Calendar overview 1147
Alfonso I of Portugal achieved with the aid of a Crusader fleet
, the conquest of Lisbon from the Moors .
|1147 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||595/596 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1690/91 (southern Buddhism); 1689/90 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||64th (65th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||509/510 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||525/526 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||541/542 (June 1-2)|
|Jewish calendar||4907/08 (August 27-28)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1457/58 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1458/59 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1203/04 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- May: The army of King Conrad III. sets out on the Second Crusade in Nuremberg .
- June: The army of King Louis VII sets out in Metz for the Second Crusade .
- June 28th : A cruise ship belonging to the Second Crusade makes a stopover on the sea route to the Holy Land in Portugal . King Alfonso I of Portugal persuades them to conquer Lisbon against the Moors for him . The city was captured on October 24th after a four-month siege .
- A Christian alliance consisting of Aragon , Catalonia , Genoa , Pisa and Castile is attacking Almería by land and sea. Alfonso VII of Castile and García IV of Navarre conquer Andújar and Baeza . The Genoese join them in Almería. Almería falls on October 17th and is handed over to the Genoese.
- September 10th : The German crusader army of Conrad III. reaches Constantinople . The French army arrives on October 4th .
- October 25th : The crusader army of Conrad III. is subject to the Rum Seljuks under Mas'ud I. Conrad flees with his remaining troops to Nicaea in the Battle of Dorylaum .
- April 13th : In the Bull Divini dispensatione, Pope Eugene III agrees . into the Wendenkreuzzug . Some of the crusaders of the Second Crusade are allowed to fight the pagan turns , for which Bernhard von Clairvaux has campaigned.
- June 26th : The siege of Lübeck by the Abodrites under Niklot begins. It ends on June 28th with a victory for the Counts of Schauenburg and Holstein .
- August: The Wendenkreuzzug sets out from Magdeburg to the east.
Other events in the Holy Roman Empire
- February 25th : The term Austria for Austria is used in a by King Konrad III. signed document used for the first time.
- before May: Reichstag in Frankfurt am Main
Other events in Western Europe
- Seville becomes the capital of the Arab Almoravids .
- Abbot Suger of Saint-Denis becomes regent of France under Louis VII.
- English Civil War from 1135 to 1154
First documentary mentions
- First documentary mention of Beinwil , Blauen , Courfaivre , Erschwil , Grindel , Haustadt , Moscow , Lehrte , Schwabsberg , Ummeln , Nunkirchen , Ramiswil , Seewen and the St. Mauritius Church in Niederwenigern
- Foundation of the Cistercian monastery in Maulbronn
Date of birth saved
Exact date of birth unknown
- Dragpa Gyeltshen , person of Tibetan Buddhism († 1216 )
- Håkon II , King of Norway († 1162 )
- Hermann von Ortenburg , counter-bishop of Gurk († 1200 )
- Muwaffaq ad-Dīn ibn Qudāma , Islamic theologian († 1223 )
- Stephan III. , King of Hungary, King of Croatia, Dalmatia and Rama († 1172 )
- Hugh de Kevelioc, 3rd Earl of Chester , English nobleman († 1181 )
- Nur ad-Din Muhammad , Imam of the Nizarites († 1210 )
Date of death secured
- January 13th : Robert de Craon , Grand Master of the Templar Order
- February 20 : Arnold I. , Count of Kleve (* around 1100 )
- April 6 : Friedrich II. , Duke of Swabia (* 1090 )
- April 9th : Konrad von Abensberg , reformer of Augustinian monasteries and archbishop of Salzburg (* around 1075 )
- October 31 : Robert, 1st Earl of Gloucester , illegitimate son of Henry I of England (* around 1100 )
- November 16 : Bernhard von Trixen , Count of Carinthia and Trixen (* before 1097)
Exact date of death unknown
- April: Ishaq ibn Ali , ruler of the Almoravids