|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Administrative association:||At the monastery water|
|Height :||143 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||31.74 km 2|
|Residents:||1702 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||54 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||01920|
|Area code :||035796|
|License plate :||BZ, BIW, HY, KM|
|Community key :||14 6 25 500|
|Community structure:||10 districts|
|Address of the
|Am Marienbrunnen 8
|Mayor :||Hubertus Rietscher ( CDU )|
|Location of the municipality of Ralbitz-Rosenthal in the Bautzen district|
Ralbitz-Rosenthal , in Sorbian , is a Saxon community in the Bautzen district in Upper Lusatia . It was formed in 1994 from the communities Ralbitz and Rosenthal and is located about 10 km east of the city of Kamenz am Klosterwasser . In 2001, 85.41% of the community population spoke Sorbian . The community is part of the core settlement area of the West Slavic people.
The community is located between the towns of Kamenz and Hoyerswerda along the water of the monastery in the so-called "Netherlands" ( Delany ). About a third of the community area is covered by forests.
The districts include (population as of December 31, 2016):
- Cunnewitz (Konjecy) , 277 inhabitants
- Boundary (Hrańca) , 49 residents
- Laske (Łazk) , 77 inhabitants
- Naußlitz (Nowoslicy) , 106 inhabitants
- Neu-Schmerlitz (Bušenka) , 1 inhabitant
- Ralbitz (Ralbicy) , 319 inhabitants
- Rosenthal (Róžant) , 234 inhabitants
- Schmerlitz (Smjerdźaca) , 179 inhabitants
- Schönau (Šunow) , 273 inhabitants
- Zerna (Sernjany) , 176 inhabitants
According to the 2011 census, Ralbitz-Rosenthal is the Saxon community with the lowest average age.
The Ralbitz-Rosenthal municipal council currently consists of twelve members and meets in Sorbian. The local election on May 26, 2019 resulted in the following distribution of votes and seats:
|Parties and constituencies||2019||2014||2009|
|Delany Free Electoral Association (DELANY)||57.0||7th||62.5||8th||59.2||7th|
|Christian Democratic Union (CDU)||43.0||5||37.5||4th||40.8||5|
Culture and sights
→ see also: List of cultural monuments in Ralbitz-Rosenthal
- The community cemetery around the village church in Ralbitz is characterized by uniform white wooden crosses decorated with a golden body. They should remind of equality before God even in death.
- The nature reserve Lasker Auenwald ( Łazkowski niwowy lěs ) by the monastery water is protected as the last remnant of the original meadow vegetation and is worth seeing.
Specifically, the Osterreiten enjoys special importance here. Every year the Ralbitzer procession rides to the neighboring community of Wittichenau to proclaim the good news of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Every year on April 30th the traditional witch burning takes place. On the following day, May 1st, the maypole is placed around which the whole village gathers and sings songs in honor of the mother of Jesus .
Place of pilgrimage Rosenthal
→ see main article Pilgrimage Church Rosenthal
The municipality of Ralbitz-Rosenthal has a Sorbian elementary and secondary school, which is located in Ralbitz. The latter is one of four Sorbian high schools in Saxony.
- Siegfried Seifert : Rosenthal pilgrimage church . Regensburg 1999, ISBN 3-7954-6185-5 .
- Xaverius Jacobus Ticinus : Epitome Historiae Rosenthalensis, sive Compendiaria Narratio de Origine, ac Cultu pervetustae BV Mariae Statuae, in Pago Rosenthal Lusatiae superioris . Prague 1692 (in German: oldest description of the pilgrimages to the Rosenthaler miraculous image )
- Ludek Brezina, Jana Konvicná, Jan Zdichynec (eds.): "Vir clarus verbô, et calamô. Jacobus Xaverus Ticinus, pozapomenutá postava barokní historiografie", in: Ve znamení zemí Koruny ceské. Sborník k šedesátým narozeninám profesorky Lenky Bobkové (Praha 2006), pp. 599–622 (in German: "... the half-forgotten figure of baroque historiography", in: Under the sign of the countries of the Bohemian Crown. Jubilee for the 60th birthday of a woman Professor Lenka Bobkova ...)
- Jan Zdichynec: "Jacobus Xaverus Ticinus et l'histoire du pèlerinage à la vierge de Rosenthal en Haute-Lusace: frontière confessionnelle et littérature mariale en Europe centrale", in: Sanctuaires et transferts de cultes. Rencontres franco-slovènes Paris, sous la direction de Marie-Élizabeth Ducreux et Pierre-Antoine Fabre , in: Cahiers du center de recherches historiques , (Avril 2008), No. 41, pp. 147-176
- Romuald Domaschka: A thousand years of grace Rosenthal. Dresden 1928
- Ralbitz-Rosenthal in the Digital Historical Directory of Saxony
- Population of the Free State of Saxony by municipalities on December 31, 2019 ( help on this ).
- Walde, Martin: Demographic-statistical considerations in the community association "Am Klosterwasser" in: Lětopis 51 (2004), issue 1
- Information on am-klosterwasser.de
- census database on zensus2011.de
- Article on statistik.sachsen.de