Calendar overview 1193
|Saladin , founder of the Ayyubid dynasty , dies.||
Gray Abbey in Ireland
|1193 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||641/642 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1736/37 (southern Buddhism); 1735/36 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||64th (65th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||555/556 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||588/ 589 /590 results (year 6/7 January. // 26/27. December)|
|Jewish calendar||4953/54 (August 29/30)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1503/04 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1504/05 (New Year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1249/50 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- March 28 : The captured King Richard the Lionheart is given to Emperor Heinrich VI in Speyer . to hand over.
- Emperor Heinrich VI. sets Ottokar I. Přemysl as Duke of Bohemia and replaces him with Heinrich Břetislav III. , the Bishop of Prague .
- The Norman King Tankred of Sicily arranged a wedding between his son and heir Roger III. with Irene von Byzantium , daughter of the Byzantine emperor Isaac II Angelus . However, Roger dies a short time later.
- March 3rd : After the death of Sultan Saladin , his 17 sons fight for succession over the Ayyubid empire .
- After September 28th: Gilbert Hérail succeeds the late Robert de Sablé as Grand Master of the Templar Order .
First documentary mentions
- Tsangpa Gyare Yeshe Dorje founds Ralung Monastery , a monastery of the Drugpa Kagyu School of Tibetan Buddhism .
- Adolf von Altena becomes Archbishop of Cologne after Bruno III. von Berg abdicated.
- The Gray Abbey in Ireland is founded.
- Muhyī d-Dīn Ibn ʿArabī undertakes a trip from Seville to Tunis, where he claims to receive the Sufi robe from al-Chidr .
- Giorgi IV Lasha , King of Georgia († 1223 )
- John III , Byzantine emperor († 1254 )
- Kujō Michiie , Japanese samurai († 1252 )
- Li Zhichang , Chinese scholar († 1256 )
- Minhādsch ad-Dīn Jūzdschānī , Persian chronicler
Date of death secured
- March 3 : Saladin , Sultan of Egypt and Syria, founder of the Ayyubid dynasty (* 1137 )
- April 6th : Guigo II , monk, Carthusian
- July 21 : Matheus of Salerno , leading functionary of the Norman royal court in Sicily
- September 28 : Robert de Sablé , Grand Master of the Templar Order
- December 23 : Þorlákur þórhallsson , Bishop of Skálholt, national saint and patron saint of Iceland (* 1133 )
- December 24th : William d'Aubigny , English nobleman
- December 24th : Roger III. , King of Sicily (* 1175 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Balian von Ibelin , Lord of Ibelin, Nablus, Ramla, later Lord of Caymont (* around 1142 )
- Derbforgaill , Irish princess (* 1108 )
- Düsum Khyenpa , person of Tibetan Buddhism (* 1110 )
- Johann von Évreux , Bishop of Évreux
- Lama Shang , person of Tibetan Buddhism (* 1123 )
- Meinhard , Prince of Gorizia and Istria
- Raschid ad-Din Sinan , sect leader of the Ismaili assassins, called Der Alte vom Berge (* around 1134 )