|Community association||Grand Châtellerault|
|surface||24.86 km 2|
|Residents||5,911 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||238 inhabitants / km 2|
Naintré is a French village with 5911 inhabitants (at January 1, 2017) in the department of Vienne in the region Nouvelle-Aquitaine ; it belongs to the arrondissement of Châtellerault and the canton of Châtellerault-1 .
Vieux Poitiers - Vetus Pictacvis
In the area of the municipality of Naintré and near the confluence of the Vienne and Clain rivers are the remains of the Gallo-Roman settlement Vieux-Poitiers (Vetus Pictavis) from the middle of the 1st century.
Vetus Pictavis was near the confluence of the Vienne and Clain rivers on the Tours to Poitiers road. The city was destroyed by fire at the end of the 2nd century. The Théâtre antique, which was 116 meters in diameter and was designed for around 10,000 visitors, is still visible today.
In 742, Karlmann and Pippin , the sons of the late Karl Martell , met in Vetus Pictavis and agreed here on a division of the inheritance that no longer took their brother Grifo into account (division of the Empire of Vieux-Poitiers).
- Gallo-Roman Theater of Vieux-Poitiers (Vetus Pictavis)
- Château de la Tour (14th century)
- Rodolphe Salis (1851–1897), cabaret artist, painter and graphic artist
- Fernand Augereau (1882–1958), racing cyclist
- Le Patrimoine des Communes de la Vienne. Volume 1, Flohic Editions, Paris 2002, ISBN 2-84234-128-7 , pp. 113-118.