Matthias Opdenhövel completed his Abitur in 1990 at the Christian-Dietrich-Grabbe-Gymnasium in Detmold and then did his basic military service with the 7th Panzer Reconnaissance Battalion in Augustdorf . He then began studying business administration in Würzburg , but broke it off shortly afterwards and did an internship at the Lippische Rundschau . This was followed by an internship at Radio Lippe . He then moved to VIVA , where he worked, among other things, in the editorial department, as a moderator, in live reports, in interviews and in the production of articles. From 1994 to 1997 Opdenhövel was a permanent editor at VIVA.
Together with Aleksandra Bechtel , he hosted the program Please smile on RTL II from 1997 to 1998 , and from 1998 to 2003 with Barbara Schöneberger the Sunday breakfast television Weck Up on Sat.1 . At VOX , he also conducted the quiz Do you have tones? From 1999 to 2001 . where songs had to be guessed. From 2003 to 2004 he hosted the daily quiz show on Sat.1, which later ran as a repeat on 9Live .
From summer 2006 to summer 2007, Opdenhövel hosted the Pay-TV Arena , which in summer 2007 sublicensed the Bundesliga rights to Premiere . In the 2007/08 UEFA Cup season , Opdenhövel acted as a field reporter at the UEFA Cup home games from the first round to the round of 16 at Bayern Munich . In 2007, the McFit Masters of Legends tournament hosted . These sporting events could all be seen on ProSieben . From 2003 to 2006 he was the stadium announcer at Borussia Mönchengladbach .
From 2006 to 2011 he hosted the ProSieben show Schlag den Raab , which was awarded the German Television Prize in 2007 in the category “Best entertainment program / best entertainment moderation”. He also acted as a presenter for the Wok World Cup and TV total tower diving . In 2009 he hosted the game show WipeOut with Werner Hansch and Charlotte Engelhardt . .
In 2010, due to the cooperation between ARD and ProSieben and Sabine Heinrich , he moderated the German preliminary decision for the Eurovision Song Contest , our star for Oslo , organized by Stefan Raab . The two also moderated the Echo award ceremony in the same year. On the evening of the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 , the duo also moderated the preliminary reporting in the first and then the Grand Prix party and the following day the arrival of the winner Lena . Also in 2011 the two moderated the ESC preliminary decision, Our Song for Germany and in the context of the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 he moderated various programs for Das Erste and ProSieben, for example Eurovision total as a special edition of TV total .
In the football Bundesliga seasons 2009/10 and 2010/11 Opdenhövel was the presenter for the channel LIGA total! in front of the camera. In 2010 he also took over the Sport1 broadcast LIGA total! Matchday analysis . In the fifth season of the series Pastewka he had a guest appearance in the episode Das Gewitter . In July 2011 he left the ProSiebenSat.1 Group to become the moderator of the ARD sports show.
Since the 2011/12 season, he has also been a moderator for the ski jumping broadcasts on ARD. ARD also used Opdenhövel as a moderator and reporter in the German camp at the 2012 European Football Championship in Poland and the Ukraine.
In 2012/2013 he also presented the ARD entertainment program Opdenhövel's Countdown . In the summer of 2013 he presented the show series Alles auf einer Lid for the first time on WDR television . At the 2014 World Cup in Brazil , he formed the ARD moderation duo with Mehmet Scholl . In 2016 he was on the road again for ARD and reported again with Mehmet Scholl from the EM 2016 from France live from the stadiums. Since January 2018 Opdenhövel has hosted the game show Big Bounce - The Trampoline Show on RTL , and since June 2019 the music program The Masked Singer on ProSieben. In December 2019, he appeared on the game show Did you know? on.
Matthias Opdenhövel is married, has two sons and lives with his family in Cologne . He volunteers for the German bone marrow donor database . In 2012 he advertised nationwide on posters for the DKMS campaign against leukemia for the stem cell donation .
- since 2011: Sportschau , Das Erste
- since 2011: Sportschau live: Football , Das Erste
- since 2011: Sportschau live: Ski jumping , Das Erste
- since 2013: Sports show before eight , Das Erste
- since 2019: The Masked Singer , ProSieben
- since 2019: The live show at your home , ProSieben (together with Steven Gätjen )
Former / Unique
- 1993–1997: various programs on VIVA
- 1997–1998: Smile please, RTL II
- 1999: Eins Live TV, WDR TV
- 1999–2001: Do you have sounds? , VOX
- 2003–2004: The Quiz Show , Sat.1
- 2005: TV total federal election , ProSieben
- 2006: The great ox race, ProSieben
- 2006–2007: 1st Bundesliga, arena
- 2006–2011: Schlag den Raab , ProSieben
- 2006–2011: The TV total Wok World Cup , ProSieben
- 2006–2011: TV total diving , ProSieben
- 2008: The TV total Autoball European Championship 2008
- 2009: Wipe out - don't cry, run! , ProSieben
- 2009: TV total federal election , ProSieben
- 2009: The big tilt-roll-fall spectacle, ProSieben
- 2009–2011: 1st Bundesliga, LIGA total!
- 2010: Beat the Star , ProSieben
- 2010: TV total Stock Car Crash Challenge , ProSieben
- 2010: The TV total Autoball World Championship 2010, ProSieben
- 2010: Our star for Oslo , Das Erste / ProSieben
- 2010: Echo Award , Das Erste
- 2010–2011: Matchday analysis, sport1
- 2011: Our song for Germany , Das Erste / ProSieben
- 2011: Eurovision Total , ProSieben
- 2011: The Happiness Day Show, The Fourth
- 2012: Bread and Games, The First
- 2012: European Football Championship 2012 - Live presenter and reporter in the quarter of the German national team, Das Erste
- 2012; 2016; 2018: Sportschau Club , Das Erste
- 2012: US Election 2012 - The election party in the First, The First
- 2012–2013: Opdenhövel's Countdown , Das Erste
- 2013: Star Biathlon, The First
- 2013: Nordic World Ski Championships 2013 - Ski Jumping , The First
- 2013: Everything in one place, WDR television
- 2013: The Incredible Heroes Show, The First
- 2014: Star Biathlon, The First
- 2014: Olympic Winter Games 2014 - Ski jumping and interviews in the German House, Das Erste
- 2014: Football World Cup 2014 - Live presenter with Mehmet Scholl , Das Erste
- 2014: 24 hour quiz, WDR television
- 2015: U-21 European Football Championship 2015 , the first
- 2015: I like it! - The totally networked show, WDR television
- 2016: European Football Championship 2016 - Live presenter with Mehmet Scholl, Das Erste
- 2016: US Election 2016 - Election Night on the First, The First
- 2016–2017: Guess how old I am , Das Erste
- 2018: Football World Cup 2018 , Das Erste - Live presenter with Thomas Hitzlsperger , Stefan Kuntz and Hannes Wolf
- 2018–2019: Big Bounce - The Trampoline Show , RTL
- The Quickfucker Shoes and Other Stories; Experiences of a VIVA moderator . vgs-Verlag, 1998, ISBN 3-8025-2619-8 .
- with Steffi Hugendubel-Doll: flip flops, iPod, currywurst: who invented it? . cbj-Verlag, 2012, ISBN 3-570-13621-3 .
- with Mariam Younossi: Pilates for men: "All just no pill pill." Muscle building, stability, prevention . Knaur Balance, 2018, ISBN 3-8025-2619-8 .
- 2007: German television award in the category of best entertainment entertainment for Schlag den Raab
- 2008: Golden Camera in the Best Entertainment category for Schlag den Raab
- 2010: glasses wearer of the year
- 2010: German TV Award in the Best Entertainment category for Our Star for Oslo
- 2012: German television award in the category of best sports broadcast for the match analysis of the European Football Championship 2012 (together with Mehmet Scholl )
- 2015: German Sports Journalist Award in the Best German Sports Presenter category
- Matthias Opdenhövel in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Literature by and about Matthias Opdenhövel in the catalog of the German National Library
- Website by Matthias Opdenhövel
- Biography (Agency Crossover)
- Interview at DWDL.de
- Thorsten Otto: Matthias Opdenhövel at Mensch, Otto. Archived from the original on June 5, 2016 ; Retrieved June 5, 2016 .
- 2010: “Our Star for Oslo” on eurovision.de
- Echo: Matthias Obdenhövel replaces Oliver Pocher on dwdl.de
- The first three songs for Lena “Our Song for Germany” on eurovision.de
- The "Sportschau" calls: Opdenhövel switches to ARD on DWDL.de , May 17, 2011.
- Marco Ries: ARD: Matthias Opdenhövel new moderator for ski jumping on skijumping.de.
- Matthias Opdenhövel and Thomas Schaaf advertise the DKMS on healthcaremarketing.eu
- addition to “Sportschau” - Matthias Opdenhövel changes to ARD , Spiegel Online
- Ski jumping: Opdenhövel follows Homburg as moderator , digitalfernsehen.de
- 3 minutes long: The first starts “Sportschau vor Acht” ,quotemeter.de
- The Masked Singer. May 20, 2019, accessed June 30, 2019 .
- The ARD rescuer from the VIVA sandpit , express.de
- "Please smile" at fernsehserien.de
- Opdenhövel's brilliant [sic! Tones] ,quotemeter.de
- "The Quiz Show" at fernsehserien.de
- TV total federal election , wunschliste.de
- The big ProSieben ox race , presseportal.de
- Arena expands Bundesliga team , abendblatt.de
- From “Schlag den Raab” to ARD - Matthias Opdenhövel will host the “Sportschau” , Augsburger Allgemeine
- WOK WM 2006 Innsbruck , mile108.com
- "TV total high diving": Fabian Hambüchen takes full risk , presseportal.de
- Pro7 press release on the 2008 European Autoball Championship
- Wipe Out - Don't cry, run! - Bodily Injury TV , Focus Online
- Left and Liberals win at Raab , stern.de
- Boredom at ProSieben - the great tilt-roll-fall-yawn spectacle , rp-online.de
- Welke and Opdenhövel at “Liga total!” , Meedia.de
- Opdenhövel takes over Schlag the star from Raab , DWDL.de
- TV total Stock Car Crash Challenge 2010 - the participants , quotenblogger.de
- Autoball World Cup becomes a hit ,quotemeter.de
- "Our star for Oslo: The ESC preliminary decision 2010 in Cologne"
- Heinrich / Opdenhövel moderate Echo 2010 , wunschliste.de
- Back again: The matchday analysis, Sport1.de
- The moderator duo Heinrich and Opdenhövel , eurovision.de
- "Eurovision Total": Late Night Light ,quotemeter.de
- SKL-Millionenshow - world record hunt on the day of happiness , Presseportal.de
- "Bread and Games" for Matthias Opdenhövel , Focus Online
- ARD star Delling departed from EM , Bild.de
- Opdenhövel, Delling, Beckmann - "Waldis Club" close up - ARD trio takes over , Spiegel Online
- Matthias Opdenhövel becomes ARD-Wahlmann , T-Online.de
- "Opdenhövels Countdown" - New primetime show in the First ( Memento from May 6, 2012 in the Internet Archive ), stadtmorgen.de
- Opdenhövel moderates "Star-Biathlon 2013" ,quotemeter.de
- Nordic World Ski Championships 2013 - Das Erste will broadcast from February 27 , Presseportal.de
- "Everything on one lid - The summer quiz" , presseportal.de
- "Dalli Dalli" is now called "That's great!" , Hannoversche Allgemeine
- Probably the craziest TV quiz: WDR 24-hour rate marathon with Opdenhövel. Meedia , July 21, 2014, accessed July 26, 2014 .
- «I like it!»: Opdenhövel gets a new show. In : quotemeter.de . Quotemeter.de , July 2, 2015, accessed on July 15, 2015 .
- Der Augenoptiker, issue 11/2010, p. 20.
- Matthias Opdenhövel honored as best sports presenter / Dieter Adler honored for life's work. WDR, October 5, 2015, accessed October 5, 2015 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Opdenhövel, Matthias Augustinus Wilhelm Georg (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German television presenter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 25, 1970|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Detmold , Germany|