Anne Bennent, older sister of David Bennent , is the daughter of the German actor Heinz Bennent and the Swiss dancer Paulette Renou (stage name Diane Mansart ). She grew up multilingual (French, German, English, Italian). Anne Bennent had her first film role in 1973 at the age of nine in the television drama The Parents of Hans W. Geißendörfer , in which the entire Bennent family first appeared. Later on, the artist family often performed together on stage and in front of the camera. In 1977 she made her debut at the Berlin Schiller Theater in Chekhov's Der Kirschgarten . In 1978 she was 15-year-old Lissa with her father Heinz Bennent in Derrick (5th season, episode 9), Lissa's father . At the age of 16 she played the title role in Walerian Borowczyk's Wedekind film Lulu in 1980 ; father Bennent gave the lover Dr. Nice. From 1981 to 1982 she attended the theater at the Conservatoire de musique de Genève in the acting class of Claude Stralz. She then took lessons at the École du Théâtre des Amandiers in Nanterre with Patrice Chéreau until 1984 , in between she went to the Eugene O'Neill Theater Center in Waterford (Connecticut) , USA, for three months .
From 1984 to 1986 she was engaged by the Munich Residenztheater . 1986 followed an engagement at the Staatstheater Stuttgart under Ivan Nagel . There she worked with directors such as Bob Wilson , Niels-Peter Rudolph and Axel Manthey and was awarded the OE Hasse Prize in 1986 for best young actress. During this time she played in sensational performances by director Thomas Langhoff . From 1990 until 2003 she performed regularly at the Burgtheater in Vienna . Bennent also had appearances at the Salzburg Festival , the Hamburger Schauspielhaus and the Théâtre des Bouffes du Nord in Paris under Peter Brook .
From 1989 on, Anne Bennent also performed as a singer of French chansons with the recital Pour Maman in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and France. During these performances, her mother was also present on stage until her death in late 2010. Her brother David Bennent is also an actor, he appeared with her several times in films and on stage. In 1999, for example, they were seen together in the world premiere of George Tabori's Purgatory at the Vienna Akademietheater . Anne Bennent lives with the blind accordionist Otto Lechner in Gars am Kamp, Lower Austria, and performs literary and musical productions with him. They have one son (* 2004). She has another son from a previous relationship with Yevgeny Sitochin (* 1999).
- 1976: Berlin Promotion Prize of the Academy of Arts for her film role in Die Wildente
- 1986: OE Hasse Prize
- 1996: Kainz Medal for the title role in Yvonne, Princess of Burgundy
- Anja in Der Kirschgarten , directed by Hans Lietzau , 1978, at the Schiller Theater in Berlin
- Frida in John Gabriel Borkman , directed by Ingmar Bergman , 1984/85, at the Residenztheater in Munich
- Ophelia in Hamlet , directed by BK Tragelehn , 1984/85 at the Residenztheater in Munich
- Bjuty in Totenfloß , directed by Henning Rühle, 1986, at the Stuttgart State Theater
- Varja in Der Kirschgarten , at the State Theater Stuttgart
- Title role in Alkestis , directed by Robert Wilson , 1987, at the Staatstheater Stuttgart
- Agnes in A Dream Play , 1986–88 at the Stuttgart State Theater
- Johanna in Der einsame Weg , directed by Thomas Langhoff , 1987 and 1989, at the Salzburg Festival
- Elisabeth in Don Carlos , directed by Niels-Peter Rudolph , 1987 at the Stuttgart State Theater
- Title role in And Pippa Dances! by Gerhart Hauptmann , director: Thomas Langhoff, 1988–90, at the Münchner Kammerspiele
- Esther in Die Jüdin von Toledo , directed by Thomas Langhoff, 1990, at the Salzburg Festival
- Sascha in Iwanov , director: Peter Zadek , 1990, at the Burgtheater Vienna
- Desdemona in Othello , directed by George Tabori , 1990, at the Akademietheater in Vienna
- Title role in Penthesilea , directed by Ruth Berghaus , 1991, at the Burgtheater Vienna
- Title role in Käthchen von Heilbronn , director: Hans Neuenfels , 1992, at the Burgtheater Vienna
- Title role in Troilus and Cressida by Shakespeare , directed by Leander Haußmann , 1993, at the Deutsches Schauspielhaus in Hamburg
- Title role in Yvonne, Princess of Burgundy , directed by Tamás Ascher, 1994, at the Akademietheater in Vienna
- Gertrud in Qui est là , director: Peter Brook , 1995–96, at the Théâtre des Bouffes du Nord in Paris, with David Bennent
- Title role in Kassandra by Christa Wolf , setting by Michael Jarrell with Ensemble Modern , director: Christoph Marthaler , 1996 at the Lucerne Festival
- Preparations for Immortality by Peter Handke , director: Claus Peymann , 1997 at the Burgtheater Vienna
- Alkmene in Amphitryon , directed by Hans Neuenfels , 1998, at the Akademietheater in Vienna, with David Bennent as Merkur
- Sarah Bernhardt in Purgatorium , directed by George Tabori , 1999, at the Akademietheater in Vienna, with David Bennent as Marcel Proust
- Roberto Zucco by Bernard-Marie Koltès , director: Klaus Michael Grüber , 2001, Akademietheater and Wiener Festwochen
- Sylvia Kessel in The Fool and His Wife Tonight in Pancomedia by Botho Strauss , directed by Dieter Giesing , 2002, at the Burgtheater Vienna
- Klytämnestra in Elektra by Hugo von Hofmannsthal , director: Joachim Schlömer , 2003, at the Burgtheater Vienna
- Ranjewskaja in Der Kirschgarten , directed by Jevgenij Sitochin , 2008, at the Lower Austria State Theater in St. Pölten
- Claire Zachanassian in The Visit of the Old Lady by Friedrich Dürrenmatt , 2013, Stockerau Festival
- Helene Alving in Gespenster (Family Celebrations 1), directed by Armin Holz , 2015, at the Landestheater Linz
- Role in Mrs Dalloway (Familienfeste 2), directed by Armin Holz , 2015, at the Landestheater Linz
- Countess Viktoria in Viktoria and her Husar (Family celebrations 3), directed by Armin Holz , 2015, at the Landestheater Linz
- 1973: The Parents - Director: Hans W. Geißendörfer
- 1976: Sternsteinhof - Director: Hans W. Geißendörfer
- 1976: The Wild Duck - Director: Hans W. Geißendörfer
- 1979: I am the dead one - Director: Alexander von Eschwege
- 1980: Bettina von Arnim - Director: Jochen Richter
- 1980: Lulu - Director: Walerian Borowczyk
- 1982: Domino - Director: Thomas Brasch
- 1983: Brandmale - Directed by George Moorse
- 1984: A love from Swann - Director: Volker Schlöndorff
- 1994: 71 fragments of a chronology of chance - director: Michael Haneke
- 2003: Marie and Freud - Director: Benoît Jacquot
- 2004: Silentium - Director: Wolfgang Murnberger
- 2006: Commissario Laurenti - Die Toten vom Karst - Director: Sigi Rothemund
- 2008: Séraphine - Director: Martin Provost
- 2012: Kill Me - Director: Emily Atef
- 2019: When Hitler stole the pink rabbit - Director: Caroline Link
- The Commissioner - is the train going to Italy? (1975) as Ilse Kempe
- Der Alte - Die Konflingsfrau (1978) as a young girl
- Derrick - Lissa's father (1978) as Lissa
- Derrick - Die Fahrt nach Lindau (1982) as Mona Gericke
- Derrick (1983) as Erika
- Derrick (1984) as Grit
- Derrick - Who Shot Asmy? (1985) as Erni Weik
- Derrick: The Night Ronda Died (1986) as Britta Stolze
- Crime scene: Death before Scharhörn (2001)
- Otto Lechner and Anne Bennent: wonderful. Stories by Robert Walser . Extraplatte, Vienna 2001, 62 min., Audio CD, ISBN 978-3-221-70172-7 .
- Otto Lechner and Anne Bennent: The Crypt Guardian. Based on a story by Franz Kafka . Sound book (32 pages) with 1 CD. Mandelbaums library of sounds, Vienna 2008, ISBN 978-3-85476-249-2 . (Meeting:)
- Otto Lechner and Anne Bennent: The Voices of Marrakech. By Elias Canetti , sound book (32 pages) in half linen with 2 CDs. Mandelbaum, Vienna 2010, ISBN 978-3-85476-230-0 .
- Otto Lechner and Anne Bennent: Leila and Majnun. By Nizami , with ensemble. Sound book (32 pages) with 2 CDs. Mandelbaum, Vienna 2011, ISBN 978-3-85476-339-0 . (Audiobook review:)
- 2012: Cécile Wajsbrot : W wie ihr Name / Avec un double V - Director: Marguerite Gateau (SR / DKultur / France Culture)
- Bennent times four - Diane, Heinz, Anne and David Bennent. Portrait of a family of artists. Documentary, Germany, 1998, 45 min., Script and director: Georg Stefan Troller , production: Kick Film in coproduction with WDR and NDR , first broadcast: December 6, 1998 on Nord 3 , summary by Kick Film , ( memento from March 25 2013 in the Internet Archive ).
- Othello - The Moor of Venice. Tragedy by William Shakespeare . Burgtheater Wien , 1990, 150 min., Production: George Tabori , direction: C. Rainer Ecke, broadcast: u. a. ZDFtheaterkanal on November 3rd, 2006, u. a. with Gert Voss as Othello, Anne Bennent as Desdemona, Heinz Zuber as Brabantio, Florentin Groll as Cassio, Ignaz Kirchner as Iago.
- The Jewess of Toledo. Tragedy by Franz Grillparzer . Salzburg Festival , 1990, 132 min., Production: Thomas Langhoff , image direction: Thomas Langhoff, stage design and costumes: Jürgen Rose , broadcast: u. a. ZDFtheaterkanal on December 5th, 2005, u. a. with Ulrich Mühe as Alphons VIII , Sibylle Canonica as Eleonore , Charles Brauer as Manrike, Uwe Bohm as Don Garceran, Rolf Ludwig as Isaak, the Jew, Anne Bennent as daughter Esther, Susanne Lothar as daughter Rahel.
- Ivanov. Drama by Anton Chekhov . Recording of a performance by the Burgtheater in the Akademietheater Vienna , 1992, 205 min., Production: Peter Zadek , broadcast: u. a. ZDFtheaterkanal on July 2nd, 2004, with Gert Voss as Nikolai A. Ivanov, Angela Winkler as Anna Petrovna, Hans Michael Rehberg as Matjev S. Schabalski, Martin Schwab as Pavel K. Lebedev, Elisabeth Orth as Sinaida Savischna, Anne Bennent as Sascha, Ignaz Kirchner as Lvov.
- Julia Danielczyk: Anne Bennent . In: Andreas Kotte (Ed.): Theater Lexikon der Schweiz . Volume 1, Chronos, Zurich 2005, ISBN 3-0340-0715-9 , p. 157 f.
- Anne Bennent in the Munzinger archive ( beginning of article freely accessible)
- Anne Bennent in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Anne Bennent at the musician agency triart
- Anne Bennent at the Gotha Acting Agency
- Anne Bennent's biography on ORF. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on July 12, 2012 ; accessed on September 9, 2016 .
- Anne Bennent at the Deutsches Filmhaus
- The sexiest crow from the Pére-Lachaise. “Pour Maman” - Anne Bennent's triumphant return to Berlin. In: Die Welt of March 9, 2001.
- “As soon as it freezes, it becomes dangerous.” In: Die Standard from April 16, 2008, interview.
- Biography of Anne Bennent. ( Memento from September 3, 2012 in the web archive archive.today ) In: Kleist archive of the city of Heilbronn
- bor / dpa / dapd : Heinz Bennent is dead. Mourning a modest stage giant. In: Spiegel online , October 12, 2011.
- Anne Bennent , Internationales Biographisches Archiv 41/2005 of October 15, 2005, in the Munzinger archive ( beginning of the article freely available)
- The parents at geissendörfer film and television production (gff) .
- Urs Jenny : Angel of Death . In: Der Spiegel . No. 46 , November 10, 1980, pp. 276 ( from spiegel.de [accessed October 20, 2011]).
- Thomas Jorda: She still wants to plant cherry trees. In: Niederösterreichische Nachrichten of March 3, 2008, beginning of the article .
- Wolfgang Freitag: Bennent & Lechner: "I'm not someone who can switch off." 2007, interview.
- Chanson. Pour maman. In: Konau 25, Frohe Zukunft eV , April 24, 2010.
- Anne Bennent “Pour Maman”. In: Berliner Zeitung of March 7, 2001.
- Sibylle Fritsch: From the courtyard to heaven. The 85 year old George Tabori says goodbye to Vienna with “Purgatorium”. In: Die Welt of May 31, 1999.
- Manfred Papst: World music from the squeeze chest. In: Neue Zürcher Zeitung of March 26, 2005.
Cornelia Niedermeier: "As soon as it freezes, it becomes dangerous." In: Die Standard from April 16, 2008, interview.
Maike Schiller: Anne Bennent is playing well. In: Hamburger Abendblatt of November 22, 2001.
Maria Gurmann: Anne Bennent: “Actually, as a child I wanted to be a farmer”. In: Courier of July 21, 2013.
- Anne Bennent at the Deutsches Filmhaus
- Review of Qui est là - Rolf Michaelis : Königsweg zu Hamlet. In: Die Zeit , No. 52, December 1995.
- Review of Purgatorium - Wolfgang Kralicek: Bonjour Petitesse. In: Der Tagesspiegel from June 1, 1999.
- Review of the fool and his wife tonight in Pancomedia - Ronald Pohl: The pairing of air and spirit in the hotel fear. In: Der Standard from June 9, 2002.
- tj: Dürrenmatt's old lady is visiting again. In: Niederösterreichische Nachrichten , November 25, 2012 and Stockerau Festival 2013 .
- Anne Bennent biography at ORF. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on July 12, 2012 ; accessed on September 9, 2016 .
- Marie and Freud , ( memento from July 19, 2012 in the web archive archive.today ) on arte , August 31, 2007.
- Review of The Crypt Guardian - Cornelia Niedermeier: "Nights last for years here." In: Der Standard from May 8, 2009.
- Audio book review on Nizami: “Leila and Majnun ” at sandammeer.at
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 13, 1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lausanne|