|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||Zell am See|
|License plate :||ZE|
|Residents :||3,037 (January 1, 2020)|
|Postal code :||5723|
|Area code :||06563|
|Community code :||5 06 24|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Hannes Lerchbaumer ( SPÖ )|
Municipal Council : (2019)
|Location of Uttendorf in the Zell am See district|
View of Uttendorf
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
Uttendorf is a municipality with 3037 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2020) in the Salzburger Land in the Zell am See district in Austria . In terms of area, it is the third largest municipality in the district, with around 43 km² of the area in the Hohe Tauern National Park .
The municipality is located in Pinzgau in the Salzburg region.
Average monthly temperatures and rainfall for Uttendorf
The municipal area comprises the following 10 localities (population in brackets as of January 1, 2020):
- Hofham (72)
- Koehlerbichl (268)
- Litzldorf (161)
- Pölsen (63)
- Quettensberg (196)
- Schwarzenbach (65)
- Stubach (154)
- Tobersbach (180)
- Uggl (53)
- Uttendorf (1825)
The community consists of the cadastral communities Schwarzenbach, Stubach, Tobersbach and Uttendorf.
Matrei in Osttirol
( district Lienz , Tyrol )
Kals am Großglockner
( District Lienz , Tyrol )
Heiligenblut am Großglockner
( District Spittal a. D. D. , Ktn. )
- ∗ Mittersill is located in the Salzach Valley just west of Stuhlfelden, the municipality borders in the mountains to the south
Tombs from the Hallstatt period show early settlement. In 1160 a Uoto von Uotendorf and thus the place is mentioned for the first time in a document.
From 1943 to 1945 there was a sub-camp of the Dachau concentration camp in the Stubachtal to accommodate forced laborers for the power plant construction.
coat of arms
The coat of arms was awarded to Uttendorf in 1969 by the Salzburg state government.
Blazon : “A divided shield ; At the top in red at the division of silver mother rock between two silver rock crystals turned diagonally outwards there is a similar pole . At the bottom, in silver, a stylized blue turbine wheel with ten spoon-shaped blades. “
The rock crystals refer to the discovery of the largest rock crystal known to date in the municipality; the wheel of a Pelton turbine indicates the Stubachwerk .
The community council has a total of 19 members.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2004, the municipal council had the following distribution: 11 SPÖ, 7 ÖVP, and 1 FPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2009 , the municipal council had the following distribution: 10 SPÖ, 7 ÖVP, and 2 FPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2014 , the municipal council had the following distribution: 10 SPÖ, 5 ÖVP, and 4 FPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2019 , the municipal council has the following distribution: 9 SPÖ, 8 ÖVP, and 2 FPÖ.
- 1948–1964 Heinrich Kossär (SPÖ)
- 1964–1989 Kurt Maier (SPÖ)
- 1989–1994 Alois Johann Nindl (SPÖ)
- 1994-2013 Franz Nill (SPÖ)
- since 2013 Hannes Lerchbaumer (SPÖ)
With around 180,000 overnight stays per year, tourism is the main source of income. The bathing lake and the Weißsee Glacier Railways are important attractions. There are also a number of small and medium-sized companies with around 850 employees.
- Stubachtal power station group of the Austrian Federal Railways in the Stubachtal
- Gassner Mülltransport GmbH - Waste disposal company, major fire on 13./14. April 2020
Culture and sights
- Train: Uttendorf has a train station connected to the narrow-gauge Pinzgauer local railway between Zell am See and Krimml (via Mittersill). The station building was renovated at the beginning of 2010.
- Road: The Mittersiller Straße B 168 leads from Zell am See via Uttendorf to Mittersill.
- Erich Meder (1897–1966), lyricist for Schlager and Viennese songs; lived in Uttendorf in the summer months
- Kajetan Mühlmann (1898–1958), National Socialist, SS leader and art thief
- 50624 - Uttendorf (Salzburg). Community data, Statistics Austria .
- Uttendorf . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- Statistics Austria: Population on January 1st, 2020 by locality (area status on January 1st, 2020) , ( CSV )
- Heinrich Kossär . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- Kurt Maier . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- Alois Johann Nindl . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- Franz Nill . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- Hannes Lerchbaumer . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .
- Large-scale operation after fire in garbage disposal company ended orf.at, April 14, 2020, accessed April 14, 2020.
- About us gassner-entsorgung.at, accessed April 14, 2020.