Calendar overview 1145
|Lucius II dies of a wound sustained in the battle against the Roman Senate.||Eugene III. had to flee Rome a few days after his election.|
|1145 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||593/594 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1688/89 (southern Buddhism); 1687/88 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||64th (65th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||507/508 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||523/524 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||539/540 (June 23/24)|
|Jewish calendar||4905/06 (September 19-20)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1455/56 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1456/57 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1201/02 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Patrimony of Petri
- February 15 : Pope Lucius II dies of a wound sustained in the battle against the Roman Senate. Bernardo Paganelli di Montemagno is elected Pope on the same day , although he is neither a bishop nor a cardinal, and takes the name Eugene III. at. But a few days later he had to flee Rome from the Senate . As a result, he can do little to counteract the agitations of his opponent Arnold von Brescia , who calls for the Church to renounce power.
- December 1st : Pope Eugene III. calls for the Second Crusade in his bull Quantum praedecessores .
Other events in Europe
- English Civil War from 1135 to 1154
- Znojmo is destroyed by the Bohemian King Vladislav II after an uprising of Moravian nobles .
First documentary mentions
- First documentary mention of Arnstorf , Eptingen , Inwil , Langenbruck , Mümliswil and Sernatingen (today Ludwigshafen on Lake Constance)
science and technology
- Kim Bu-sik writes the 50-volume Korean font Samguk Sagi in classical Chinese , which describes the time of the Three Kingdoms of Silla , Goguryeo and Baekje . It is the oldest surviving document on the history of Korea .
- April 7th : With the Bull Militia Dei , Pope Eugene III confirms . the Knights Templar .
- First Carthusian monks
nature and environment
- April 18 : Halley's Comet can be seen for 78 days as a very noticeable phenomenon according to sources from China , Japan , Korea and Europe .
Date of birth saved
Exact date of birth unknown
- June: Abu-Bakr Malik al-ʿAdil I , Sultan of the Ayyubids († 1218 )
- Adalbert III. of Bohemia , Archbishop of Salzburg († 1200 )
- Amalrich of Lusignan , King of Cyprus and King of Jerusalem († 1205 )
- Ibn Jubair , Arab geographer and travel writer († 1217 )
- Nadschmuddin Kubra , Islamic mystic (Sufi) and founder of the order († 1221 )
- Manuel Komnenos , son of the Byzantine emperor Andronikos I († after 1185)
- Mary of Antioch , Byzantine Empress († 1183 )
- Marie de Champagne , regent of Champagne († 1198 )
Born around 1145
- Theodora Komnena , Queen of Jerusalem
- Friedrich von Rothenburg , Duke of Swabia († 1167 )
- William Brewer , English nobleman, civil servant and judge († 1226 )
- February 15 : Gerardus Caccianemici de l'Orso, Pope under the name Lucius II
- March 21 : Johannes von Valence , Cistercian in the monastery of St. Bernard in Clairvaux (* 1070 )
- March 23 : Tashfin ibn Ali , ruler of the Almoravids
- March 27th : Albero II of Liège , Bishop of Liège
- July 27 : Christian de l'Aumône , French hermit and saint of the Catholic Church
- August 15th : Rupert von Ottobeuren , prior in the monastery of St. Georgen in the Black Forest, abbot of Ottobeuren, monastery reformer and saint of the Catholic Church
- September 27th : Wilhelm von Mesen , Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem