Calendar overview 1481
The eight old places
Stans contract .
|Sandro Botticelli begins the scenes from the life of Moses .|
|1481 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||929/930 (turn of the year July)|
|Aztec calendar||1. Feuerstein - Ce Tecpatl (until the end of January / beginning of February: 13th pipes - Matlactli omey Acatl )|
|Buddhist calendar||2024/25 (southern Buddhism); 2023/24 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||69th (70th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||843/844 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||885/886 (turn of the year March 1st / 2nd)|
|Jewish calendar||5241/42 (August 24/25)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1791/92 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1792/93 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1537/38 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Spain, Portugal and their colonies
- June 21 : Pope Sixtus IV confirms the Treaty of Alcáçovas in the Aeterni regis bull . The Canary Islands remain Castilian possession. All other acquisitions in Africa and east of it should go to Portugal .
- August 28 : After the death of his father Alfonso V , John II ascends the Portuguese throne. During his reign he succeeded in completely restoring the royal power, which had been weakened under his predecessors , against the nobility.
- At the end of the year, the Moors raided the city of Zahara in response to Christian attacks on some places on the western border. This attack is considered to be the beginning of the final phase of the Reconquista . With the consent of the Catholic Monarchs , the Marquis of Cádiz Rodrigo Ponce de León and his troops attacked the city of Alhama de Granada in response .
- May 21 : After the death of Christian II , his son Johann I becomes King of Denmark without any problems and thus also Duke of Schleswig and Holstein . In the other two countries of the Kalmar Union , Norway and especially Sweden , however, he has to contend with greater resistance.
- December 22nd : The Eight Old Places of the Confederates seal the Stans Decree , with which the internal conflict, especially between urban and rural locations , is settled. The conflict was sparked, among other things, over the division of spoils of war after the Battle of Nancy in 1477 and the agreement of mutual castle rights between the cities of Zurich, Bern and Lucerne on the one hand and Freiburg and Solothurn on the other. After a message from the well-known hermit Niklaus von Flüe to the Diet , the parties to the dispute come to an agreement. The compromise is to include Freiburg and Solothurn in the federal government and in return abolish castle law. The agreement includes the prohibition of violent attacks on comrades or their allies; the protection of an attacked place by the others; the punishment of the perpetrators either by the domestic courts or by those on the scene; a ban on community meetings or gatherings without the permission of the authorities; a ban on inciting the subjects of another place; the obligation of the places to mediate in uprisings by subjects of other places and the confirmation of the Sempacher and Pfaffenbrief . The unions are to be sworn every 5 years and the three decrees are read out. After all, the spoils of war are to be distributed among the towns according to head count in the future.
- The Thuringian three-city federation between Nordhausen , Mühlhausen and Erfurt , founded in 1304/1306, is dissolved.
- After the death of Mehmed II on May 3rd, the Ottomans ended the occupation of the Italian Otranto . His successor is Bayezid II , called Adlî or Veli "the holy one".
- January 6th : Shaykh Ahmad becomes the last ruler of the Golden Horde after the death of his father Akhmat Khan , who is killed by Ibaq Khan , the ruler of the Sibir Khanate , at the mouth of the Donets .
science and technology
Date of birth saved
- March 2 : Franz von Sickingen , leader of the Rhenish and Swabian knights († 1523 )
- March 7 : Baldassare Peruzzi , Italian architect and painter († 1536 )
- March 14 : Margarete Peutinger , Memminger / Augsburg citizen, humanist and numismatist († 1552 )
- June 16 : Rudolf von Baden , Prince of Baden and Canon in Mainz, Cologne, Strasbourg and Augsburg († 1532 )
- November 11 : Christoph Scheurl , German lawyer, diplomat and humanist († 1542 )
- November 25th : Melchior Pfintzing , German clergyman and high-ranking member of the imperial court († 1535 )
- December 14 : Lucas Rem , Augsburg merchant and diary writer († 1541 )
- December 18 : Sophie von Mecklenburg , Duchess of Saxony († 1503 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Paul von Buol , Swiss nobleman († 1567 )
- Philipp von Flersheim , Prince-Bishop of Speyer and Prince Provost of Weißenburg († 1552 )
- Mateu Fletxa el Vell , Aragonese monk and composer († 1553 )
- Cornelis Hendricksz Loen , Amsterdam patrician and mayor († 1547 )
- Lucien , Lord of Monaco († 1523 )
- Neagoe Basarab , ruler of Wallachia († 1521 )
- Wilhelm von Roggendorf , Austrian knight and chief steward († 1541 )
- Bastiano da Sangallo , Italian painter and architect († 1551 )
- Konrad Scheuber , Swiss governor, judge and hermit († 1559 )
- Benvenuto Tisi Garofalo , Italian painter († 1559 )
- Jakob Zili , Swiss businessman and politician († 1563 )
Date of death secured
- January 3 : Johannes von Dorsten , German theologian and Augustinian monk (* unknown)
- January 6 : Akhmat Khan , ruler of the Golden Horde
- February 22nd : Charles I. d'Amboise , French nobleman
- March 24th : Heinrich II. Von Stammer , Bishop of Naumburg
- May 3 : Mehmed II , Sultan of the Ottoman Empire (* 1432 )
- May 21 : Christian I , King of Denmark, Norway and Sweden and Duke of Schleswig and Holstein (* 1426 )
- August 28 : Alfonso V , twelfth king of Portugal from the house of Avis (* 1432 )
- September 3 : Amalie of Brandenburg , Countess Palatine and Duchess of Zweibrücken and Veldenz (* 1461 )
- September 21 : Bartolomeo Platina , Italian humanist and librarian (* 1421 )
- November 7th : Barbara von Brandenburg , Margravine of Mantua (* 1422 )
- November 17 : Martin Mair , Bavarian humanist and statesman (* 1420 )
- November 19 : Anne Mowbray, 8th Countess of Norfolk , English noblewoman (* 1472 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Gilbert Debenham , English knight (* around 1404 )
- Lekë Dukagjini , Albanian prince (* 1410 )
- Johannes von Köln , German master builder of the Gothic (* around 1410 )
- Luca della Robbia , Italian sculptor (* around 1400 )
- Sai Tia Kaphut , King of Lan Xang in Laos (* 1415 )