Calendar overview 1141
Battle of Lincoln, the English King Stephen is
captured by his opponent Matilda .
|1141 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||589/590 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1684/85 (southern Buddhism); 1683/84 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||63rd (64th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||503/504 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||519/520 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||535/536 (August 5-6)|
|Jewish calendar||4901/02 (September 3-4)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1451/52 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1452/53 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1197/98 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Kingdom of England / Normandy
- Beginning of the year: Ranulf de Gernon , Earl of Chester, and his stepbrother William de Roumare , Earl of Lincoln, briefly conquer Lincoln Castle , but are driven out again by Stephen's troops there.
- February 2 : In the English Civil War to succeed King Henry I , the first Battle of Lincoln takes place. King Stephen is captured by Heinrich's daughter Matilda during the battle of his army .
- April 7th : A synod in Winchester recognizes Matilda as mistress of England and Normandy .
- June 20 : Matilda moves into London , but soon makes herself unpopular with the population due to high taxes.
- When Mathilda von Boulogne , Stephen's wife, and Wilhelm von Ypres , commander of Flemish mercenaries, appear with a large army in front of the metropolis, numerous Londoners attack the palace in which the Empress resides, so that they flee and themselves on June 24th must hurry back to Oxford with her confidante .
- August / September: In the Battle of Winchester , Matilda is defeated by Mathilda of Boulogne's troops. Her half-brother Robert von Gloucester is taken prisoner. He is exchanged for the captured Stephan again.
- December: Stephan is again crowned King of England .
First documentary mentions
- First documented mention of Boécourt , Elmshorn , Laufen , Sitzendorf an der Schmida and Villnachern
- May 24th : At the Council of Sens , Peter Abelard , one of the most important scholars of his time, is accused and condemned of heresy by Bernhard von Clairvaux .
- King Alfonso VII of León and Castile donates the Sacramenia Monastery .
Date of birth saved
- March 30 : Alexios Komnenos , Byzantine aristocrat († 1183 )
- May 27 : Eisai , founder of the Rinzai school of Zen Buddhism († 1215 )
Exact date of birth unknown
Born around 1141
Date of death secured
- January 11th : Gebhard von Urach , Prince-Bishop of Strasbourg
- February 11 : Hugo von St. Viktor , theologian and philosopher (* around 1097 )
- February 13 : Béla II , King of Hungary (* around 1110 )
- April 13th : Engelbert , Duke of Carinthia
- May 15 : Aubrey II. De Vere , English nobleman (* around 1080 )
- June 10 : Richenza of Northeim , German Empress (* around 1187 / 1189 )
- July 17th : Adalbert II of Saarbrücken , Archbishop of Mainz
- August 2nd : Berthold I , Abbot of St. Blasien
- October 18 : Leopold IV , Margrave of Austria and Duke of Bavaria (* around 1108 )
Exact date of death unknown
- June: Udo von Osnabrück , Bishop of Osnabrück
- Ermesinde of Luxembourg , Countess of Dagsburg and Countess of Namur
- Jehuda ha-Levi , philosopher and poet (* around 1075 )
- Josef ibn Migasch , Spanish rabbi (* 1077 )
- Ratislaus of Rügen , Prince of the Rugians (* before 1105)
- Sharawa Yönten Dragpa , Tibetan Buddhist (* 1070 )