Calendar overview 1192
|Leopold V of Austria , Richard the Lionheart is captured on the way back from the Third Crusade .|
|1192 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||640/641 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1735/36 (southern Buddhism); 1734/35 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||64th (65th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||554/555 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||587/588 (turn of the year January 17th / 18th)|
|Jewish calendar||4952/53 (9/10 September)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1502/03 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1503/04 (New Year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1248/49 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- April 28th : Conrad of Montferrat , King of Jerusalem , is murdered by two assassins in Tire .
- August 4th : Richard the Lionheart defeats Saladin in the Battle of Jaffa , securing Jaffa for the Crusaders.
- September 2 : Richard the Lionheart concludes a three-year armistice with Sultan Saladin in the Treaty of Ramla , thus ending the Third Crusade .
- May 24th : Duke Leopold V of Austria and his son Friedrich received from Emperor Heinrich VI. the Duchy of Styria as another fiefdom .
- December 21 : On his way back from the Third Crusade, Richard the Lionheart is captured near Vienna on the orders of Leopold V of Austria.
- The Empress Konstanze of Sicily , who has been in captivity Tankred of Lecces since the previous year , is on the intervention of Pope Coelestins III. released and returns to the court of her husband Heinrich VI. back.
- August 21 : In Japan the rule of the shoguns begins with the Kamakura shogunate . Minamoto no Yoritomo receives the hereditary title of Seii Taishogun from the Tennō because of his military achievements and takes over the business of government in Kamakura .
- Battle of Tarain at the "Gate of Delhi": the Muslims win over the Rajputs of Prithvirajas III. and settle permanently in northern India.
First documentary mentions
Date of birth saved
Exact date of birth unknown
Born around 1192
- Henry de Beaumont, 5th Earl of Warwick , English magnate († 1229 )
- William de Braose, 3rd Baron of Bramber , Anglo-Norman nobleman
- Walter de Dunstanville , English nobleman († 1241 )
- John de Lacy, 1st Earl of Lincoln , English magnate († 1240 )
- Juliana von Lüttich , choirwoman and mystic († 1258 )
Date of death secured
- March 28th : Eggehardus , first abbot in Marienfeld monastery
- April 26 : Go-Shirakawa , Emperor of Japan (* 1127 )
- April 28 : Conrad of Montferrat , lord of Tire, king of Jerusalem (* around 1146 )
- May 8 : Ottokar IV. , Margrave / Duke of Styria (* 1163 )
- August 25 : Hugo III. , Duke of Burgundy (* around 1148 )
- August 25 : Wichmann von Seeburg , Bishop of Naumburg and Archbishop of Magdeburg
- November 24th : Albrecht I of Leuven , Bishop of Liège (* around 1165 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Garnier de Naplouse , Grand Master of the Order of St. John
- Hermangard d'Asp , Grand Master of the Order of St. John
- Pierre de Brixey , Bishop of Tyrol
- Kadampa Desheg , person of Tibetan Buddhism (* 1122 )
- Kılıç Arslan II , Seljuk Sultan of Rum
- Orio Mastropiero , Doge of Venice
- Nyang Ralpacan Nyima Öser , person of Tibetan Buddhism (* 1124 )
- Christian von Oldenburg , Count of Oldenburg and crusader
- Prithviraj III. Chauhan , Indian king (* around 1165 )
- Bertram de Verdon , Anglo-Norman nobleman and judge