau
- 1968 Perbersdorf near Sankt Veit, Pichla near Mureck and Siebing → Weinburg am Saßbach
- 1968 Lichendorf, Oberschwarza, Seibersdorf near Sankt Veit and Unterschwarza → Weitersfeld an der Mur
- 1969 Hütt and part of Marchtring → Sankt Nikolai ob Draßling
- 1970 Lind near Sankt Veit am Vogau and Lipsch → Sankt Veit am Vogau
- In 2015, Sankt Nikolai ob Draßling, Sankt Veit am Vogau and Weinburg am Saßbach were united to form the new municipality of Sankt Veit in southern Styria.
- In 2020, the cadastral community Seibersdorf bei St. Veit from the dissolved Murfeld community was added.
- June 1, 1951 Lind → Lind near Sankt Veit am Vogau; Weinburg → Weinburg am Saßbach
- January 1, 1969 Weitersfeld an der Mur → Murfeld
- September 1, 1999 “Market Community” Sankt Veit am Vogau
The community is surrounded by six neighboring communities, three of which are in the district of Südoststeiermark (SO).
Mettersdorf am Saßbach (SO)
Sankt Peter am Ottersbach (SO)
|Straß in Styria|
The municipality of Sankt Veit in southern Styria was created as part of the municipal structural reform in Styria from the municipalities of Sankt Veit am Vogau and Sankt Nikolai ob Draßling , both of which were in the Leibnitz political district, which were dissolved at the end of 2014 , and the Weinburg am Saßbach municipality in the political district of Southeast Styria .
The boundaries of the districts of Southeast Styria and Leibnitz have been changed so that the new municipality lies entirely in the Leibnitz district.
At the end of 2019, the neighboring community of Murfeld was dissolved and divided between the two communities Sankt Veit and Straß , the cadastral community Seibersdorf bei St. Veit is incorporated into the market community of Sankt Veit. Here, too, the cadastral community moved from the district of Southeast Styria to the Leibnitz district.
The former municipality of Weinburg am Saßbach was in the Radkersburg district until the end of 2012 and had the vehicle code "RA". From mid-2013 to the end of 2014 license plates with the abbreviation “SO” were assigned, since 2015 it has been “LB”. The village of Seibersdorf near Sankt Veit had the abbreviation “SO” after “RA” until the end of 2019.
Culture and sights
Manfred Tatzl (ÖVP) was elected mayor of the newly composed municipality in the constituent meeting of the municipal council on April 20, 2015. Tatzl was mayor of the former municipality of St. Veit am Vogau until the end of 2014, and from January 1st, he led the business of the merged municipality as government commissioner .
Josef Pratter, who was mayor of St. Nikolai ob Draßling for almost 25 years, and the former mayor of the municipality of Weinburg am Saßbach, Susanne Lucchesi-Palli, did not run for the new election.
Effective April 30, 2015, Manfred Tatzl resigned his council mandate because he would like to manage the business of the merged community as the so-called “People's Mayor”.
The community board also includes the first vice mayor Gerhard Rohrer, the second vice mayor Harald Schögler, the community treasurer Georg Pock and the board member Rudolf Reinprecht.
On December 31, 2016 Manfred Tatzl resigned from his office and Vice Mayor Gerhard Rohrer took over his position. Deputy Mayor is currently Georg Pock.
|St. Veit in
|Unity is worth it||not running||228||31||5|
coat of arms
All three predecessor municipalities had a municipal coat of arms. Due to the amalgamation of municipalities, these lost their official validity on January 1st, 2015. The new municipal coat of arms for the merged community took effect on October 25, 2016.
Blazon (coat of arms description):
- "Above a silver shield base, in it above a black, silver-flooded wave bar, three grapes growing upwards from a common origin and two similar vine leaves, in blue a golden, richly articulated church facade with fifteen-fold black perforated windows and doors with a volute gable including two with pommel and cross decorated golden onion domes, between these a silver lion head. "
- 61060 - Sankt Veit in southern Styria. Community data, Statistics Austria .
- www.st-veit-suedsteiermark.gv.at Homepage of the municipality
- CSV file from REGIONALINFORMATION.zip (1,221 kB) ; accessed on January 12, 2019.
- Statistics Austria: Population on January 1st, 2020 by locality (area status on January 1st, 2020) , ( CSV )
- Styrian municipal structural reform
- Announcement of the Styrian state government of November 28, 2013 on the unification of the market community Sankt Veit am Vogau and the community Sankt Nikolai ob Draßling, both political district Leibnitz, and the community Weinburg am Saßbach, political district Southeast Styria. Provincial Law Gazette for Styria from June 26, 2014, No. 72, year 2014, , p. 1.
- Ordinance of the Styrian Provincial Government of 10 July 2014, with which the Styrian District Ordinance is changed. Provincial Law Gazette for Styria of September 10, 2014, No. 99, year 2014, .
- Murfeld municipality is dissolved. ORF , March 3, 2019, accessed on March 3, 2019 .
- 46th law of April 2, 2019 on the division of the Murfeld community into the adjacent market communities of Sankt Veit in southern Styria and Straß in Styria , accessed on June 17, 2019
- Municipality of St. Veit in southern Styria: Municipal news June 2015 (PDF; 367 kB), accessed on June 15, 2015.
- Municipalities of St. Nikolai ob Draßling, Weinburg am Saßbach and St. Veit am Vogau: Made it together - Official information newspaper of the municipalities of St. Nikolai ob Draßling, Weinburg am Saßbach and St. Veit am Vogau, 4th edition 4/2014 ( Memento from July 1, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) (PDF; 4 MB), accessed on June 15, 2015.
- Municipality of St. Veit in southern Styria: Municipal news March 2015 (PDF; 500 kB), accessed on June 15, 2015
- 124. Announcement of the Styrian state government of October 13, 2016 on the granting of the right to use a municipal coat of arms to the market town of Sankt Veit in southern Styria (political district Leibnitz) , accessed on October 28, 2016