Music year 1754
|Music year 1754|
|Baldassare Galuppi||François-Joseph Gossec|
- February 5th : The Opera seria Artemisia by Johann Adolph Hasse based on a libretto by Giovanni Ambrogio Migliavacca is premiered in the Opera House at the Zwinger in Dresden.
- June 19 : Wilhelmine von Bayreuth has her brother Friedrich the Great premiered the opera L'Huomo in the Margravial Opera House on the occasion of his visit to Bayreuth . The Italian-sung Festa Teatrale was composed by Andrea Bernasconi , the libretto was written by the Margravine in French ( L'homme ), and it was translated into Italian by the court poet Luigi Stampiglia. Wilhelmine was inspired to the allegorical-philosophical plot by Zarathustra's system .
- Summer: The opera Il trionfo della fedeltá by Maria Antonia von Bayern is premiered in Dresden.
- September 24th : Le cinesi , an opera buffa in one act by Christoph Willibald Gluck based on the libretto by Pietro Metastasio , is premiered on his estate Schloss Hof as part of a festival given by Joseph Friedrich von Sachsen-Hildburghausen in honor of Empress Maria Theresa .
- October 12 : To celebrate the birth of the Dauphin , later Louis XVI. , Jean-Philippe Rameau's one-act play (“acte de ballet”) La Naissance d'Osiris is premiered in Fontainebleau ; the libretto was by Louis de Cahusac . The premiere of Rameau's and Cahusac's one-act play Anacréon will follow on October 23, also in Fontainebleau .
- October 26 : Baldassare Galuppi's opera Il filosofo di campagna is premiered in Venice.
- November 10th : The world premiere of the musical drama L'Issipile by Ignaz Holzbauer takes place in Mannheim.
- Autumn: The traveling opera Girolamo Bon performed in Frankfurt am Main until 1755 .
- Vincenzo Lenzenio Ciampis (article in English Wikipedia) opera Didone abbandonata based on the libretto by Pietro Metastasio has its world premiere in London.
- The composer Niccolò Piccinni makes his debut at the Teatro dei Fiorentini in Naples with his first opera buffa Le Donne dispettose .
- Michael Christian Festing - Violin Sonatas (published posthumously)
- François-Joseph Gossec - Symphony No. 1
- Pietro Locatelli - La foresta incantata (Ballet)
- Pietro Domenico Paradisi - 12 sonata di gravicembalo
- Friedrich Wilhelm Marpurg publishes the second part of his music theory textbook Abhandlung von der Fuge .
- Publication of Giuseppe Tartini 's treatise Trattato di musica secondo la vera scienza dell'armonia .
- The composer Christoph Graupner loses his sight.
- Giovanni Paisiello goes to the Conservatorio di S. Onofrio in Naples, where he studies under Francesco Durante .
- Moses Mendelsohn meets Gotthold Ephraim Lessing for the first time .
- March 15 : Silvestro Palma , Italian composer († 1834 )
- April 9 : Antonín František Bečvařovský , Czech organist, pianist and composer († 1823 )
- May 2 : Vicente Martín y Soler , Spanish composer († 1806 )
- May 12 : Franz Anton Hoffmeister , German composer and music publisher († 1812 )
- July 31 : Karl Friedrich Wilhelm Herrosee , German hymn poet († 1821 )
- August 28 (baptized): Peter von Winter , German composer, singing teacher and Kapellmeister († 1825 )
- September 25 : Luigi Caruso , Italian classical composer and conductor († 1823 )
- December 9 : Étienne Ozi , French bassoonist and composer († 1813 )
- December 20 : Joseph Schubert , German violinist, violist and composer († 1837 )
- February 21 : Johann Jakob Schnell , German composer (* 1687 )
- April 5 : Diamante Maria Scarabelli , Italian opera singer (* 1675 )
- April 19 : Ferdinando Antonio Lazzari , Italian organist and composer (* 1678 )
- May 16 : Giovanni Carlo Maria Clari , Italian composer and conductor (* 1677 )
- June 22nd : Nicolas Siret , French organist, harpsichordist and composer (* 1663 )
- September 22nd : Rudolf Franz Erwein von Schönborn , German politician, diplomat and composer (* 1677 )
- October 6 : Adam Falckenhagen , German lutenist and composer (* 1697 )
- October 15 : Christian Ludwig von Löwenstern , German painter, poet and composer (* 1701 )
- October: Johann Christian Hertel , German gambist and composer (* 1697 or 1699 )
- Nicola Conti , Italian composer (* around 1710 )
- Gaetano Maria Schiassi , Italian composer and violinist (* 1698 )
- Václav Spourný , Czech composer (* around 1700 )