|organizer||World Triathlon Corporation|
|track record||Men: 8:17:14 h, 2016 Harry Wiltshire
Women: 9:13:40 h, 2016 Catherine Faux
The Ironman Vichy is a triathlon competition in France over the Ironman distance (3.86 km swimming, 180.2 km cycling and 42.195 km running). It took place for the first time in August 2015 in Vichy in Auvergne and replaced the Challenge Vichy that had been held in the same region since 2011 .
This triathlon event - like the Ironman 70.3 Vichy - is organized by Optimum Sports Events under the direction of Gael Mainard . The first Ironman event was here on August 30, 2015 and 50 starting places for the World Championship at the Ironman Hawaii (Ironman World Championships) were awarded.
- The swimming distance of 3.8 km goes over two laps on the Allier river dammed up to Lac d' Allier in the area of the Parc Omnisports .
- The 180 km cycle route leads south from Vichy on a circuit. The route runs counter-clockwise through the towns of Serbannes , Bas et Lezat , Sardon , Pagnant , Limons and Hauterive and has to be completed twice. There are 379 hm to be overcome in each lap.
- The running route over the marathon distance is in Vichy along the Allier . It is a 10.5 km lap that must be completed four times. It leads from the transition area in Parc Omnisports to the south on the left bank of the river, crosses the river at the Pont de Bellerive and continues along the river in Parc Kennedy to the turning point. From there, the athletes run north through the Parc Napoleon III , over a loop to the city center through the Parc de Sources (spring park) and over the Pont de l'Europe back to the Parc Omnisports.
(SR: course record)
- Triathlon in Vichy: Also long distance in the future as Ironman ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (January 15, 2015)
- World Championship - Slot distribution
- Vichy joins the Ironman family