Höhnriß-Neuben nature reserve
|location||Münsingen in the district of Reutlingen , Baden-Württemberg|
|Sea level||from 730 m to 805 m|
|Setup date||January 21, 1995|
|administration||Regional Council Tübingen|
The nature reserve is located in the Mittlere Kuppenalb natural area and is around 300 m north of Dottingen . The semi - arid grassland of the area forms a biotope network with the semidrythic grasslands of the other nature reserves in the north of Münsingen: Kälberberg-Hochberg , Seetalhalde-Galgenberg , Schopflochberg and Eckenlauh-Weißgerberberg . The area lies entirely in the Swabian Alb biosphere area .
According to the regulation, the protection purpose is:
- the maintenance and care of a biotope mosaic, which is extraordinarily diverse for the Middle Kuppenalb, from source areas with reed and wet meadows, over succession, forest and hedgerows. Meadows and arable land up to the otherwise typical semi-arid grassland, which offers a habitat for numerous rare, threatened and protected animal and plant species,
- the safeguarding of the geological peculiarities of the very close proximity of the occurrence of parabasalt and volcanic tuff from the Urach volcanic area, cement marl, bank limestone, limestone rubble and Quaternary loam up to the appearance of spring areas and sinkholes as evidence of the special geological and natural history situation of this landscape area ,
- the preservation, maintenance and improvement of this diverse natural area as a habitat for a species-rich plant and animal community adapted to the respective characteristics and as a retreat for numerous species from the surrounding agricultural landscape, especially as a breeding ground for highly endangered bird species,
- the maintenance of a spacious biotope network from the Trailfinger Gorge via the Schopflochberg, the Seetalhalde and the Galgenberg to other semi-arid grasslands to the west and east of it in the northern part of Münsingen, to the geological features in the Hohnriß, Neuben and Eisenrüttel areas.
Flora and fauna
The Gewann Höhnriß is characterized by a rich orchid population : fly ragwort , bumblebee ragwort , bee ragwort , helmet orchid , fox's orchid , mosquito handelwort , two-leaved forest hyacinth , large two-leaf , white wood bird , brown-red and broad-leaved stendel . In Gewann Neuben you can find Bulte the turf sedge , which only occurs sparsely in Germany. Over 70 bird species have been observed in the area to date, including the endangered breeding bird species woodcock , corncrake , partridge , red-backed shrike and great gray shrike
- Regional Council Tübingen (ed.): The nature reserves in the administrative district of Tübingen . Thorbecke, Stuttgart 2006, ISBN 978-3-7995-5175-5 .