|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Administrative region :||Upper Palatinate|
|County :||Neustadt an der Waldnaab|
|Height :||400 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||16.85 km 2|
|Residents:||2730 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||162 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||92708|
|Area code :||09605|
|License plate :||NEW, ESB , VOH|
|Community key :||09 3 74 134|
|Market structure:||4 districts|
Market administration address :
|Etzenrichter Strasse 11
|Mayor :||Richard Kammerer ( CSU )|
|Location of the Mantel market in the Neustadt an der Waldnaab district|
The municipality has four districts:
There are also three unofficial districts:
- Gymnasium (southeast of Mantel)
- Kalkhäusl (hamlet)
- Rupprechtsreuther Mühle (between Mantel and Rupprechtsreuth)
Origin and name
The exact origin of the place is unknown. Mantle was first clearly mentioned in a document on September 26, 1212. Frederick II gave the Floß estate to King Ottokar of Bohemia as a thank you for his loyal service, to which Mantile (coat) also belonged. On July 13, 1654, Mantel received market rights .
There are two different theories about the origin of the name. According to a popular saying , the name can be traced back to the garment of the same name. A robber chief is said to have spread his cloak at the place where Mantel is now to share the booty. It is thought more likely that the name Mantel comes from the Old High German word for pine (mandl). Mantel is still surrounded by large pine forests today. In fact, a well-known robber captain named Franz Troglauer comes from the place . He roamed the Upper Palatinate and Franconia with his gang in the 18th century.
In 2012 the market celebrated the 800th anniversary of its first documentary mention.
In 1945 or 1946 the previously independent municipality of Rupprechtsreuth was incorporated. On July 1, 1972, parts of the dissolved Hütten community were added.
Between 1988 and 2018, the population decreased from 2805 to 2728 by 77 or 2.8%.
Market council and mayor
The market town of Mantel has 14 market councils, of which the CSU have appointed seven, the SPD four and the FWG three since the local elections on March 16, 2014 . Mayor was initially Josef Wittmann, CSU . Due to the application of the First Mayor for dismissal for health reasons, the Second Mayor Stephan Oetzinger was in charge of official business until further notice.
In the mayoral election on May 20, 2012, Stephan Oetzinger (CSU) was elected the youngest mayor in the Neustadt an der Waldnaab district with 73.8% of the votes in the first ballot. He took office on May 23, 2012.
After Stephan Oetzinger won the direct mandate for the constituency of Weiden in the Bavarian State Parliament on October 14, 2018, he resigned from office on November 4, 2018. Richard Kammerer was elected as the new mayor on February 3, 2019.
Mayor since 1900
- Brunner (1894-1918)
- Eisenmann (1918–1922)
- Nickl (1922-1924)
- Wilhelm Klemm (1925–1933)
- Fritz Janner (1933-1945)
- Johann Ziegler, CSU (1945–1948)
- Josef Janner, CSU (1948–1967)
- Hans Bäumler, SPD (1967–1978)
- Erwin Klemm, CSU (1978–1996)
- Josef Wittmann, CSU (1996–2012)
- Dr. Stephan Oetzinger, CSU (2012-2018)
- Rita Steiner, CSU (acting as 2nd mayor from November 5, 2018 to February 5, 2019)
- Richard Kammerer, CSU (since 2019)
coat of arms
Culture and sights
- The Protestant parish church, built from 1614 onwards, was a Simultankirche from 1663 until the consecration of the Catholic parish church ; the Simultaneum was dissolved in 1899. In 1908 it received an extension and an onion dome.
- The neo-Gothic Catholic parish church of St. Peter and Paul was started in 1898 and consecrated in 1905.
- The pilgrimage church of St. Moritz from 1734 has brickwork from the mid-15th century and a rococo high altar from around 1760.
- In the cultural sector, the market is primarily characterized by its variety of clubs.
- In particular, the music group of the Oberpfälzer Waldverein (OWV) has achieved national recognition over the past 25 years.
- OWV fountain on Stodlplatz (Ossangerweg) with an oak brunnstock that is over 1090 years old.
- Hammer lock coat
- Christoph Mendel von Steinfels († 1508), first rector of the University of Ingolstadt and 1502–1508 Bishop of Chiemsee.
- Stephan Oetzinger , member of the state parliament
- "Data 2" sheet, Statistical Report A1200C 202041 Population of the municipalities, districts and administrative districts 1st quarter 2020 (population based on the 2011 census) ( help ).
- http://www.bayerische-landesbibliothek-online.de/orte/ortssuche_action.html 978
- Wilhelm Volkert (ed.): Handbook of Bavarian offices, communities and courts 1799–1980 . CH Beck, Munich 1983, ISBN 3-406-09669-7 , p. 538 .
- http://www.markt-mantel.com/buergermeister/ ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.