coat of arms
|mayor||Daphne Bergman ( D66 )|
|Seat of the municipality||Beuningen|
|47.09 km 2
43.65 km 2
3.44 km 2
|Residents||25,887 (Jan 31, 2019)|
|Population density||550 inhabitants / km 2|
|Important traffic route|
|Postcodes||6551, 6641-6642, 6644-6645|
|Website||Homepage of Beuningen|
The following villages are located in Beuningen (the number of inhabitants as of January 1, 2017 in brackets):
- Beuningen (seat of the municipal administration) (17.205)
- Ewijk (3,785)
- Weurt (2,475)
- Winssen (1955).
Location and economy
Beuningen is located immediately west of the city of Nijmegen , on the Waal river . In the west of the municipality, near Ewijk, it is crossed by a motorway bridge. The village of Beuningen is a suburb of its eastern neighbor Nijmegen. In the other places there is a lot of agriculture and some industry (brick factories for the production of bricks and roof tiles ).
The area may have been inhabited by the Romans . Like Ewijk and Winssen, Beuningen was a poor farming village up until around 1900, often afflicted by river floods. A nunnery was located here from 1900 to 1970, which alleviated poverty somewhat. After 1928 the situation improved with the construction of better roads. In the meantime, Beuningen has grown into a suburb of Nijmegen, with many new building districts.
In Ewijk, right on the Waaldeich, is Doddendael Castle, built in 1332, which now houses a restaurant.
The municipal council has been formed as follows since 1982:
|Beuningen Nu & Morgen a||-||-||-||-||-||-||5||9||9||7th|
|Gemeente Belangen Democrats b||-||3||4th||3||2||3||2||-||-||-|
|Democratic Party Hutner / Melssen||3||4th||5||5||5||5||-||-||-||-|
|Democratic Party Beuningen||-||-||-||2||2||2||-||-||-||-|
College of Mayors and Aldermen
|Mayoress||Daphne Bergman||D66||in office since January 15, 2018 (provisional until January 11, 2019)|
|Alderman||Piet de Klein||Beuningen Nu & Morgen||first deputy mayor|
|Henk Plaizier||VVD||second deputy mayor|
|Pim van Teffelen||CDA||third deputy mayoress|
|Community Secretary||Dyanne Kocken||-||in office since June 2009|
- Website of the municipality (Dutch)
- Nieuwe Burgemeester in Beuningen. In: rijksoverheid.nl. Rijksoverheid, December 17, 2018, accessed February 6, 2019 (Dutch).
- Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand . In: StatLine . Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek (Dutch)
- Results of the local elections: 1982–2002 2006 2010 2014 2018 , accessed on December 29, 2018 (Dutch)
- College van B en W . In: gemeentebestuur.beuningen.nl . Gemeente Beuningen, accessed December 29, 2018 (Dutch)