The Grybów district was a political district in the crown land of Galicia and Lodomeria . Its area covered parts of western Galicia in today's Poland ( Powiat Gorlice and Powiat Nowy Sącz ), the seat of the district administration was the city of Grybów . After the First World War , Austria had to cede the entire district to Poland, large parts of which can be found today in the Powiat Gorlicki and Powiat Nowosądecki .
A forerunner of the later district (administrative and judicial authority at the same time) was created at the end of 1850, the district authority Grybow was subordinate to the government area of Kraków and comprised the following judicial districts:
Following the announcement in 1854, on September 29, 1855, the Grybów District Office (still responsible for administration and jurisdiction) within the Sandec District was established.
After the district offices were abolished at the end of October 1865 and their competencies were transferred to the district offices , the division of the country into two administrative areas was also abolished after the Austro-Hungarian Compromise in 1867. In addition, in the course of the separation of the political from the judicial administration, separate administrative and judicial authorities were created. While the judicial division remained largely unaffected, municipalities of several judicial districts were combined into administrative districts.
The new political district Grybów was formed from the following districts:
- Grybów district (with 26 municipalities)
- Parts of the Krynica district (with 20 municipalities)
- Parts of the Ciężkowice District (with 20 municipalities)
- Parts of the New Sandec District (Mystków Municipality)
The Grybów district consisted of 77 communities and 58 manor areas at the 1910 census and covered an area of 585 km². In 1900 the population had still comprised 50,919 people, in 1910 53,240 people lived here. The majority of the people living in the area spoke Polish (82%) and had Roman Catholic beliefs, while Jews made up around 5% of the population.
In 1900 there were district courts in Ciężkowice and Grybów on the territory of the district , to which the following locations were assigned:
Ciężkowice judicial district
- Berdechów ad Bobowa
- Bobowa Market
- Brzana Dolna
- Brzana Górna
- City of Ciężkowice
- Kąśna Dolna
- Kąśna Górna consisting of the districts Kąśna Górna and Przybyłów
- Lipnica Wielka
Grybów judicial district
- Berdechów ad Bugaj consisting of the districts Berdechów and Bugaj
- Biała Niżna
- Biała Wyżna
- Binczarowa consisting of the districts Binczarowa and Kawiory
- Brunary Niżne
- Brunary Wyżne
- City of Grybów
- Kamionka Wielka
- Korzenna consisting of the districts Korzenna and Świegocin
- Królowa Polska
- Królowa Ruska
- Króżlowa Niżna
- Króżlowa Wyżna
- Siołkowa consisting of the districts Siołkowa and Zofinów
- Stara Wieś
- Stróże Niżne
- Stróże Wyżne
- Wilczyska consisting of the districts Jeżów, Moroń and Wilczyska
- Reichsgesetzblatt of October 8, 1850, No. 383, page 1741
- Reichsgesetzblatt of April 24, 1854, No. 111, page 401
- Reichsgesetzblatt of July 4, 1855, No. 118, page 521
- Reichs-Gesetz-Blatt for the Austrian Empire 1865, XXVI. Piece, No. 92: "Ordinance of the State Ministry of September 23, 1865, on the repeal of the district authorities in Galicia"
- Reichs-Gesetz-Blatt for the Empire of Austria. Born in 1868, XVII. Piece, No. 44. "Act of May 19, 1868 on the establishment of political administrative authorities in the kingdoms ..."
- Reichs-Gesetz-Blatt for the Empire of Austria. Born in 1867, XVII. Piece, No. 37: "Ordinance of the Ministry of Justice of February 15, 1867, on the establishment of purely district courts in Eastern Galicia"
- Reichs-Gesetz-Blatt for the Empire of Austria. Year 1867, IX. Piece, No. 17: "Ordinance of the State Ministry of January 23, 1867"
- The results of the census of December 31, 1910 in the kingdoms and countries represented in the Imperial Council - the summary results of the census. With 6 cartograms - Table I.
- The results of the census of December 31, 1910 in the kingdoms and countries represented in the Imperial Council - the summary results of the census. With 6 cartograms - Table II.
- The results of the census of December 31, 1910 in the kingdoms and countries represented in the Imperial Council - the summary results of the census. With 6 cartograms - Table III.
- Ludwig Patryn (Ed.): Community encyclopedia of the kingdoms and countries represented in the Reichsrat, edited on the basis of the results of the census of December 31, 1900, XII. Galicia . Vienna 1907 ( online ).
- Christian Andreas Steiner: The territorial development of the administration and the jurisdiction in the kingdoms of Galicia and Lodomeria from 1848-1918. Diploma thesis Graz, 2012
- kk Central Statistical Commission (Hrsg.): Special-Orts-Repertorium of the kingdoms and countries represented in the Austrian Reichsrat. Revised based on the results of the census of December 31, 1890. Vienna 1893
- kk Central Statistical Commission (Ed.): Community encyclopedia of the kingdoms and countries represented in the Reichsrat. Edited on the basis of the results of the census of December 31, 1900. XII. Galicia , Vienna 1907