|Community association||Grand Châtellerault|
|surface||16.66 km 2|
|Residents||662 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||40 inhabitants / km 2|
Monthoiron is a French municipality with 662 inhabitants (as of January 1 2017) in the department of Vienne in the region Nouvelle-Aquitaine . It belongs to the arrondissement of Châtellerault and the canton of Chauvigny (until 2015: canton of Vouneuil-sur-Vienne ) and the communal association Communauté d'agglomération du Pays Châtelleraudais . The inhabitants are called Beaumontois .
Monthoiron is about eleven kilometers south-southeast of Poitiers . The ozone limits the community in the north. Monthoiron is surrounded by the neighboring communities Senillé in the north, Chenevelles in the east, Archigny in the south, Bonneuil-Matours in the south-west, Vouneuil-sur-Vienne in the west and Availles-en-Châtellerault in the north-west.
|Source: Cassini and INSEE|
- Saint-Ambroise church from the 12th century
- Beauvais chapel, historic monument since 1994
- The Saint-Médard chapel in Asnières has been a monument historique since 1993.
- The castle and the domain of Monthoiron have been a monument historique since 1996. The ensemble also includes the ruins of a Renaissance tower that is being considered to have been built according to a design by Leonardo da Vinci .
- Anke Fissabre, Ariane Wilson: The tower with ten spurs - a design by Leonardo Da Vinci built in Monthoiron? . In: INSITU 2018/1. ISSN 1866-959X, pp. 65-82.