Fast & Furious 7
|German title||Fast & Furious 7|
|Original title||Furious 7|
|Country of production||United States|
Neal H. Moritz ,
Michael Fottrell ,
Marc Spicer ,
Stephen F. Windon
Christian Wagner ,
Leigh Folsom Boyd ,
Dylan Highsmith ,
Kirk M. Morri
Fast & Furious 7 (Original title: Furious 7 ) is an American action film from 2015 directed by James Wan . The film is the sequel to Fast & Furious 6 (2013) and the seventh film in the film series The Fast and the Furious . This film is also the chronological sequel to The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift , released in 2006 . The well-known cast around the main actors Vin Diesel and Paul Walker was u. a. expanded with Jason Statham and Kurt Russell .
The film premiered on March 16, 2015 at the South by Southwest Film Festival. The US theatrical release was on April 3, 2015, in Germany two days earlier.
Fast & Furious 7 is the last film by lead actor Paul Walker , who died on November 30, 2013 and who has shaped the film series since the first part. There is also an extended cut that is two and a half minutes longer.
A year has passed since Dominic “Dom” Toretto and his people incapacitated Owen Shaw in Fast & Furious 6 and returned to the United States. There they enjoy their impunity and lead a normal life as they always had in mind.
The film begins with a visit by Deckard Shaw to a London clinic where his brother Owen is in a coma. He swears revenge on the people who did this to him, and then leaves the hospital that he has devastated because he apparently killed numerous police officers who tried to stop him.
Dom is now taking his girlfriend Leticia "Letty" Ortiz to the desert for the Race Wars racing event that he and she founded. There she manages to win a quarter mile race. Because of the cheering people around her, she panics and explains to Dom that she can no longer bear to be with him because she can hardly remember anything from their time together while Dom was with Longing raves about all the past experiences, whereupon she leaves him.
In DSS -Quartier Agent Luke Hobbs sits meanwhile, just alone late at night in his office when he sees one of the other rooms Deckard Shaw, who gets on to a computer information about Cathedral crew and thereby pushes the first to Han. A fight ensues between him and Hobbs, from which Deckard emerges victorious by blowing up the entire floor and fleeing.
Meanwhile in Los Angeles Brian O'Conner tries to cope with everyday life with Mia and her son Jack. During a visit from Dom, Mia tells him that Brian is pregnant again. Shortly thereafter, Dom receives a call from Deckard Shaw, who has meanwhile caused Hans's death in Tokyo, and is forewarned when an anonymously delivered package explodes in front of their house, in front of which they are standing, and the house is destroyed, with everyone remain unharmed.
Dom visits Hobbs, who is in the hospital, who tells him that Deckard Shaw is a former secret special agent of the government, which, however, put him out long ago. Dom then immediately travels to Tokyo and pays a short visit to the “Drift King” Sean Boswell, a friend of Han. He also gets his necklace back, which he gave Letty in Part 6. Owen Shaw got them from Letty, who didn't remember her past with Dom. Deckard had left it next to Hans Auto as a clue.
Two days later, Han's funeral takes place in Los Angeles, where Deckard appears. Dom then takes up his chase until they face each other. After the subsequent collision of the two cars, Deckard was already pointing his gun at Dom when suddenly soldiers appeared and put Deckard to flight. Their leader, who is “Mr. Nobody ”, Dom offers the collaboration.
In the soldiers' quarters, Mr. Nobody explains the proposal to Dom: If he and his crew provide him and the government with a highly intelligent tracking system called "the Eye of God", they will use the system to enable Dom to arrest Deckard Shaw . The crew accepts the offer. Through information from the government they know that the developer of the computer system, called "Ramsey", was kidnapped by the African warlord Mose Jakande and is currently in a convoy on the way through the Azerbaijani Caucasus Mountains. Now the crew, consisting of Dom, Brian, the returned Letty, Tej and Roman, come up with a plan to free Ramsey.
This consists of jumping out of an airplane with your cars and landing on the road with the help of GPS-controlled parachutes. In the daring maneuver that follows, Brian can get on the transport bus, free Ramsey and, thanks to Letty, get him off the bus before it falls down a cliff. Meanwhile, the rest of the crew is dealing with Jakande's henchmen when Deckard Shaw finally shows up and pushes Dom off the track. Dom managed to escape Jakande and Deckard, however, the whole team went to safety and looked for shelter with Ramsey. There the team learns that she has placed the tracking chip with a friend in Abu Dhabi .
The crew then travels to the United Arab Emirates , where they learn from Ramsey's friend that he unsuspectingly sold the computer system to a rich prince who had the chip built into his sports car, a Lykan HyperSport . Ramsey's friend can give the crew access to a party the prince is throwing in his skyscraper. Tej can locate the car there, while Roman distracts the guards and Letty paralyzes the building's security systems. Brian and Dom get to the car undisturbed, where Brian tries to remove the chip. But the crew is discovered and has to flee, whereupon the two get into the car and drive to the floor. When Deckard finally shows up and shoots the car, damaging the brakes, Dom steers it through the window through the air into the neighboring skyscraper while Brian tries to rip the chip out of the car. After Dom steers the car into another skyscraper due to the damaged brakes, Brian manages to remove the chip, whereupon they jump out of the car before it falls out of the third building.
Now that the tracking system is in the hands of Mr. Nobody, he gives it to Dom as a reward to help him find Deckard. He is holed up in an automated industrial plant, where he can be found by the crew, who receive support from the soldiers, thanks to the chip. However, they are surprised by Jakande and his men, who attack the soldiers and take the tracking chip. In the fight, Mr. Nobody is shot, who is brought to safety by Dom before he is picked up by his own rescue workers.
The crew then returns to Los Angeles to venture into familiar territory and forges a plan: As soon as Jakande shows up near the city with the tracking system, Ramsey installs a virus on the chip that allows them to take control of him can win. As expected, Jakande and his henchmen will soon appear in a helicopter over the city. They target Ramsey, but she can get away from Jakande's attacks by switching between Tej, Brian, and Roman's cars. Meanwhile, Dom and Deckard fight in a parking garage, which has also come. Finally, Agent Hobbs joins the fighting, who first destroys a helicopter drone and then attacks the enemy with a minigun . After Jakande's first transmission tower is destroyed, disrupting virus transmission, Brian manually connects another to the network, after which Ramsey manages to fully upload the virus. Because the tracking chip is now useless, Jakande loses sight of Ramsey and finally fires a missile at the parking garage where Dom and Deckard are fighting. This then begins to collapse, Deckard is buried under the rubble and Dom has to flee in his Dodge Charger . He uses a piece of debris as a ramp to jump to Jakande's helicopter, to which he attaches a bag full of hand grenades, which eventually explodes under fire from Hobbs. Despite a rough landing that left Dom slightly injured, the crew is happy to have defeated the enemy, especially since Letty's memory has returned. She explains to the fainted cathedral that she remembers having married him back in the Dominican Republic. This also makes it clear why the Dom necklace was always so important: it served as a wedding ring.
The captured Deckard Shaw is placed in a secret CIA special prison by Agent Hobbs .
In Monte Cristi , Dominican Republic , the entire "family" gathers on the beach, where Dom, Letty, Tej, Ramsey and Roman watch Brian play with Mia and Jack on the beach. It becomes clear to the friends that Brian's focus is now exclusively on his family. Dom decides to leave the three of them alone and continues. However, he is overtaken by the happy Brian in a white Toyota Supra . Both drive alongside, while Dom remembers the time with Brian, with short excerpts from all previous parts with Brian being shown. After a while, they part ways at a fork where Brian drives towards the sun.
On April 3, 2013, Justin Lin announced that he would no longer direct the seventh film. Universal had planned to produce the film on a tight schedule and release it in the summer of 2014. This meant that Lin should have started preproduction while he was still working on post-production for Fast & Furious 6 , which in his opinion would have damaged the quality of the film. Deviating from the usual three-year break between films, Universal wanted to bring the sequel to market quickly to compensate for the competitive disadvantage compared to studios with more reliable franchises in their portfolio. Later interviews with Lin indicate that Part 6 was planned in advance as his last film in the series. After Lin's cancellation, James Wan was hired as a director, who had previously primarily appeared as a director of horror films . Neal H. Moritz returned to the series as producer and Chris Morgan as screenwriter .
The first actors to be confirmed for the sequel were Vin Diesel and Paul Walker . Dwayne Johnson originally said that if Universal were to push ahead with accelerated development of the film, he would not be able to participate in the film because of the shooting of Hercules . Nonetheless, when filming began in September 2013, he confirmed that he would play a significant role in the film after the work on Hercules had been completed on time. In August 2013, rumors arose that Kurt Russell was under discussion for the film. Diesel confirmed this with a photo of the production on his Facebook page in September. In August, mixed martial arts fighter Ronda Rousey was confirmed as well as Thai martial arts fighter Tony Jaa , who is making his Hollywood debut. In the same month it was reported that Denzel Washington turned down a role in the film and that Universal is looking for another big star for the eighth film. It has also been confirmed that Lucas Black has signed for his role as Sean Boswell in Furious 7 and two other films.
In addition, the following pieces of music were used in Fast & Furious 7 :
- Go Hard or Go Home ( Wiz Khalifa & Iggy Azalea )
- Ride Out ( Kid Ink , Tyga , Wale , YG & Rich Homie Quan )
- Get Low ( DJ Snake , Dillon Francis)
- Ay Vamos ( J Balvin )
- See You Again (Wiz Khalifa featuring Charlie Puth )
- Tempest ( Deftones )
Paul Walker's death and the aftermath
On November 30, 2013, lead actor Paul Walker had a fatal accident during a private trip . The shooting for the film was then interrupted. In December 2013, production announced that Fast & Furious 7 had been postponed from its original launch date, July 10, 2014, by just under a year to April 2015. After Walker's funeral , those responsible planned the next steps for the film. Paul Walker's scenes had only been half shot so far. In April 2014, filming resumed with a modified script. Since you Brian did not want to finish in the film "Fast" journey in the middle, served Walkers brothers Caleb and Cody Walker for the rest of filming than double . Additionally, CGI and archive footage from previous films were used to complete missing scenes from Walker's character. The company Weta Digital created a total of 260 recordings in which Walker's face is animated and the body of one of his brothers or the actor John Brotherton can be seen. For another 90 photos, old footage was used.
|Dominic "Dom" Toretto||Vin Diesel||Martin Keßler|
|Brian O'Conner||Paul Walker||David Nathan|
|Letty Ortiz||Michelle Rodriguez||Ghadah Al-Akel|
|Mia Toretto||Jordana Brewster||Ranja Bonalana|
|Luke Hobbs||Dwayne Johnson||Ingo Albrecht|
|Roman Pearce||Tyrese Gibson||Tobias Kluckert|
|Tej Parker||Ludacris||Jan-David Rönfeldt|
|Deckard Shaw||Jason Statham||Leon Boden|
|Sean Boswell||Lucas Black||Kim Hasper|
|Frank Petty / Mr. Nobody||Kurt Russell||Manfred Lehmann|
|Megan Ramsey||Nathalie Emmanuel||Marie-Isabel Walke|
The film received mostly positive reviews. At Rotten Tomatoes , 80% of the 237 reviews are positive; the average rating is 6.6 / 10. The critical consensus states that “in addition to a fresh helping of breathtaking stunts”, the film also offers “unexpectedly quiet tones [...]”. At Metacritic , the film received a rating of 67/100 based on 50 reviews.
The film magazine Cinema described the film as "insane action fireworks that let the adrenaline bubble at high speed". As in the previous films, the story "only serves as a framework for insane stunts". The film service said that the film was trying to top its predecessors as the end of the series "in bizarre-exalted car and martial arts action", which is quite successful. In contrast, there are "quieter moments in which it is sentimentally about memories, loyalty and starting a family".
Fast & Furious 7 was the most financially successful part of the series and one of the most successful feature films in the world less than a month after its release. With worldwide box office earnings of over 1.5 billion US dollars, the film also ranks 9th in the ranking of the most successful films (as of August 8, 2020). He recorded the highest income in China with the equivalent of 390 million US dollars. There it ranks third among the most successful films of all time. In total, the film series grossed $ 3.896 billion, $ 1.29 billion in the United States alone. The German revenue amounts to the equivalent of 137.8 million US dollars. This puts it in 9th place (as of August 8, 2020) of the most successful film series of all time.
The song See You Again by Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth reached 1st place in the single charts in Germany , Austria , Switzerland , Great Britain , the USA and a few other countries. The soundtrack also achieved platinum status in the UK and gold status in Switzerland . The associated music video was at times the most watched video on YouTube after it pushed Psy from number 1 with its music video for Gangnam Style in July 2017 . Overall, it recorded just under 4.5 billion views (as of June 2020), making it the fourth most viewed YouTube video of all time.
In February 2016, Vin Diesel announced the start dates for parts 8 to 10, which should appear in April 2017, April 2019 and April 2021, respectively. Fast & Furious 8 was released in German cinemas on April 13, 2017.
As the first film in the series, Fast & Furious 7 was nominated for one of the prestigious Golden Globes , but could not win the award.
- Screen Actors Guild Awards 2016
- 2016: Nomination in the category Action performance by a stunt ensemble in a motion picture for Furious 7
- Furious 7 in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Fast & Furious 7 atRotten Tomatoes(English)
- Fast & Furious 7. In: synchronkartei.de. German synchronous index , accessed on September 25, 2015 .
- Official German website for the film
- Release certificate for Fast & Furious 7 . Voluntary self-regulation of the film industry , March 2015 (PDF; test number: 150 660 K).
- Age rating for Fast & Furious 7 . Youth Media Commission .
- Fast & Furious 7 (2015). Internet Movie Database , accessed March 4, 2015 .
- Fast & Furious 7 - Schnittberichte.com (detailed version and censorship information on DVD, Blu-ray, games ...) , schnittberichte.com , accessed on August 7, 2017.
- Bory's Kit: Justin Lin Won't Direct 'Fast & Furious 7' (Exclusive). In: The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media, April 4, 2013, archived from the original on April 4, 2013 ; Retrieved April 4, 2013 .
- Interview: Fast & Furious 6 Director Justin Lin. In: Comingsoon.net. May 16, 2013. Retrieved October 29, 2013 .
- Mike Fleming Jr .: James Wan Is Universal's Choice To Helm 'The Fast And The Furious 7'. In: Deadline.com. PMC April 10, 2013, archived from the original April 11, 2013 ; Retrieved April 11, 2013 .
- Adam Chitwood: Dwayne Johnson Says if Filming on Fast & Furious 7 Begins This Summer, His HERCULES Schedule Would Prevent Him from Appearing. Collider, April 15, 2013, archived from the original on April 15, 2013 ; Retrieved April 15, 2013 .
- Dwayne Johnson: Dwayne Johnson @TheRock. In: Twitter. August 10, 2013. Retrieved August 26, 2013 .
- Vin Diesel: Kurt Russell, look for an honor to work with ... In: Facebook. Retrieved October 29, 2013 .
- Justin Kroll: UFC Star Ronda Rousey Gears Up for 'Fast & Furious 7' (EXCLUSIVE). In: Variety. PMC , Aug 7, 2013; archived from the original on Aug 8, 2013 ; Retrieved August 7, 2013 .
- Kit, Borys: Asian Star Tony Jaa Joins 'Fast and Furious 7' (Exclusive). The Hollywood Reporter , August 23, 2013, accessed August 26, 2013 .
- Scott Collura: Ong Bak ’s Tony Jaa Joins Fast and Furious 7 . In: IGN.com. August 23, 2013. Retrieved August 24, 2013 .
- Mike Fleming Jr .: Fleming Rants On Why Studios Can't Launch Franchises Anymore, Leaving Us With Retreads Like 'The Mummy'. In: Deadline.com. PMC August 1, 2013, archived from the original August 1, 2013 ; Retrieved August 1, 2013 .
- Eisenberg, Eric: Lucas Black Signs On For Fast & Furious 7, 8 and 9. Cinema Blend , September 16, 2013, accessed September 17, 2013 .
- Mike Fleming: Lucas Black Is Back Behind The Wheel For 'Fast & Furious 7' And Beyond. In: Deadline.com . September 16, 2013, accessed September 17, 2013 .
- Brian Tyler to Score 'Fast & Furious 7'. In: Film Music Reporter. October 22, 2013. Retrieved October 23, 2013 .
- After Paul Walker's death: “Fast & Furious 7” postponed to April 2015 , Filmstarts.de, accessed on April 5, 2015
- Filming of “Fast & Furious 7” that was interrupted after the death of Paul Walker will resume in April 2014 , filmstarts.de, accessed on April 5, 2015
- Paul Walker's Brothers Jumping In To Help Finish 'Fast & Furious 7' Action Scenes. In: Deadline.com. April 15, 2014, accessed May 4, 2014 .
- Daniel Fabian: "Fast & Furious 7": Paul Walker was animated so elaborately. In: film starts . May 20, 2019. Retrieved May 28, 2019 .
- Fast & Furious 7. In: synchronkartei.de. German dubbing file , accessed on August 31, 2017 .
- Furious 7 (2015). Rotten Tomatoes , accessed on August 19, 2017 (English): "Serving up a fresh round of over-the-top thrills while adding unexpected dramatic heft [...]"
- Furious 7. Metacritic , accessed August 19, 2017 .
- Fast & Furious 7th Cinema , accessed April 16, 2015 .
- Ulrich Kriest: Fast & Furious 7. Filmdienst , 8/2015, accessed on April 16, 2015 .
- The Fast and the Furious. In: BoxOfficeMojo.com. Retrieved April 28, 2015 .
- Top Lifetime Greats. Box Office Mojo, accessed August 8, 2020 .
- 内地 总 票房 排名. Retrieved March 24, 2016 (Chinese).
- Vin Diesel at instagram.com, accessed February 4, 2016