Haag am Hausruck
Haag am Hausruck
|coat of arms||Austria map|
|State :||Upper Austria|
|Political District :||Grieskirchen|
|License plate :||GR|
|Residents :||2,201 (January 1, 2020)|
|Population density :||130 inhabitants per km²|
|Postal code :||4680|
|Area code :||07732|
|Community code :||4 08 09|
|Address of the
4680 Haag am Hausruck
|Mayor :||Konrad Binder ( ÖVP )|
Municipal Council : (2015)
|Location of Haag am Hausruck in the Grieskirchen district|
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
The market town of Haag am Hausruck is a municipality with 2201 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2020). It is located east of Ried im Innkreis am Hausruck . The community is located in the judicial district of Grieskirchen .
Haag am Hausruck is located at an altitude of 505 m in the Hausruck district . The total area is 17.1 km². Around 88% of the area is forested or used for agriculture, only around 1.5% is used as building land.
The municipality includes the following 27 localities (population in brackets as of January 1, 2020):
The community consists of the cadastral communities Niedernhaag and Obernhaag.
( Ried im Innkreis district )
( Ried im Innkreis district )
The community has been part of the judicial district of Grieskirchen since January 1, 2003, previously it belonged to the judicial district of Haag am Hausruck .
Haag am Hausruck has two Roman Catholic churches : The parish church at the lower end of the market square with statues of saints by the Schwanthaler family is dedicated to St. Consecrated to Vitus . The cemetery church in the Niedernhaag district in Romanesque-Gothic style is dedicated to St. Consecrated to Aegidius . However, it is mainly used for funerals and All Saints' Day. A Latter-day Saints Church of Jesus Christ has also had a ward since 1901 ; it is the first parish of this community founded in Austria.
coat of arms
Blazon : In red on a green three-mountain, a silver, square, continuous wall with three battlements and three black open loopholes as well as a perforated round arched gate with a golden, half-open portcullis.
Original text of the award document from Emperor Ferdinand I on October 12, 1544
"Ain Roter Schül in the green of the same yent a grienes burg of three perges or puddles, above a moor of white squares with three fences in Jedt ain schießlukhen and in the middle appears an open gate or gate, in it a yellow gate."
Economy and Infrastructure
The market town is cut in the north by the A8 Innkreis motorway from east to west and has its own motorway connection. From north to south, federal road 141 connects Grieskirchen and Ried im Innkreis with Haag am Hausruck in the west of the market town .
The Haager Lies , a regional train operated by Stern & Hafferl Verkehrsgesellschaft , connected Haag am Hausruck with Lambach until the 21st century , where it was possible to change to the Westbahn . On December 12, 2009, passenger traffic was discontinued on the entire route and rail replacement services with buses were set up. The Pram-Haag train station of the Innkreisbahn is about 6 km away in the municipality of Pram.
The district court of Haag am Hausruck was closed on January 1, 2005 and the community was assigned to the district court of Grieskirchen.
Culture and sights
- Starhemberg Castle (Haag am Hausruck) : The Renaissance- style Starhemberg Castle was first mentioned in 1246 AD and is located on a hill west of the market square. The complex dates from the 16th century, the chapel and the tower were added in the mid-1920s. The castle, which is now owned by DI Hatschek, served the Austrian army as a hospital at the beginning of the 20th century and was a transit camp for thousands of refugees during World War II . Today the Hague Homeland Rooms are set up in some rooms of the castle . Showpieces from agriculture, lignite mining, handicrafts and trades as well as graphics of palaces and castles can be viewed.
- Burgstall Rudolfspitz
- Parish church in Haag am Hausruck : The Gothic church was changed in the 17th century and expanded into a baroque hall church from 1720 to 1730.
- The regular events in the annual cycle include the Kirtag on Mardi Gras Monday , the horse market on the Sunday after Ascension Day , the country festival of the country and western friends Hausruckwald, the castle concert of the Haag market band in June or their request concert in December and the beer wagon race, the takes place on the market square in June in the odd years.
- The Luisenhöhe (approx. ), Haag am Hausruck's local mountain , is located on the foothills of the Hausruck. There was a chair lift on the mountain until 2012 . In June 2015, a new “adventure mountain railway ” was opened in the form of a “Wie-Li” type cable car running on a closed loop . The six-seater cars, equipped with passenger cabins, are pulled uphill by a rope and, braked by an eddy current brake, drive downhill to the valley station on their own. In August 2015, the renovated, 750 m long summer toboggan run (stainless steel tub run) was reopened. Further attractions on the Luisenhöhe in Haag am Hausruck are the nature trail “Path of the Senses”, the observation tower, the Hausruck forest school, a forest high ropes park and the aforementioned summer toboggan run. The 32.5 m high wooden observation tower on Hausruckkamm was rebuilt in May 2005. The Luisenhöhe is currently being positioned as an adventure mountain Luisenhöhe with its diverse range of offers . The original Hausruck chairlift Luisenhöhe GmbH. now trades as ERLEBNISBERG LUISENHÖHE GMBH by resolution of the around 150 shareholders in May 2013, which is intended to take into account the realignment of Luisenhöhe without the first chairlift project from 1964.
Sons and daughters
- Heinrich Claudi (1842–1907), master bookbinder and draftsman (founder of the volunteer fire brigade and patron of the Hague population)
- Karel Klostermann (1848–1923), writer
- August Gottwald (1877–1957), lawyer and politician
- Herbert Bayer (1900–1985), photographer, painter and graphic designer, teacher at the Bauhaus in Dessau
- Franz Vieböck (* 1938), football player
- Rosemarie Schönpass (* 1952), politician
- Thomas Waldenberger (* 1969), carpenter and sculptor
- Franz Schiemer (* 1986), football player
- Franz Schoberleitner (* 1931), principal school director i. R.
- Johann Zweimüller
- Franz Ziegelböck (* 1942), honorary citizen and former mayor
Honor ring bearer
- Rudolf Luhofer
- Hugo Hötzinger
- Robert Schoberleitner (1941-2010), chairman i. R. Verein Naturerlebnispfad Luisenhöhe in Hausruckwald , managing director of Hausruck Sessellift GmbH
- Statistics Austria: Population on January 1st, 2020 by locality (area status on January 1st, 2020) , ( CSV )
- State of Upper Austria, history and geography, coat of arms. Retrieved April 12, 2019 .
- Haager Lies discontinued from December 13th
- Community of Haag am Hausruck, Life in Haag, schools. Retrieved April 12, 2019 .
- Changes in judicial districts. Statistics Austria , March 26, 2008, accessed on July 25, 2013 .
- Luisenhöhe adventure mountain starts on July 26, 2015 with a new concept , tip.at, accessed on October 12, 2015
- Panoramic view from the Luisenhöhe Adventure Mountain ( Memento of the original from December 26, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. on haag-hausruck.at
- Thomas Waldenberger , in: Web presence of Regiowiki.at
- Franz Ziegelböck, in: Web presence of Regiowiki.at
- Homepage of the market town of Haag am Hausruck
- Homepage Austrian Red Cross local office Haag am Hausruck
- Further information about the municipality of Haag am Hausruck can be found on the geographic information system of the federal state of Upper Austria .