|Program type||Specialized program ( sport )|
|reception||Digital: DVB-T2 , DVB-C , DVB-S , DVB-S2 , IPTV|
576i ( SDTV )
1080i ( HDTV ) (Sport1 HD)
|Start of transmission||January 1, 1993
(as German sports television DSF)
|Seat||Ismaning , Germany|
|owner||Sport1 Medien AG|
|executive Director||Olaf G. Schröder|
|Market share||0.9% (2016)|
|List of TV channels|
Sport1 (own spelling: sport1 , until July 18, 2013: SPORT1 ) is a German television broadcaster and internet portal of Sport1 Medien AG . It was created on April 11, 2010 with the merger of German sports television (DSF) and sport1.de .
Sport1 broadcasts sports, documentaries, teleshopping , erotic programs and call-in competitions all day without interruption . The station is based in Ismaning near Munich .
The DSF emerged on January 1, 1993 from the station Tele 5 , which in turn was formed on January 11, 1988 from the music video channel musicbox . In 1999 DSF had a reach of 28.9 million households in Germany and a market share of 1.9 percent with its partner Taurus TV GmbH (100%), a subsidiary of KirchMedia GmbH & Co. KG . The gross advertising turnover in 1999 was around 351 million DM .
In February 2005, all shares held by KarstadtQuelle AG and the Swiss sports investor Hans-Dieter Cleven were taken over by EM.TV AG (renamed EM.Sport Media AG in 2007, and Constantin Medien AG in April 2009) from Ismaning , which has been the sole owner since then. The managing director is Olaf G. Schröder.
The media law approval for German sports television was extended by a further eight years on March 22, 2007 by a resolution of the media council of the Bavarian State Agency for New Media .
As part of a conceptual revision, German sports television was renamed Sport1 - Das Sport Fernsehen (with spaces in the compound ; spelling SPORT1 - DAS SPORT FERNSEHEN ) on April 11, 2010 and merged with the online portal sport1.de . At this point in time, new programs were integrated into the program and the start of the broadcast of the controversial erotic quiz formats was postponed from 11:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. Nevertheless, the sport share remained below 50 percent.
Sport1 has also been available as a simulcast version in HD since September 2010 . This station can be received in Germany on the IPTV offers T-Home Entertain and Vodafone TV, via the Astra HD + platform , in the portfolio of Vodafone Kabel Deutschland , Unitymedia and in a paid package also from KabelBW . After initial difficulties, Sport1 was only able to broadcast material in native HD on August 24, 2011. In addition to high-definition sports broadcasts, programs such as Bundesliga aktuell or Die PS-Profis are also broadcast in HD. Sport1 HD is broadcast via satellite in 1920 × 1080 pixels.
At the end of 2012 it became known that Sport 1 was suffering from increasing losses in the audience ratio. This was also attributed to the low proportion of sports in the program, which was less than 50 percent.
After already in April 2013 with the René Schwuchow show , a sex - talk show with porn actresses had been introduced, the extra program away from the sport, has been accompanied by a new logo in July 2013 with Fantausch a docu-soap was added, bringing the return to Formats that are only distantly related to sport has been expanded. To date, however, no changes have been made to the existing broadcast formats; this should be done in 2014 with an increase in the proportion of sports to 50 percent. In addition, the sports radio sport1.FM , which also uses the newly introduced logo, started on July 19, 2013 .
For the seasons from 2015 to 2018, Sport 1 GmbH secured the rights for the UEFA Europa League , which had previously been transferred to Kabel1 . One game per round will be broadcast live from 9:00 p.m. and the games not shown on the previous broadcast date at 7:00 p.m. will be reported and analyzed live. The biggest success in ratings was the Europa League game between Dortmund and Liverpool in 2016, with 19.1% (market share) watching.
For the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 , ARD and ZDF acquired the rights to broadcast three preliminary round matches.
When it started broadcasting on January 1, 1993, DSF initially broadcast a large number of programs without any sporting reference whatsoever, particularly quiz and erotic formats. So were z. For example , the game show Hopp or Top previously broadcast on Tele 5 on weekdays, the one-hour Telebörse format at 1 p.m. and entertainment shows such as Please smile , Suitcase Hoffer and Sunday pranks on the weekends . While new episodes of Please smile were produced, DSF only showed old editions of the other programs. The documentary film series Wildlife was also broadcast in the weekend program. The news program 5 vor was broadcast daily , which not only focused on sporting content, but was a classic news program with news and weather . The program was broadcast up to five times a day between 11:55 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. In the evening program, the weekday talk show Offensiv with a wide range of topics on the subject of sports was broadcast at 8:00 p.m. At noon, after the news at 12:00 p.m., the magazine Alles ok could be found. There were tips on travel, fashion and beauty. In addition, the lifestyle format - fashion, glamor, celebrities was on the sports channel's program once a week at around 11 p.m. In the early days, the program was rounded off with feature films such as Le Mans and When America Came to the Olympics , which, however, were thematically related to sport.
From spring to summer 1993, the programs without any sporting reference were gradually taken out of the program or moved to unpopular broadcasting slots. The reason why the DSF took these programs out of the program was not the quotas, but rather the incompatibility of this program content with a sports program. The Telebörse remained on DSF until the end of 1993, the documentary series Wildlife was even on air in 1995. However, quiz and erotic formats continued to be broadcast in the following years. The only program without any sporting reference that was already seen on the previous program Tele 5 and has since been broadcast continuously on DSF and Sport 1 is the magazine by disabled people for disabled people: Normal .
Critics complained that call-in shows, non-sports documentary soaps such as Yukon Gold and Storage Wars , advertising and the sexy sports clips took up most of the airtime. The broadcaster finds it so difficult to live up to its claim as a sports television network. The broadcaster, on the other hand, points to the possibility of financing the increasingly expensive sports rights, although the main competitor Eurosport can do without these formats. The magazines that are broadcast often have little or no relation to sport. To stop this development, the proportion of live sports in the 2007 program was increased. As a result, however, more and more non-sports programs were recorded again. Days without a single sports program do happen.
The poker broadcasts are viewed critically by the Bavarian state center for new media with regard to the protection of minors , as they have an incentive effect for games of chance . In the past, the supervisory authority also objected to the erotic and call-in programs.
On October 1, 2010, the digital-terrestrial shutdown of Sport1 for the greater Berlin area caused displeasure among numerous TV viewers, as it was unannounced and, surprisingly, the viewers could not see the live broadcast of a second division football match by Hertha BSC via DVB-T . The station is also in other federal states such as B. North Rhine-Westphalia cannot be received via DVB-T. In a tender by the Lower Saxony State Media Authority, Sport1 prevailed against sixx as the successor to Anixe SD on the Privat-4-Mux in the Hanover-Braunschweig region and has been broadcast via aerial television for the first time in over five years since the beginning of October 2015.
Current and former moderators and commentators
- Stephan Baeck
- Dennis Baier
- Sascha Bandermann
- Patrick Bernecker
- Sebastian Bernsdorff
- Hannes Biechteler
- Rudi Brückner
- Stephanie Brungs
- Franz Büchner
- Frank Buschmann
- Jörg Dahlmann
- Eric Engesser
- Oliver Forster
- Carsten Fuß
- Daniela foot
- Alena Fritz
- Markus Götz
- Andreas Groebl
- Klaus Gronewald
- Ralf Heincke
- Thomas Helmer
- Jan Henkel
- Thomas Herrmann
- Marc Hindelang
- Alex Hofmann
- Ruth Hofmann
- Markus Höhner
- Andrea Kaiser
- Torsten Knippertz
- Raul Krauthausen
- Michael Körner
- Peter Kohl
- Dieter Könnes
- Matthias Killing
- Jens Knossalla
- Anna Kraft
- Katharina Kuhlmann
- Hansi Küpper
- Marius Lauer
- Jan Lüdeke
- Edgar Mielke
- Uwe Morawe
- Elmar Paulke
- Karsten Petrzika
- Uli Pingel
- Jan Platte
- Martin Quast
- Wolfgang Rother
- Anett Sattler
- Julia Scharf
- Nele Schenker
- Barbara Schöneberger
- Basti Schwele
- Oliver Schwesinger
- Dirc sailor
- Uwe Semrau
- Patrick Simon
- Jochen Stutzky
- Thomas Wagner
- Phylicia Whitney
- Sarah Valentina Winkhaus
- Manfred Winter
- Katja Wölffing
- Hans-Joachim Wolff
- Jörg Wontorra
- Laura Wontorra
- Günter Zapf
- Giovanni Zarrella
- Walter Zipser
- Basketball: Ademola Okulaja , Stephan Baeck , Pascal Roller
- Beach volleyball: Jörg Ahmann
- Darts: Tomas Seyler
- Ice hockey: Erich Goldmann
- Soccer: Mario Basler , Reinhold Beckmann , Stefan Effenberg , Peter Neururer , Marcel Reif
- Handball: Stefan Kretzschmar , Bob Hanning , Daniel Stephan
- Motorsport: Armin Schwarz
- Tennis: Carl-Uwe Steeb
sport1.de is a sports and boulevard portal in Germany. In addition to reports and news, it presents live streams, videos, columns, surveys and the program overview from Sport1. The live ticker is also used by other websites.
In mid-March 2010 the web series Jabhook started , which deals with the lives of two fictional boxing promoters named Highroller and Tank. The main roles are played by the actors Daniel Wiemer and Raphael Rubino . The series was written and directed by Christopher Becker and Daniel Rakete Siegel .
Since the 2010/11 Bundesliga , a virtual Bundesliga manager has been able to buy players and set up his starting line-up. The players are rated based on their performance, with which the manager collects points. The rating system also influences the players' market value. Participation is free of charge, but additional options are activated through a fee (including more money for transfers). The player with the most points at the end of the season has won. You can take part in free groups or create a group for yourself and your friends.
In cooperation with the wrestling organization TNA , Sport1 offers, in addition to broadcasting the TV show Impact Wrestling on the website, a video-on-demand offer with highlights and live events. The three major events "TNA Lockdown", "TNA Slammiversary" and "TNA Bound for Glory" will be available there in 2013 as live streams .
The Pay TV transmitter eSports1 ended on 24 January 2019 at 20 o'clock on air the station is his own words the first. 7.24 - e-sports transmitter. The pay TV channel will initially be distributed on the platforms of Vodafone Germany , Deutsche Telekom , Unitymedia , 1 & 1 , Magenta Telekom , A1 Telekom , UPC Switzerland and Zattoo . In addition, the content of eSports1 will also be available on its own eSports app.
Sport1 offers several mobile phone applications in which you can see the results of various sporting events at a glance and activate a goal alarm.
Sport1 + and Sport1 + HD
Sport1 + is a pay TV channel from Sport1 Medien AG. It is the sister station of Sport1 and can be received in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The station started on October 4, 2010 in both an SD and an HD version. Among other things, 85 additional games of the handball Bundesliga , more football games live ( Ligue 1 , Jupiler Pro League , Sky Bet Championship , Copa Libertadores , Copa Sudamericana ), the basketball Bundesliga live, tennis on the ATP tour ( Erste Bank Open ) will be shown. and the WTA Tour ( WTA Cincinnati ), motorsport (including FIM Speedway , the ADAC Masters Weekend races without commercial breaks, the Porsche Supercup races ) and the ice hockey world championship . The MLB and the NHL , to which Sport1 US acquired rights beyond 2018, have been shown on Sport1 + since January 24, 2019. The range of sports is to be expanded and all Sport1 rights are to be optimally used (e.g. if Sport1 cannot completely show sports broadcasts).
Sport1 US and Sport1 US HD
Sport1 US was a Constantin Medien AG pay-TV broadcaster . It was the sister station of Sport1 and Sport1 + . It started broadcasting on August 1, 2013. In addition to NFL , NBA , NHL and MLB , NCAA college football and college basketball as well as the IndyCar series were shown . The HD version was broadcast exclusively via Sky at the start of the broadcast , but was meanwhile also available via other providers. The channel was replaced by eSports1 (HD and SD) on January 24, 2019 .
Former pay-TV versions
From 1997 to 1999 there were three branches of the station: DSF ACTION, DSF GOLF and DSF PLUS. These could be seen on DF1's pay-TV program.
- DSF ACTION dealt with the world of wrestling
- DSF GOLF dealt with the sport of golf
- DSF PLUS dealt with popular sports such as motor sports including Formula 1, international football, tennis, boxing, cycling, ice hockey, American football and much more.
- Official website of sport1
- DWDL.de - Kai Blasberg writes: My DSF: The story of a great love - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
- DWDL.de - DSF becomes Sport1: The relaunch of the sports channel
- Constantin Medien Group launches new pay TV channel SPORT1 + as part of its multimedia strategy
- ↑ Audience shares 2016 in percent ( Memento from August 11, 2017 in the Internet Archive ; PDF)
- ↑ Surprise: Sport1 shows films and the Ludolfs , DWDL.de , July 26, 2012.
- ↑ Löw presents the World Cup team: Sport1 shows teleshopping , DWDL.de, May 6, 2010.
- ↑ a b Weaker than ever: Sport1 in the quota crisis , meedia.de , November 27, 2012.
- ↑ Right in the middle of it ( memento from June 8, 2017 in the Internet Archive ), news.de , April 12, 2010.
- ↑ Sport, Sex and Sawing: Ten Years of DSF , faz.net , January 10, 2003.
- ↑ Sport1 opens a "Luder-WG" ( Memento from September 2, 2014 in the Internet Archive ), msn.com , September 3, 2013.
- ↑ Sex-Talk at Sport1, Pocher blasphemes about Sportstudio , DWDL.de, February 25, 2013.
- ↑ Sport1 GmbH: Imprint. sport1.de, accessed on July 30, 2019 .
- ↑ Lückerath, Thomas: DSF becomes Sport1: New program planned , DWDL.de, November 10, 2009, accessed on March 13, 2012.
- ↑ As of April 11, 2010, the TV broadcaster DSF and the online portal Sport1 will present themselves under the new multimedia umbrella brand SPORT1 , constantin-medien.de, 2010, accessed on March 13, 2012.
- ↑ Thomas Lückerath, Jochen Voß: The starting gun will be fired on April 11: DSF becomes Sport1 , DWDL.de, February 2, 2010, accessed on March 13, 2012.
- ↑ a b c Sport1 relies on digital radio , focus.de , July 3, 2013.
- ↑ Constantin Medien Group completes restructuring of sports segment and starts SPORT1 in HD quality , constantin-medien.de, 2010, accessed on March 13, 2012.
- ↑ Sport1-HD will be fed into Unitymedia from November 16 ( memento from September 10, 2011 in the Internet Archive ), satundkabel.de, accessed on March 13, 2012.
- ↑ Sport1 starts new "treadmill quiz" the evening before , DWDL.de, February 20, 2013.
- ↑ Sport1 with a new logo, a new talk and "Fantausch" , DWDL.de, July 3, 2013.
- ↑ Sport1.fm via DAB Plus - All information about the new sports channel , digitalfernsehen.de, July 3, 2013.
- ↑ Jens Schröder: 5.68 million: Sport1 brings with Dortmund-Liverpool a new all-time audience record and wins the day. meedia.de, April 8, 2016, accessed on March 19, 2017 .
- ↑ Sport 1 - Which games does the station show? confed-cup.de, accessed on May 16, 2017 .
- ↑ TV Movie. 26/1992 and 3/1993.
- ↑ jaydio-presse.de ( page no longer available )
- ↑ TV feature film. Edition 19/1996
- ↑ Uwe Mantel: DSF allegedly with fewer call-in broadcasts , DWDL.de, February 13, 2007, accessed on March 13, 2012.
- ↑ Annual Report 2006 ( Memento of 27 September 2007 at the Internet Archive ), blm.de
- ↑ Disappointed DVB-T viewers in Berlin - Sport1 switched off ( memento from August 10, 2011 in the Internet Archive ), satundkabel.de, October 5, 2010.
- ↑ Jabhook (Internet series). crew-united.com , accessed March 13, 2012 .
- ↑ JABHOOK News Special: Scheffsache ( Memento from March 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive ), sport1.de, August 5, 2010, accessed on September 19, 2015.
- ↑ SPORT1 - Bundesliga manager ( Memento from June 28, 2017 in the Internet Archive ), bundesligamanager.sport1.de, accessed on March 13, 2012.
- ↑ Hulk Hogan presents pure wrestling action with Sting, Jeff Hardy & Co .: TNA Wrestling from March on SPORT1 and SPORT1.de ( Memento from October 15, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) (PDF; 82 kB).
- ↑ eSPORTS1 is now on air , sport1.de, January 25, 2019.
- ↑ SPORT1 Apps , sport1.de, accessed on March 13, 2012.
- ↑ SPORT1 starts new US channel , sport1.de, accessed on July 30, 2013.
- ↑ At the start only with Sky in HD: Sport1 starts pay-TV channel for US sports , kress.de , July 30, 2013.
- ↑ DSF ACTION ( memento of February 2, 2011 in the Internet Archive ), medienhb.de, accessed on March 13, 2012.
- ↑ DSF GOLF ( memento of February 2, 2011 in the Internet Archive ), medienhb.de, accessed on March 13, 2012.
- ↑ DSF PLUS ( memento of February 2, 2011 in the Internet Archive ), medienhb.de, accessed on March 13, 2012.