Hall of Fame (Manager Magazin)
The inclusion in the Hall of Fame of the German business magazine Manager Magazin is an important honor for German economists and managers. It should not be confused with the younger Hall of Fame of the business newspaper Handelsblatt .
In 1992, the then managing director ( Karl Dietrich Seikel ) and the editor-in-chief of Manager Magazin , Peter Christ , decided to create an award for outstanding performance in the German economy. Together with Hermann Schäfer , the founding director of the Foundation House of History of the Federal Republic of Germany , a symbolic hall of fame, the Hall of Fame , today a brand of the Manager Magazin Verlagsgesellschaft ( Spiegel Group ), was created and sold for the first time to Ludwig Erhard , Hans Böckler and Max Grundig awarded posthumously. Since then, one or two German personalities from the economy or industry selected by a jury have been awarded admission to the Hall of Fame . At a festive meeting in the "Schlosshotel Kronberg" the new members are accepted into the symbolic hall of fame. Under the motto “Against discouragement and mediocrity”, entrepreneurs, managers, politicians and trade unionists who have achieved exemplary things are honored.
Exhibition in the House of History of the Federal Republic of Germany
In the House of History of the Federal Republic of Germany , you can see the Hall of Fame (as of 2004) on the media terminals of the information center, the library and media center on German contemporary history. Short texts, pictures and video sequences illustrate the résumés of the laureates.
The Hall of Fame in Poland
In 2005 the Polish edition of Manager Magazin donated a counterpart to the German Hall of Fame, the Galeria Chwały Polskiej Ekonomii (translated: Hall of Honor of Polish Economy ). Here, too, an important economist was honored for his life's work once a year. Prize winners included Leszek Balcerowicz and Henryka Bochniarz .
The current jury
- Franz Fehrenbach , Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Robert Bosch GmbH
- Herbert Henzler , Vice Chairman Credit Suisse and former Germany head of the McKinsey management consultancy
- Karl-Ludwig Kley , Chairman of the Eon Supervisory Board , Lufthansa
- Norbert Reithofer , BMW
- Simone Bagel-Trah , Chairwoman of the Henkel Supervisory Board
- Martin Noé, editor-in-chief of manager magazin
- Sven Oliver Clausen, editor-in-chief of manager magazin
The previous laureates
- Award 2009 for Jürgen Heraeus and Jürgen Strube, article in Manager Magazin
- Photo gallery of the laureates
- ↑ This is how Hans-Olaf Henkel called it the "Walhalla of the German economy", according to Article in Manager Magazin , issue 6/2007 from May 25, 2007.
- ↑ The Handelsblatt award of the same name was first awarded in 2009, according to Article on Handelsblatt.com from January 14, 2009.
- ↑ In 1992 Christ replaced the previous editor-in-chief Winfried Wilhelm, according to Manager Magazin , issue 9/2001.
- ↑ All previous laureates
- ↑ according to Information ( Memento of the original from August 23, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. at Kariera-managera.pl (in Polish)
- ↑ according to Polish-language article on Marketingprzykawie.pl
- ↑ according to Polish-language article at Bankier.pl