|coat of arms||Germany map|
Coordinates: 49 ° 48 ' N , 9 ° 49' E
|Administrative region :||Lower Franconia|
|Management Community :||Hettstadt|
|Height :||307 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||13.92 km 2|
|Residents:||3625 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||260 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||97265|
|Area code :||0931|
|License plate :||WÜ , OCH|
|Community key :||09 6 79 146|
|Community structure:||2 districts|
|Address of the
|Mayoress :||Andrea Rothenbucher ( CSU list )|
|Location of the municipality of Hettstadt in the Würzburg district|
Hettstadt is a municipality and a town in the Lower Franconian district of Würzburg and the seat of the administrative community Hettstadt (with the municipalities of Hettstadt and Greußenheim ).
Hettstadt is located in the Würzburg region on a high plateau on the left bank of the Main, almost at the same height as the Marienberg fortress .
There are two districts:
There is only the Hettstadt district .
The name Hettstadt consists of the personal name Hado and the Old High German word stat .
Earlier spellings of the place from various historical maps and documents:
Until the church is planted
The place was first mentioned in a sales contract from 1158, in 1170 it became the parish seat. As part of the Hochstift Würzburg ( Unterzell Abbey ), Hettstadt, which had been in the Franconian Empire since 1500 , was secularized in 1803 in favor of Bavaria, then in the Peace of Pressburg in 1805 left to Archduke Ferdinand of Tuscany to form the Grand Duchy of Würzburg, with which it finally fell to Bavaria in 1814 . In 1818 the political municipality was established.
19th and 20th centuries
As part of the German war took place at the Hett townspeople yards on 26 July 1866 as part of the Great battle of Roßbrunn the only cavalry charge of the main campaign instead, which succeeded the 6th Bamberger Chevaulegers Regiment and the 1st and 2nd Regiment of the Bavarian Cuirassiers to drive the Prussian cavalry to flight (see also "The German War 1866" by Theodor Fontane). By fighting between American and German armed forces on April 1, 1945 the place was destroyed to 80%.
A head office planned by the community of Universelles Leben in Hettstadt (“Bundgemeinde Neues Jerusalem”) was prevented by the community of Hettstadt.
- 1950: 1422 inhabitants
- 1961: 1532 inhabitants
- 1970: 1804 inhabitants
- 1987: 2235 inhabitants
- 1991: 2591 inhabitants
- 1995: 2848 inhabitants
- 2000: 3604 inhabitants
- 2005: 4050 inhabitants
- 2010: 3678 inhabitants
- 2015: 3642 inhabitants
The municipal council has 17 members including the mayor. In the local elections on March 15, 2020, 1,987 of the 2,969 residents in the municipality of Hettstadt exercised their right to vote, bringing the turnout to 66.92%.
In the local election on March 15, 2020 Andrea Rothenbucher (CSU / UBH) was re-elected with 88.17% of the vote. She has been in office since May 1, 2014.
coat of arms
|Blazon : “In red over three silver tips growing from the base of the shield, Pope Sixtus, seated and clad in silver, with a silver nimber and a golden pallium and a pointed miter, holding a silver sword in his right hand; in the left upper corner a grape with silver leaves and golden berries. "|
Since June 21, 1987 there has been a partnership with the municipality of Argences from France.
Since November 20, 2014, Hettstadt has been organized together with twelve other communities in the Alliance Waldsassengau . The association serves the intercommunal cooperation.
Economy and Infrastructure
Economy including agriculture and forestry
In 1998, according to official statistics, there were 47 in the manufacturing sector and 118 in trade and transport at the place of work. There were a total of 461 employees at the place of residence subject to social security contributions. There was one company in the manufacturing sector and three companies in the construction sector. In addition, there were a total of 68 farms in 1999 with an agricultural area of 723 hectares, of which 389 were arable land and 258 were permanent green areas.
The bus line 480 of the Verkehrsverbund Mainfranken connects the place with the city center of Würzburg, which can be reached by bus in about 20 minutes. One kilometer east of the town is the special airfield at Hettstadt Airfield for aircraft up to 2000 kg maximum take-off weight .
There are the following institutions (as of 2018):
- 2 day care centers with 171 places and 148 children
- Hans-Haffner-Sternwarte - observatory of the Friedrich-Koenig-Gymnasium , Würzburg and the Astronomical Institute of the University of Würzburg
Sons and daughters of the church
- Waldemar Zorn (1938–2008), politician, district administrator of the Würzburg district
- [www.hettstadt.de/ Kommunalverwaltung]
- Hettstadt: Official statistics of the LfStat (PDF; 1.05 MB)
- ↑ "Data 2" sheet, Statistical Report A1200C 202041 Population of the municipalities, districts and administrative districts 1st quarter 2020 (population based on the 2011 census) ( help ).
- ↑ Municipal Council. Hettstadt community, accessed on August 16, 2020 .
- ↑ bayerische-landesbibliothek-online.de
- ↑ a b Wolf-Armin von Reitzenstein : Lexicon of Franconian place names. Origin and meaning . Upper Franconia, Middle Franconia, Lower Franconia. CH Beck, Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-406-59131-0 , p. 102 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- ↑ sects: Deadly for the village. In: Der Spiegel. No. 11, (March 14) 1994l, p. 63.
- ^ Horst-Günter Wagner : The urban development of Würzburg 1814-2000. In: Ulrich Wagner (Hrsg.): History of the city of Würzburg. 4 volumes, Volume I-III / 2, Theiss, Stuttgart 2001-2007; III / 1–2: From the transition to Bavaria to the 21st century. 2007, ISBN 978-3-8062-1478-9 , pp. 396-426 and 1298-1302, here p. 425.
- ↑ City council election 2020
- ↑ City council election 2020
- ↑ Mayoral election 2020
- ^ Entry on the coat of arms of Hettstadt in the database of the House of Bavarian History , accessed on September 8, 2017 .
- ^ Alliance Waldsassengau in the west of Würzburg. Society. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on January 29, 2016 ; accessed on January 20, 2016 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.