coat of arms
|mayor||Nicole Ramaekers-Rutjens ( independent )|
|Seat of the municipality||Gulps|
|73.36 km 2
73.18 km 2
0.18 km 2
|Residents||14,262 (Jan 31, 2019)|
|Population density||194 inhabitants / km 2|
|Coordinates||50 ° 49 ' N , 5 ° 53' E|
|Important traffic route|
|Postcodes||6271, 6273-6274, 6276-6278, 6281, 6285-6287, 6289, 6321|
|Website||Homepage of Gulpen-Wittem|
Gulpen-Wittem ( municipality in the Dutch province of Limburg . It is located at the confluence of the two waters Göhl ( Geul in Dutch ) and Gulp, which have their source in neighboring Belgium . The main road N278 from Aachen to Maastricht crosses the town center.) is a
The municipality was created on January 1, 1999 through the merger of the municipalities of Gulpen and Wittem . It consists of the villages of Eys, Epen, Gulpen, Mechelen, Nijswiller, Partij-Wittem, Reijmerstok, Slenaken, Wahlwiller and Wijlre.
Distribution of seats in the municipal council
The parish council has been formed as follows since the parish was founded:
|PRO Gulpen-Wittem a||-||-||-||-||-||5|
|Balans Gulpen-Wittem b||4th||4th||4th||2||2||3|
College of Mayors and Aldermen
The following people belong to the college :
- Nicole Ramaekers-Rutjens ( independent ) (Appointed: May 8, 2017)
- Marion van der Kleij (PRO Gulpen-Wittem)
- Jos Last (Balans Gulpen-Wittem)
- Guido Houben (PRO Gulpen-Wittem)
- Community Secretary
- Jos Kusters
Gulpen-Wittem is the center of the Mergelland (ndl. "Heuvelland") in the Dutch province of South Limburg. The varied hilly landscape of the Mergelland, which is atypical for the Netherlands, is very well developed for tourism, especially as a hiking area. The Mosaqua adventure pool in Gulpen is well known.
The master builder Johann Conrad Schlaun from Münster was responsible for the construction of the Redemptorist monastery church in Wittem, the Sankt-Agatha church in Eys, as well as for extensive expansion work and renovation work on Neubourg Castle on the outskirts of Gulpen, which was then owned by the Aachen cloth manufacturer Johann Adam Clermont (1673 -1731) was.
In addition to tourism and agriculture, the two breweries Gulpener Bier in Gulpen and Brand Bier in Wijlre are economically relevant .
Every year the Music Days, the Organ Concerts in Wijlre and the Art Days in Wittem take place in Eys. The Poorten van Reijmerstok and the art route are organized alternately every two years.
- Website of the municipality (Dutch)
- Gulpen-Wittem tourist website (Dutch)
- ↑ Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand . In: StatLine . Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek (Dutch)
- ↑ Result of the local elections: 2014 2018 , accessed on July 29, 2018 (Dutch)
- ↑ Allocation of seats in the municipal council: 1998–2002 2006 2010 2014 2018 , accessed on July 29, 2018 (Dutch)
- ^ College B en W Gemeente Gulpen-Wittem, accessed on July 29, 2018 (Dutch)
- ^ Nieuwe burgemeester in Gulpen-Wittem. In: Rijksoverheid. March 16, 2017, Retrieved July 29, 2018 (Dutch).