|birthday||June 25, 1959|
|place of birth||Zwickau , GDR|
|job||Graduated sports teacher|
|Best performance||8.54 m (Moscow 1980)|
Dombrowski was one of the best long jumpers in the GDR . After winning the European Cup in Turin in 1979 , he won the gold medal at the 1980 Olympic Games in Moscow, which were shaped by the US Olympic boycott . With 8.54 m (European record and world record for the year), his victory jump in Moscow, he is still the German outdoor record holder today. In 1982 he became European champion in Athens . 1979 and 1984 he was GDR champion. In 2003 Dombrowski was inducted into the “Hall of Fame” of Leichtathletik.de as the ninth athlete.
Dombrowski was active for the SC Karl-Marx-Stadt . He had a competition weight of 87 kg with a height of 1.87 m. In the documents on state doping in the GDR that became public after the reunification , the name of Dombrowski was also found among the doped athletes.
Shortly after the fall of the Wall, Lutz Dombrowski was the first East German athlete to be exposed as an unofficial employee of the Stasi . According to his own statements, he committed himself to work in the Stasi during 1979 with the task of reporting on attempts to poach the West. In his eight years at IM he delivered a total of 30 reports to the Stasi.
Dombrowski completed an apprenticeship as a machine and system fitter and took a distance learning course at the FS for metal processing technology in Glauchau. From 1989 to 1992 he studied at the DHfK Leipzig and became a qualified sports teacher . In 1990/91 he was a PDS deputy in the city parliament of Chemnitz. He works as an employee for the city sports association in Schwäbisch Gmünd . Dombrowski's daughter Susann was a sprinter and long jumper at LAC Erdgas Chemnitz .
- 1980 and 1984: Patriotic Order of Merit in silver
- Short biography for: Who was who in the GDR? 5th edition. Volume 1. Ch. Links, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-86153-561-4 . . In:
- Klaus Amrhein: Biographical manual on the history of German athletics 1898–2005 . 2 volumes. Darmstadt 2005 published on German Athletics Promotion and Project Society.
- Interview with Dombrowski about the Stasi past of GDR sport , Der Spiegel , December 2, 1991
- Biography on: Leichtathletik.de
- Christian Fuchs: Lutz Dombrowski inducted into the Hall Of Fame , www.leichtathletik.de April 10, 2003
- Brigitte Berendonk : Doping. From research to fraud . Reinbek 1992, ISBN 3-499-18677-2 , p. 181
- A bomb goes off . In: Der Spiegel . No. 49 , 1991, pp. 252 ( online ).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German athlete and Olympic champion|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 25, 1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Zwickau , German Democratic Republic|