Comedy Central Germany
Comedy Central Germany
|TV station ( private law )|
|reception||Cable , satellite & IPTV ( Zattoo , Magine TV )|
576i ( SDTV )
1080i ( HDTV )
|Start of transmission||January 15, 2007|
|language||German , English|
|Seat||Berlin , Germany|
|owner||ViacomCBS Networks International|
|executive Director||Mark Specht
Till Weidemüller (deputy)
|Market share||0.3% ()|
|List of TV channels|
Comedy Central Germany (own spelling: COMEDY CENTRAL Germany ) is the German-language branch of the US comedy channel Comedy Central and the successor to VIVA and VIVA Plus . Owner is ViacomCBS Networks International . Comedy Central Deutschland has been on the air since January 2007 as a Germany-wide entertainment program with a focus on comedy . In addition to German in- house productions, US , British and Canadian productions are also broadcast.
Comedy Central Germany was licensed by the State Media Authority of North Rhine-Westphalia (LfM), which is also the state media authority responsible for the canal. As early as November 24, 2006, the license of the previously music-oriented special-interest program VIVA Plus was changed to the entertainment program Comedy Central. With the decision of the LfM on November 19, 2004, Comedy Central received a license for the period until March 20, 2010.
Viacom first tried to establish the station independently and as a 24-hour program. From December 15, 2008 to September 30, 2014 Comedy Central shared the transmission frequency with the sister program Nickelodeon and therefore only broadcast between 8:15 and 5:45 pm. Viacom organized an identically designed program window called NICK Comedy from 2005 to 2006 , which was discontinued in favor of Comedy Central Germany.
Up to January 1, 2009, the program was simulcast on the previous and on the Nick frequency. An alternative program schedule was then broadcast on the old broadcasting slot until January 17, 2009, before it was briefly replaced by a loop with program information. During this time, the cable network operators were able to re-coordinate the frequencies in favor of the new mixed program. In some cable networks the old channel was switched off on January 28, 2009.
From July 25th 2009 to October 13th 2010 Comedy Central had the claim TV and Lustig . After that it was changed to Enjoy Daily . Since the change to the new design in October 2011, no additional claim has been used. Since October 2017 the claim We make it fun has been used again . used.
Since March 1, 2010, Comedy Central Germany only broadcasts in 16: 9 format, with the exception of programs that were or are being produced in 4: 3 (American Dad, Roseanne, Comedy Street, Genial Daneben etc.)
On October 1, 2011, the station design was adapted to the new internationally used design by Comedy Central.
At the beginning of 2012, the image format of old 4: 3 broadcasts was adapted, these are - as from the beginning on the HD version - upscaled to the format 14: 9 (now to 16: 9), which means that image portions at the top and bottom of the image get lost. Since mid-2012, programs have also often left out the opening credits, but this has not changed the broadcast time of a program; the length of the advertising blocks has been adjusted.
From September 8, 2014 to September 30, 2015, Comedy Central started its program at 5:00 p.m., and VIVA's program could be seen between 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. The program was simulcast on the previous and on the VIVA frequency until September 21, 2014 . From September 22 to September 30, 2014, a loop with program announcements was broadcast on the Nickelodeon frequency.
From October 1, 2015 to December 31, 2018, Comedy Central broadcast from 2:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. and therefore 1 hour less than before. VIVA broadcasts its program between 2:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Comedy Central has been broadcasting 24 hours a day again since December 31, 2018 at 2 p.m. In return, VIVA was discontinued.
In contrast to its sister station Nickelodeon, the airtime of Comedy Central did not vary too much over the years. However, there are also different broadcast times here. Below is an overview of the respective broadcast times.
|6:00 a.m.||14:00 clock||17:00 o'clock||8:15 pm||02:00 am||05:45 am|
|January 15, 2007 to the end of January 2009||Comedy Central Germany|
|December 15, 2008 to March 30, 2010
(frequency change to NICK)
|Nick Germany||Comedy Central Germany||Nick Germany|
|March 31, 2010 to September 30, 2014||Nickelodeon Germany||Comedy Central Germany||Nickelodeon Germany|
|September 8, 2014 to September 30, 2015
(frequency change to VIVA)
|VIVA Germany||Comedy Central Germany|
|October 1, 2015 to December 30, 2018||VIVA Germany||Comedy Central Germany||VIVA Germany|
|December 31, 2018||VIVA Germany||Comedy Central Germany|
|since January 1, 2019||Comedy Central Germany|
- The 100 stupidest clips in the world
- Bath salts
- CC: N - Comedy Central News
- C cup
- The comedy sketch mix
- The dumbest ...
- Fat for fun
- Ask the lip
- hot spots
- Join the club
- Kargar hits the nail
- Oral stool
- NightWash - stand-up show where cabaret artists can perform their own program. The show ran on WDR television until 2006 . The moderator is Klaus-Jürgen Deuser .
- Roast Battle
- Schmidt Comedy Show (from the Schmidt Theater in Hamburg)
- Standup 3000
- Totally funny - the best clips with Ruth Moschner
- u. A. wg - an answer is requested
Comedy Central is broadcast digitally via Astra 19.2 ° East (on 11.973 MHz vertical) and Eutelsat 9A (on 11.785 MHz horizontal). It can also be received digitally in the cable networks of Vodafone Kabel Deutschland , Unitymedia , PŸUR and Kabelsignal Austria; in some cable networks this is also analogous.
Comedy Central via broadband internet:
Comedy Central via DVB-T2 HD :
- Reception via Freenet TV connect
From January 15, 2007 to July 21, 2008 Comedy Central presented itself with a black and white transparent corner logo in the upper right corner. The trailers leaned against a jumbled-up design of the station, in which the trailers looked almost like graffiti trains. On July 22, 2008, the design of the transmitter was revised.
On July 22, 2008, Comedy Central changed its entire design. A logo was used for each target group:
On March 1, 2010, the design changed to 16: 9, so that all program previews are only broadcast in 16: 9. Instead of the background and pictures of the program's protagonists in a matching color, a video from the program has been played since March 1st, which has since taken up a slightly larger part of the picture. The logo itself remained unchanged.
From October 14, 2010 Comedy Central presented itself in a 3D glass world look. The multi-colored corner logo was dispensed with and replaced by a transparent corner logo in the upper left corner. The theme song has also been completely replaced. The design and logo were replaced on October 1, 2011 by a new one that is used internationally.
Since October 1, 2011, Comedy Central Germany has been broadcasting with the new internationally used design. As previously done with Nickelodeon and MTV, an identical design has now been introduced for Comedy Central worldwide. The new design was in 2D and should look younger. With the new design, the station also received a new corner logo. The logo was next to the USA a. a. already used in Poland, Hungary and Sweden. The Netherlands, like Germany, Austria and Switzerland, received the new design on October 1st.
Since September 1, 2014, Comedy Central has been broadcasting with a new design. The design from 2011 was fundamentally revised, but the logo remained as such. At the same time, a fade-in (top right in the corner) began to indicate the VIVA frequency about the move.
Since January 1, 2019, Comedy Central has been broadcasting with a new logo and design that was adapted by the USA and gradually introduced on all international channels.
From the end of April 2011, the station was advertised with a large-scale and rather unusual advertising campaign. In order to draw attention to the fact that the station broadcasts high-quality comedyware and not clowns, advertisements with the motto “no clowns” were placed in magazines. In television commercials, angry, unemployed clowns attacked employees of the station and in a large demonstration on April 26, 2011, 100 clowns marched through Berlin and demonstrated against the station because they would not find accommodation there.
|year||from 3 years|
The station has been showing its audience ratings since the second year of broadcasting.
With all viewers, the ratings remained at a constant level, but fluctuated slightly between 0.3% and 0.4%.
Comedy Central HD
On May 16, 2011, the German HD version of Comedy Central was launched under the name Comedy Central HD in the Entertain package from Telekom and on Vodafone TV.
From June 1, 2011 to September 30, 2014, the station was also available via satellite via HD +.
Comedy Central HD has also been available on Vodafone Kabel Deutschland since November 25, 2014, and on Zattoo in the HiQ package since January 15, 2015. Comedy Central HD is also available at PŸUR .
- Imprint Comedy Central
- The annual market shares of the small broadcasters. DWDL.de , February 1, 2019, accessed on May 3, 2019 .
- Changes in 2009
- 3D worlds: Comedy Central gets a new design , dwdl.de
- Viacom shrinks VIVA already in September , DWDL.de
- VIVA is already shrinking on September 8th ,quotemeter.de
- Kastner evaporates Viva, expands Nickelodeon , dwdl.de
- Daniel Sallhoff: Another change in strategy at Viacom: VIVA will be on the air again at night from October . In : quotemeter.de . August 12, 2015. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- COMEDY CENTRAL presents a new logo ( memento of the original from September 25, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Marcel Domke: no clowns on Comedy Central. zweinullig.de, April 27, 2011, accessed April 27, 2011 .
- Alexander Krei: Comedy Central sends clowns to the demonstration. DWDL.de , April 27, 2011, accessed on April 27, 2011 .
- Audiencesince 1990 . kek-online.de. Archived from the original on December 8, 2015. Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- Audience share 2012 . kek-online.de. Archived from the original on August 11, 2017. Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- 2013 audience shares . kek-online.de. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved September 25, 2016.