|Table of Contents:|
Thursday 1st October 2020
- Stadtallendorf / Germany : Accompanied by a massive police presence, the tree felling work for the further construction of the A49 has started in Herrenwald .
- Frankfurt am Main / Germany : The co-defendant Markus H. in the Lübcke trial has been released from custody.
Friday 2nd October 2020
Saturday 3rd October 2020
Sunday 4th October 2020
- Nouméa / New Caledonia : In the independence referendum , the majority votes for the status quo.
- Vatican City : The Vatican publishes the social encyclical Fratelli tutti written by Pope Francis .
- Vienna / Austria : At ORF III is awarded the Nestroy Theater Prize 2020 transmitted. The Lifetime Achievement Prize goes to Christoph Marthaler and the Elfriede Jelinek Author Prize for Schwarzwasser . The best actors are Caroline Peters and Franz Paetzold awarded in the category of Best Young are Bérénice Hebenstreit and Mathias Spaan honored.
Monday 5th October 2020
- Stockholm / Sweden : Scientists Harvey J. Alter , Michael Houghton and Charles M. Rice are awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for their discovery of the hepatitis C virus .
Tuesday 6th October 2020
- Stockholm / Sweden : For her research on black holes is Roger Penrose , Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez of the Nobel Prize in Physics awarded.
Wednesday 7th October 2020
- Athens / Greece : In a judgment against the party “ Golden Dawn ”, party leader Nikos Michaloliakos and seven former MPs were found guilty of various charges, including murder. The party was also classified as a criminal organization. After the verdict was announced, there were riots between the police and autonomous groups.
- Brussels / Belgium : With 345 to 295 votes, the members of the EU Parliament rejected the Mercosur Agreement for the time being.
- Stockholm / Sweden : The Nobel Prize for Chemistry goes to French Emmanuelle Charpentier and American Jennifer Doudna .
- Washington DC / United States : Donald Trump announced an extraordinary permit to use experimental agents against Covid-19 . In addition, treatment with these agents should be free. Trump himself, according to his own statements, was successfully treated with this agent.
- Washington DC: / United States: Donald Trump announced that he would withdraw all soldiers from Afghanistan by Christmas .
Thursday 8th October 2020
- Stockholm / Sweden : The US-American Louise Glück will be awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature this year .
- Radolfzell am Bodensee / Baden-Württemberg : The municipality of Mals was awarded the EuroNatur Prize 2020 for its fight against pesticides .
Friday 9th October 2020
- Oslo / Norway : The United Nations World Food Program is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Berlin / Germany : The eviction of the house in Liebigstrasse 34 led to massive riots. In the neighboring Steinstrasse, window panes were deliberately destroyed and cars set on fire.
- Prague / Czech Republic : runoff election to the Senate (October 9 and 10).
Saturday 10th October 2020
Sunday 11th October 2020
Monday October 12, 2020
- Stockholm / Sweden : The Alfred Nobel Memorial Prize for Economics is awarded to Paul Milgrom and Robert B. Wilson .
- The research vessel Polarstern returns from the MOSAiC expedition from the Arctic .
- The writer Anne Weber receives the German Book Prize for her novel Annette, a heroine epic about Anne Beaumanoir .
Tuesday October 13, 2020
Wednesday October 14, 2020
- Germany : Walking In their autumn report, leading economic research institutes from a collapse in economic output of 5.4 percent.
Thursday October 15, 2020
Friday October 16, 2020
Saturday 17th October 2020
Sunday October 18, 2020
- Frankfurt am Main / Germany : awarded the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade in the Indian economist Amartya Sen . Actor Burghart Klaußner read the laudation from Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier , who had gone into a voluntary corona quarantine. The award winner was connected from the United States .
- Bolivia : Presidential election and parliamentary elections for the upper and lower houses of the Plurinational Legislative Assembly
- Guinea : presidential election
- Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus : The previous Prime Minister Ersin Tatar wins the runoff of the presidential election
Monday 19th October 2020
Tuesday 20th October 2020
Wednesday October 21, 2020
Thursday October 22, 2020
Friday 23 October 2020
Saturday 24th October 2020
Sunday 25th October 2020
Monday 26th October 2020
Tuesday October 27, 2020
Wednesday October 28, 2020
Thursday October 29, 2020
Friday October 30th 2020
Saturday 31st October 2020
- Berlin / Brandenburg : Estimated opening date of Berlin Brandenburg Airport .
- Ivory Coast : presidential election
- Nekrolog October 2020 for deaths this month
- List of annually recurring commemorative and action days in October
- Category for commemorative days, holidays or action days in October
- FAZ : Clearance work interrupted after a short time from October 1, 2020, accessed on October 1, 2020
- Marlene Grunert: Markus H. is released from custody In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung from October 1, 2020, accessed on October 1, 2020
- Post on Twitter
- Full text of the encyclical (official German translation)
- Nestroy Awards: Awards for Marthaler and Jelinek. In: ORF.at . September 15, 2020, accessed September 15, 2020 .
- TV show instead of gala: Nestroy for Peters and Pätzold. In: ORF.at . October 4, 2020, accessed October 4, 2020 .
- Georg Leyrer: The winners of the NESTROY prizes: performance show, this time on TV. In: Kurier.at . October 4, 2020, accessed October 4, 2020 .
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2020 . In: nobelprize.org, October 5, 2020.
- The Nobel Prize in Physics 2020 . In: nobelprize.org, October 6, 2020.
- tagesschau.de: "Golden Dawn": Criminal organization instead of party. Retrieved October 8, 2020 .
- tagesschau.de: Mercosur agreement after rejection of the EU parliament before the end. Retrieved October 8, 2020 .
- DER SPIEGEL: Trump calls the illness “God's blessing” - and promises free treatments. In: Der Spiegel (online) . Retrieved October 8, 2020 .
- Withdrawal of all soldiers from Afghanistan by Christmas. In: Zeit.de . October 8, 2020, accessed October 8, 2020 .
- The Nobel Peace Prize 2020 . In: nobelprize.org, October 9, 2020.
- Welt.de: Twelve burning cars, broken window panes, scuffles from October 10, 2020
- clh / Reuters: Autumn report on the German economy Strong slump, slow recovery In: Spiegel Online from October 14, 2020, accessed on October 14, 2020