|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Height :||363 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||5.25 km 2|
|Residents:||3486 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||664 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||09394|
|Primaries :||037298 u. 037204|
|License plate :||ERZ, ANA, ASZ, AU, MAB, MEK, STL, SZB, ZP|
|Community key :||14 5 21 290|
|Address of the
|Rödlitzer Strasse 84
|Mayor :||Matthias Groschwitz ( CDU )|
|Location of the municipality of Hohndorf in the Erzgebirge district|
Geographical location and transport links
Hohndorf is located in the Erzgebirge foothills south of the B 173 and west of the B 180 . The A 72 runs east of the community. This can be reached via the connections Stollberg-Nord and Stollberg-West approx. 15 km. The A4 runs north of the municipality. The village is located about 11 km east of Zwickau and about 20 km west of Chemnitz and 8 km northwest of Stollberg / Erzgeb.
The Stollberg – St. Egidien with the Hohndorf Mitte stop and the Rödlitz-Hohndorf stop already in the Lichtenstein area . City-Bahn Chemnitz GmbH's regional trains run every hour from Monday to Friday and every two hours on weekends via Oelsnitz / Erzgeb. to Stollberg and via Lichtenstein and St. Egidien to Glauchau .
Hohndorf is drained by the Rödlitzbach .
Matthias Groschwitz (* 1957) was elected mayor in 2009 and was confirmed in office in 2015 with 99.2% of the votes.
Culture and sights
- see also: List of cultural monuments in Hohndorf
Hohndorf has an Evangelical Lutheran community.
- Johannes Eberhard Bochmann (1899–?), Politician (NSDAP) and SA leader
- Paul Kurzbach (1902–1997), composer
- Rudolf-Ernst Heiland (1910–1965), politician ( SPD ), Member of the Bundestag , Member of the Bundestag ( North Rhine-Westphalia ), Vice-President of the German Municipal Association, resistance fighter against National Socialism
- Georg Rauch (1921–2008), member of the Waffen SS and allegedly involved in the massacre of Sant'Anna di Stazzema in Italy in 1944
- Rolf Seim (1928–2015), Professor of Mineralogy and Geochemistry
- Holger Erler (* 1950), soccer player
- Municipal administration Hohndorf (ed.): 550 years of Hohndorf: 1460–2010 - a village in the countryside. Hohndorf, 2010. ISBN 978-3-00-031717-0
- Hohndorf in the Digital Historical Directory of Saxony
- Population of the Free State of Saxony by municipalities on December 31, 2019 ( help on this ).
- Results of the 2019 municipal council elections
- https://www.hohndorf.com/unsere-gemeinde/partnergemeinde/ Community partnership between Hohndorf and Kronau on the homepage of the community of Hohndorf