American Crime Story
|German title||American Crime Story
Season 1: The People v. O. J. Simpson
Season 2: The Murder of Gianni Versace
|Original title||American Crime Story
Season 1: The People v. O. J. Simpson
Season 2: The Assassination of Gianni Versace
|Country of production||United States|
|Year (s)||since 2016|
|Scott & Larry Productions
Ryan Murphy Productions
FXP (FX Networks, LLC)
Fox 21 Television Studios
|length||approx. 41-58 minutes|
|Episodes||19 in 2+ seasons ( list )|
|genre||Anthology series , thriller , crime novel , true crime , drama|
Ryan Murphy ,
|First broadcast||February 2, 2016 (USA) on FX|
|January 6, 2017 on Sky Atlantic|
American Crime Story is an American television series directed by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski . American horror story creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk are among the executive producers involved in the production. The series uses a format where each season has a completed storyline and a completely new cast in what is commonly referred to as an anthology series. Comparable anthology series are American Horror Story , True Detective or Fargo .
Production and broadcast
The first season is subtitled The People v. OJ Simpson (English for "The people against OJ Simpson") and tells the criminal case against OJ Simpson . The book The Run of His Life: The People v. OJ Simpson by Jeffrey Toobin . The first broadcast took place from February 2 to April 5, 2016 on the FX channel .
The second season is subtitled The Assassination of Gianni Versace (English for "The murder of Gianni Versace"). It is based on the book by Maureen Orth Vulgar Favors: Andrew Cunanan, Gianni Versace, and the Largest Failed Manhunt in US History , which covers the July 1997 assassination of Versace and the subsequent eight-day search for serial killer Andrew Cunanan . The first broadcast took place from January 17 to March 21, 2018 on the FX channel.
Due to production, the season was now planned as a third season after the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina , after it was originally planned as a second season. In January 2017 it was announced that the planned season about Hurricane Katrina could not be developed in the appropriate time frame, which is why it should initially be postponed to 2018 together with the season about the murder of Versace. In June 2017 it was announced that the second and third seasons would swap their original positions: The murder of Versace in 2018 has started as the second season , while Katrina has been announced as the third season for 2019. In February 2019 it was announced that a Hurricane Katrina season would not take place.
A fourth season about the Clinton-Lewinsky affair and based on the book A Vast Conspiracy: The Real Story of the Sex Scandal that Nearly Brought Down a President by Jeffrey Toobin, who already provided the book template for season one, was published in February 2017 by Murphy confirms and should be in the scripting phase. In it, the characters of the Clintons should only play in the background. This season was also canceled, but before the Katrina cancellation in April 2018. In August 2019, it was announced that the Clinton-Lewinsky affair would be filmed as the third season. Monica Lewinsky is the producer for the season.
Cast and dubbing
Season 1: The People v. OJ Simpson
Season 2: The murder of Gianni Versace
|Darren Criss||Andrew Cunanan||1.01–1.09||Tobias Nath|
|Penelope Cruz||Donatella Versace||1.01-1.02, 1.05, 1.07, 1.09||Melanie Pukass|
|Ricky Martin||Antonio D'Amico||1.01-1.02, 1.05, 1.07, 1.09||Karlo Hackenberger|
|Édgar Ramírez||Gianni Versace||1.01-1.02, 1.05-1.07, 1.09||Alexander Doering|
|Annaleigh Ashford||Elizabeth Cote||1.01–1.02, 1.05–1.06, 1.08–1.09||Anita Hopt|
|Cody Fern||David Madson||1.04–1.07||Jeremias Koschorz|
|Finn Wittrock||Jeffrey Trail||1.04–1.07||Roman Wolko|
|Dascha Polanco||Detective Lori Again||1.01-1.02, 1.09||Friederike Walke|
|Max Greenfield||Ronnie||1.01-1.02, 1.09||Arne Stephan|
|Joe Adler||Jerome||1.01, 1.08||Dirk Petrick|
|Judith Light||Marilyn Miglin||1.03, 1.09||Angelika Bender|
|Mike Farrell||Lee Miglin||1.03, 1.06||Rainer Gerlach|
|Michael Nouri||Norman Blachford||1.06-1.07||Bernd Rumpf|
|Terry Sweeney||David Gallo||1.06-1.07||Detlef Giess|
|Joanna Adler||Mary Ann Cunanan||1.06–1.09||Marina Krogull|
|Jon Jon Briones||Modesto Cunanan||1.08–1.09||Asad Black|
|Beanie Feldstein||Monica Lewinsky||1.01–|
|Sarah Paulson||Linda Tripp||1.01–|
|Annaleigh Ashford||Paula Jones||1.01–|
|Clive Owen||President Bill Clinton||1.01–|
|Anthony Green||Vice President Al Gore||1.01–|
|Billy Eichner||Matt Drudge||1.01–|
|Betty Gilpin||Ann Coulter||1.01–|
DVD and Blu-ray publishing
The series was released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in various countries .
- Season 1 was released on September 6, 2016
- Season 1 was released on May 24, 2017
- Season 1 was released on September 5, 2016
- American Crime Story in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Official website at FX
- American Crime Story at Fernsehserien.de
- ↑ 'American Crime Story' Season 3: All the 'Katrina' Details (So Far) , In: hollywoodreporter.com, March 21, 2018. Retrieved June 29, 2018
- ^ Before season 2: FX orders third round of "American Crime Story" . 19th October 2016.
- ↑ Anthony D'Alessandro: 'American Crime Story: Katrina' Moves To 2018 - TCA . January 12, 2017.
- ↑ Ryan Murphy's 'Katrina' Will Be Based On 'Five Days at Memorial' Book, Scott Rudin Joins As Producer, Sarah Paulson To Star. In: Deadline.com , August 10, 2017. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- ↑ Anthony D'Alessandro, Anthony D'Alessandro: FX Boss Says More Cycles Of Ryan Murphy's 'American Horror Story' & 'American Crime Story' On Horizon; But no 'Katrina' . 4th February 2019.
- ↑ Horror scandals: Ryan Murphy addresses the US election in "American Horror Story" and the Lewinsky affair in "American Crime Story". In: filmstarts.de. February 16, 2017. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- ↑ Ryan Schwartz, Ryan Schwartz: Horror Story Adds Joan Collins, Monica Lewinsky's Crime Story Scrapped . 4th April 2018.
- ↑ Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Scandal Is Next for 'American Crime Story' , accessed August 7, 2019
- ↑ Lewinsky produces series on the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal , accessed on August 7, 2019
- ↑ a b American Crime Story. In: synchronkartei.de. German synchronous file , accessed on January 12, 2018 .
- ↑ American Crime Story: The People v. Oj Simpson. 20th Century Fox, September 6, 2016, accessed May 2, 2017 .
- ↑ American Crime Story: The People VOJ Simpson - Season 1. Twentieth Century Fox, accessed May 2, 2017 .
- ↑ The People VOJ Simpson - American Crime Story. 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, September 5, 2016, accessed May 2, 2017 .