The district of Cieszanów was a political district in the crown land of Galicia and Lodomeria in Austria-Hungary . Its territory included parts of eastern Galicia in what is now Poland ( Powiat Lubaczów and Powiat Jarosław ) and the Ukraine ( Lviv Oblast , Jaworiw Rajon ), the seat of the district administration was the Cieszanów market . After the First World War , Austria had to cede the entire district to Poland ; here large parts of today's powiat Lubaczowski can be found.
After the district offices were abolished at the end of October 1865 and their competences were transferred to the district offices , the division of the country into two administrative areas was also abolished after the Austro-Hungarian Compromise in 1867. In addition, in the course of the separation of the political from the judicial administration, separate administrative and judicial authorities were created. While the judicial division remained largely unaffected, municipalities of several judicial districts were combined into administrative districts.
The new political district of Cieszanów was formed from the following districts:
- Lubaczów district (with 45 municipalities)
- Cieszanów District (with 32 municipalities)
- Dividing the district of Niemirów (municipalities Krowica Hołodowska, Krowica Lasowa, Lipowiec with Maydan and Lindenau, Krowica Sama with Żytynia)
In the 1910 census, the Cieszanów district consisted of 76 municipalities and 53 manor areas and covered an area of 1136 km². In 1900 the population was 79,568, in 1910 86,549 people lived here. The majority of the people living in the area spoke Polish (51%) and had Roman Catholic beliefs, while Jews made up around 12% of the population.
In 1910 there were district courts in Cieszanów and Lubaczów on the territory of the district, to which the following locations were assigned:
Cieszanów judicial district:
- Brusno Nowe
- Brusno starlings
- Chotylub consisting of the districts Chotylub I, Chotylub II and Chotylub III
- Cieszanów Market
- Free field
- Huta Różaniecka
- Huta Stara
- Lipsko market
- Lubliniec Nowy
- Lubliniec Stary
- Naról market
- Narol Wieś
- Nowe Sioło
- Nowiny Horynieckie
- Płazów Market
- Ruda Różaniecka
- Wola Wielka
- Wulka Horyniecka
Judicial district Lubaczów:
- Basznia Dolna
- Basznia Górna
- Borowa Góra
- Dzików Nowy
- Dzików Stary
- Rock village
- Krowica Hołodowska consisting of the districts Cetynia Hołodowska and Krowica Hołodowska
- Krowica Lasowa
- Krowica Sama
- Lipowiec consists of the districts Lindenau and Lipowiec
- Lisie Jamy
- City of Lubaczów
- Oleszyce Market
- Oleszyce starlings
- Sieniawka consisting of the districts Huta Krzyształowa and Sieniawka
- Stare Sioło consisting of the districts Bachory, Czeterboki, Ignasze, Lichacze, Onyszki and Stare Sioło
- Sucha Wola
- Wulka Zapałowska
- Reichs-Gesetz-Blatt for the Austrian Empire 1865, XXVI. Piece, No. 92: "Ordinance of the State Ministry of September 23, 1865, on the repeal of the district authorities in Galicia"
- Reichs-Gesetz-Blatt for the Empire of Austria. Born in 1868, XVII. Piece, No. 44. "Act of May 19, 1868 on the establishment of political administrative authorities in the kingdoms ..."
- Reichs-Gesetz-Blatt for the Empire of Austria. Born in 1867, XVII. Piece, No. 37: "Ordinance of the Ministry of Justice of February 15, 1867, on the establishment of purely district courts in Eastern Galicia"
- Reichs-Gesetz-Blatt for the Empire of Austria. Year 1867, IX. Piece, No. 17: "Ordinance of the State Ministry of January 23, 1867"
- The results of the census of December 31, 1910 in the kingdoms and countries represented in the Imperial Council - the summary results of the census. With 6 cartograms - Table I.
- The results of the census of December 31, 1910 in the kingdoms and countries represented in the Imperial Council - the summary results of the census. With 6 cartograms - Table II.
- The results of the census of December 31, 1910 in the kingdoms and countries represented in the Imperial Council - the summary results of the census. With 6 cartograms - Table III.
- General list of local communities and localities in Austria according to the results of the census of December 31, 1910, page 328
- Christian Andreas Steiner: The territorial development of the administration and the jurisdiction in the kingdoms of Galicia and Lodomeria from 1848-1918. Diploma thesis Graz, 2012
- kk Central Statistical Commission (Hrsg.): Special-Orts-Repertorium of the kingdoms and countries represented in the Austrian Reichsrat. Revised based on the results of the census of December 31, 1890. Vienna 1893
- kk Central Statistical Commission (Ed.): Community encyclopedia of the kingdoms and countries represented in the Reichsrat. Edited on the basis of the results of the census of December 31, 1900. XII. Galicia , Vienna 1907