|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Administrative region :||Lower Franconia|
|Height :||243 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||4.58 km 2|
|Residents:||6492 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||1416 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||97218|
|Area code :||0931|
|License plate :||WÜ , OCH|
|Community key :||09 6 79 136|
|Community structure:||2 districts|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Stefan Wolfshörndl ( SPD )|
|Location of the municipality of Gerbrunn in the district of Würzburg|
The capital Gerbrunn is located on the eastern outskirts of Würzburg , about four kilometers from the city center.
There are two parts of the municipality, Gerbrunn and Gieshügel .
The place name is derived from the composition of ahd. Gêr ( Ger, Speer, javelin, Keil, among others ), probably as part of a personal name as Gerwin (see,.. B. Gerabronn ), and ahd. Brunne (source) to the source ( "Gerwin's source", ahd. Geruuinesbrunnon ?), Where a fountain is still in operation in the old town near the town hall.
Gerbrunn was first mentioned in a document in 1107. As part of the high pin Würzburg , which the Franconian Circle belonged Gerbrunn was 1,803 in favor of Bavaria secularized , then in the Peace of Pressburg (1805) Archduke Ferdinand of Tuscany to form the Grand Duchy of Wurzburg left with which it finally at 1814 Bavaria fell back. In the course of the administrative reforms in Bavaria, today's municipality was created with the municipal edict of 1818 .
To the north of Gerbrunn is the Roman Bridge , which was built in the 18th century under Prince-Bishop Adam Friedrich von Seinsheim , but was abandoned after only one year due to its disrepair. It should have improved the road connection Frankfurt - Nuremberg - Vienna.
3490 of the inhabitants are Roman Catholic, 1596 Protestant and 1716 others
The local elections on March 2, 2008, March 16, 2014 and March 15, 2020 led to the following results:
|Party / list||CSU||SPD||FWG||GREEN|
Mayor is Stefan Wolfshörndl (SPD). He was the successor to Hans Lorke (Free Electoral Community) on May 1, 2002 and re-elected in 2008. In 2014 he was re-elected with 80.4% of the votes cast. In the local elections on March 15, 2020, he was re-elected with 84.01% of the vote.
coat of arms
|Blazon : “Split by a rising and curled blue tip, inside a silver fountain; at the top in front, square in red and silver, in the back at the top in red three ascending silver tips. "|
Justification of the coat of arms: The coat of arms of the municipality of Gerbrunn is divided into three fields by two arched lines: at the top left is the ancestral coat of arms of the Castell family , local lords from 1212 to 1625, at the top right is the Franconian rake , in the lower field a fountain is depicted on a blue background indicating the place name. The location at a wedge-shaped location is represented by the tapered central part.
The coat of arms was designed in 1956 by the Würzburg State Archives Councilor Walter Scherzer.
Community partnerships exist with
- Themar in Thuringia , Germany (since 1990)
- Mathieu , Cresserons , Cambes-en-Plaine and Périers-sur-le-Dan in the Calvados department in Normandy , France (since 1990)
- Černošice , Czech Republic (since 2001)
- Leśnica in Upper Silesia , Poland (since 2001)
- Molsheim in Alsace , France (since 2002)
In 2017, the municipal tax revenue amounted to 5,945,000 euros, of which 859,000 euros were trade tax receipts (net) and 4,326,000 euros were the municipality's share of income tax.
Development work on the Innerer Kirschberg III building area began in May 2016.
Economy and Infrastructure
In 2011, according to official statistics, there were 305 in the manufacturing sector and 247 in the trade and transport sector at the place of work. In other economic sectors, 194 people were employed at the place of work subject to social security contributions. There were 2159 employees at the place of residence subject to social security contributions. There was one in manufacturing and four in construction. In addition, there were six farms in 2010 with a total of 107 ha of agricultural land, 93 ha of which were arable land.
The soccer team of TSV Gerbrunn qualified as a Bayern cup finalist for the DFB Cup in the 2003/04 season . Against the second division side Wacker Burghausen , the ninth division lost its first round game 0:14 - just as much as the Bayern Cup final against the upper division TSV Aindling shortly before .
Sons and daughters of the church
- Michael Philipp (* 1982), cook
Personalities who have worked in the place
- Marquard Kruse von Sande († before 1267 ), knight, owned estates in Gerbrunn
- Gerhard Ritter (1915–2013), political scientist, lived in Gerbrunn
- Horst Kremling (1920–2013), urologist, gynecologist and university professor, lived in Gerbrunn
- Karlheinz Hoffmann (1925–2011), sculptor, designed the altar zone of the Evangelical Community Center in Gerbrunn
- Otto Schönberger (* 1926), classical philologist and didactic specialist, lives in the community
- Günter Walpuski (* 1937), adult educator, author and reserve officer, headed the local SPD association from 1971 to 1981
- Katherina Holzheuer (* 1941), librarian, has lived in Gerbrunn since 1972
- Dieter Perlowski (* 1950), writer and playwright, lives in Gerbrunn
- Waltraud Meier (* 1956), opera singer, lives in Gerbrunn
- Ralf Vollmuth (* 1963), dentist and medical historian, lived in Gerbrunn during his school days
- Kerstin Griese (* 1966), Parliamentary State Secretary at the Federal Minister for Labor and Social Affairs , grew up in Gerbrunn, among other places
- Annika Liebs (* 1979), swimmer, lives in Gerbrunn
- Thomas Lurz (* 1979), open water swimmer, lives in Gerbrunn
- Georg Palitza: Gerbrunn. Chronicle, homeland book . Münsterschwarzach 1991
- "Data 2" sheet, Statistical Report A1200C 202041 Population of the municipalities, districts and administrative districts 1st quarter 2020 (population based on the 2011 census) ( help ).
- Gerbrunn. In: Bayerische Landesbibliothek Online. Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, accessed on September 13, 2012 (the districts are listed on a subpage ).
- 2. Würzburg mark description from 779: for clearing the Gerwin ( Geruuinesrode ) .
- Gerbrunn.de: History .
- Populationon December 31, 2018. Bavarian State Office for Statistics, accessed on May 24, 2020 .
- Gerbrunn data facts denomination , accessed on February 20, 2020
- Municipal statistics 2011: Gerbrunn. (PDF; 1.3 MB) Elections. Bavarian State Office for Statistics and Data Processing, May 16, 2012, pp. 8, 9 , accessed on September 13, 2012 .
- for 2014: Institute for Municipal Data Processing in Bavaria (AKDB)
- council> Stefan Wolfshörndl. Gerbrunn municipality, accessed on July 18, 2020 .
- election 2020
- Entry on Gerbrunn's coat of arms in the database of the House of Bavarian History , accessed on September 8, 2017 .
- George Palitza: Gerbrunn. Chronicle, homeland book. P. 16.
- Initiative Group for European Town Twinning (IGEP) e. V.
- Website Gerbrunn