|District of the GDR||Magdeburg|
|surface||611 km² (1989)|
|Population density||47 inhabitants / km² (1989)|
|License Plate||H and M (1953–1990)
HI and MI (1974–1990)
|The district of Klötze in the district of Magdeburg|
The Klötze district was a district in the Magdeburg district of the GDR . From 1990 to 1994 it existed as the district of Klötze in the state of Saxony-Anhalt . Today his area belongs to the Altmarkkreis Salzwedel , a small part to the district Börde , in Saxony-Anhalt. The seat of the district administration was in Klötze .
In the course of the administrative reform in the GDR , which came into force on July 25, 1952, the district was formed from parts of the Prussian districts of Salzwedel and Gardelegen in the Magdeburg district, and the district town of Klötze .
On May 17, 1990, the district was renamed the district of Klötze.
With the district reform in Saxony-Anhalt , which came into effect on July 1, 1994, a large part of the district in the Altmarkkreis Salzwedel was dissolved. However, the city of Oebisfelde and its surrounding area decided to be incorporated into what was then the Ohrekreis (meanwhile also dissolved and merged with the former Bördekreis to form the Börde district). Klötze finally gave the title of district town to Salzwedel.
cities and communes
In 1957 the following towns and communities belonged to the Klötze district:
Motor vehicles (with the exception of motorcycles) and trailers were assigned three-letter distinctive signs beginning with the letter pairs HI and MI from around 1974 to the end of 1990 . The last number plate series used for motorcycles was HR 42-61 to HR 72-90 .
At the beginning of 1991 the district received the distinctive sign KLZ . It was issued until June 30, 1994. It has been available in the Altmarkkreis Salzwedel since November 27, 2012 .
- Statistical yearbooks of the German Democratic Republic. In: DigiZeitschriften. Retrieved October 6, 2009 .
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Municipalities 1994 and their changes since 01.01.1948 in the new federal states . Metzler-Poeschel, Stuttgart 1995, ISBN 3-8246-0321-7 .
- Law on the self-administration of municipalities and districts in the GDR (municipal constitution) of May 17, 1990
- Law on the further democratization of the structure and functioning of the state organs in the state of Saxony-Anhalt of July 25, 1952
- Andreas Herzfeld: The history of the German license plate . 4th edition. German Flag Society V., Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-935131-11-7 , pp. 302 .
- Andreas Herzfeld: The history of the German license plate . 4th edition. German Flag Society V., Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-935131-11-7 , pp. 532 .