Breitenberg (Lower Bavaria)
|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Administrative region :||Lower Bavaria|
|Height :||695 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||29.85 km 2|
|Residents:||2031 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||68 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||94139|
|Area code :||08584|
|License plate :||PA|
|Community key :||09 2 75 118|
|Community structure:||18 districts|
|Address of the
|First Mayor :||Adolf Barth (CPW)|
|Location of the municipality of Breitenberg in the district of Passau|
The municipality is located in the Danube Forest region at the northeastern tip of the Passau district. The municipality borders on Upper Austria ( Rohrbach district ) and the Freyung-Grafenau district . Thus, Breitenberg is located in the southern Bavarian Forest , in the so-called Adalbert-Stifter-Land and in Wegscheider Land . After Passau is 33 km, by Freyung and Rohrbach each 28 km, by Waldkirchen km 20 and after Hauzenberg km 15th It is also the easternmost municipality in Bavaria.
There are 18 districts:
There are the districts of Breitenberg, Gegenbach, Gollnerberg and Schönberg.
- Wegscheid ( District of Passau )
- Sonnen ( district of Passau )
- Neureichenau ( Freyung-Grafenau district )
- Jandelsbrunn ( Freyung-Grafenau district )
- Schwarzenberg am Böhmerwald ( Upper Austria )
- Klaffer am Hochficht ( Upper Austria )
Until the church is planted
The Catholic parish church of St. Raymund von Pennaforte , a cross-shaped vault building, was built in 1720/23 and expanded in 1842/43.
The place in the former bishopric of Passau fell with the secularization of 1803 with most of the high bishopric area to Archduke Ferdinand of Tuscany and only came to Bavaria in 1805. In the course of the administrative reforms in Bavaria , today's municipality was created with the municipal edict of 1818 .
In the period from 1988 to 2018, the population fell from 2,084 to 2,047 by 37 inhabitants or 1.8%
- 1970: 1893 inhabitants
- 1987: 2109 inhabitants
- 1991: 2187 inhabitants
- 1995: 2276 inhabitants
- 2000: 2213 inhabitants
- 2005: 2155 inhabitants
- 2010: 2169 inhabitants
- 2015: 2083 inhabitants
The municipal council consists of the first mayor and 14 elected members. In the local elections on March 15, 2020, 1,229 of the 1,655 residents eligible to vote in the municipality of Breitenberg exercised their right to vote, bringing the turnout to 74.26%.
- 2008–2020: Helmut Rührl (CSU)
- 2020– : Adolf Barth (CPW)
In the local elections on March 15, 2020, Adolf Barth was elected with 64.23% of the vote.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "Under a blue shield head, inside a golden sloping bar, in silver two facing half red flights."|
In 2017, the municipal tax revenue amounted to € 1219 thousand, of which the trade tax income (net) was € 287 thousand in the municipal share of income tax € 739 thousand.
The community is a member of the “Integrated Rural Development Abteiland” (ILE Abteiland) working group founded by 11 communities in April 2011, whose motto is to preserve and design the natural, cultural and economic area of Abteiland as a livable home.
Economy and Infrastructure
With around 20,000 overnight stays a year, the municipality of Breitenberg is a small tourist municipality. The resort, located in the border triangle between the Czech Republic and Austria, offers numerous excursion options in three countries. Individual tourism plays a major role. As a member of the Bavarian Forest umbrella brand of the Eastern Bavaria Tourist Board, the municipality of Breitenberg is already established as a holiday destination.
Economy including agriculture and forestry
In 2017 there were 279 jobs subject to social security contributions in the municipality. Of the resident population, 852 people were in an employment relationship subject to compulsory insurance. This means that the number of out-commuters was 573 more than that of in-commuters. 18 residents were unemployed. In 2016 there were 76 farms. 1953 hectares of the community area were used for agriculture.
There are the following institutions (as of 2018):
- Day care center: one with 73 kindergarten places with 60 children
- Elementary school: one with six classes and 132 students.
In Rastbüchl there is the Baptist-Kitzlinger-Schanze with three plastic covered hills (KP 75, KP 35, KP15) on which international competitions of the FIS Ladies Grand Prix , the four hills tournament of women, were held between 1999 and 2008 . The members of the German national ski jumping team Michael Uhrmann and Severin Freund ( overall World Cup winners 2014/2015 ) are members of the WSV Rastbüchl.
The Breitenberg weaving museum is also located in the Gegenbach district. Here three farmhouses give an insight into the life, living and working of the people since the second half of the 17th century in the land in front of the three armchair. Various looms are still being worked on; Flax and old grains are grown on the museum grounds.
- "Data 2" sheet, Statistical Report A1200C 202041 Population of the municipalities, districts and administrative districts 1st quarter 2020 (population based on the 2011 census) ( help ).
- Mayor. Breitenberg municipality, accessed on May 31, 2020 .
- Municipality of Breitenberg in the local database of the Bavarian State Library Online . Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, accessed on July 16, 2020.
- Wilhelm Volkert (ed.): Handbook of Bavarian offices, communities and courts 1799–1980 . CH Beck, Munich 1983, ISBN 3-406-09669-7 , p. 590 .
- City council election 2020
- City council election 2020
- election 2020
- Entry on the coat of arms of Breitenberg (Lower Bavaria) in the database of the House of Bavarian History
- Origin of ILE Abteiland , accessed on April 25, 2020.