Les Ormes (Vienne)
|Community association||Grand Châtellerault|
|surface||24.22 km 2|
|Residents||1,631 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||67 inhabitants / km 2|
Les Ormes is a French village with 1,631 inhabitants (as of January 1 2017) in the department of Vienne in the region Nouvelle-Aquitaine ; it belongs to the arrondissement of Châtellerault and is part of the canton of Châtellerault-2 (until 2015: canton of Dangé-Saint-Romain ).
Les Ormes is located about 17 kilometers north-northeast of Châtellerault on the Vienne River , which forms the western municipal boundary. The Creuse forms the eastern boundary of the municipality. Les Ormes is surrounded by the neighboring communities of Port-de-Piles in the north, Descartes in the northeast, Buxeuil in the east, Saint-Rémy-sur-Creuse in the southeast, Dangé-Saint-Romain in the south, Antogny-le-Tillac in the west and Pussigny in the north-west.
|Source: Cassini and INSEE|
- Saint-Martin-et-Sainte-Marguerite church from the 19th century
- Saint-Sulpice Priory, Monument historique since 1969
- Falaise castle and chapel from the 19th century
- La Fontaine Castle
- Castle and domain of Les Ormes, monument historique since 1966
- Stables (called La Bergerie ), built between 1766 and 1768
- Old gendarmerie, built in 1833
- Market halls, monument historique since 1934
- Wash house
- Le Patrimoine des Communes de la Vienne. Volume 1, Flohic Editions, Paris 2002, ISBN 2-84234-128-7 , pp. 276-283.