Mark Oliver Benecke [ benɛkə ] (* 26. August 1970 in Rosenheim ) is a German forensic biologist , a specialist in forensic entomology and politicians . He is chairman of the state association of North Rhine-Westphalia of the party “ Die PARTEI ” and regularly stands for them as a candidate in elections.
After studying biology and psychology at the University of Cologne and gaining a doctorate with summa cum laude on genetic fingerprints , Benecke completed various technical training courses in forensic medicine in the United States , including at the FBI Academy. At the beginning of his studies he was also enrolled in German studies , psychology and theater studies , but then limited himself to biology with psychology as a diploma minor. In the field of his minor subject psychology, he primarily dealt with learning experiments on animals. According to his own statement, he knows less about psychology, he is all the more interested in biology: “Although I also studied psychology as a minor, as a student who is deeply dedicated to biology, I was not so interested in human software as its hard wiring with nerve and nervous systems Sensory cells. The motives of a serial killer cannot be traced in this way. "
Benecke is called in as a publicly appointed and sworn expert to evaluate biological traces of suspected violent crimes with fatal consequences. He is also a trainer at German police schools and a visiting professor in the United States, Vietnam , Colombia and the Philippines . In the late 1990s, Benecke was employed as a forensic biologist in the Office of Chief Medical Examiner (Institute for Forensic Medicine ) in Manhattan .
The National Geographic Channel , History Channel and n-tv have already covered some of his cases in detail. Benecke is also known to the broader public through his guest comments in the television series Medical Detectives ( VOX , RTL Nitro ) and Autopsy - Mysterious Deaths ( RTL II ), which shows the investigation of real criminal cases and focuses on the mostly scientific methods used. There he explains the scientific background in a generally understandable way.
Benecke has published several popular science books , including on criminal cases, criminal biology and aging from a biomedical perspective. In addition, he published children's experiment kits and books for Ravensburger and Oetinger, among others . Several of his books reached in the mirror - bestseller high rankings and have been translated into many languages. His former wife, the criminal psychologist Lydia Benecke , is a co-author of some of his books.
He is also guest editor for Forensic Science International (Forensic Entomology Special Issue) and was a member of the Science Council of the Society for the Scientific Study of Parasciences . He published books and articles in the magazines Skeptical Inquirer and Kriminalistik on unusual topics such as spontaneous spontaneous combustion , blood miracles (together with ZDF ), vampires , magnetic mountains and others.
Benecke has been chairman of the ProTattoo association since 2011 (information, training and public relations for and by members of the tattoo industry).
- 1997/98 Benecke had after the examination of maggots , the post-mortem interval of the slain wife of the pastor Klaus Geyer found. Geyer had no alibi for the time of the crime and was eventually convicted of manslaughter.
- In the case of the death of a woman in need of care in Cologne, Benecke determined on the basis of dead stable flies (Muscina stabulans) that the woman had been neglected by her carer.
- In cooperation with the domestic secret service of the Russian Federation FSB , Benecke examined Adolf Hitler's alleged skull and his teeth.
- He also investigated the case of the Colombian serial killer and rapist Luis Alfredo Garavito Cubillos .
- The mummies of Palermo examined Benecke detail in cooperation with archaeologists and the Capuchin Order .
Since 1999, contributions by Mark Benecke on current scientific topics can be heard on the public broadcaster Radio Eins on Saturdays . "Der Benecke" is radioeins' most successful scientific podcast . In the ARD audio library, the podcast “Der Benecke” is in the top ten in the knowledge category. Since August 2, 2006, “Der Benecke” has also been published as a podcast under the name “Der Benecke”. This makes “Der Benecke” one of the very first podcasts on the German radio market.
From 2010 to 2011 Benecke was a columnist on the opinion page of the Frankfurter Rundschau and from 2001 to 2011 he had a monthly column in the journal Laborjournal, which is widely used by German-speaking biologists . From 2012 to 2015 he was a regular columnist for the tattoo magazine, and has continued to report there irregularly since then. In 2017, on behalf of and for the permanent collection of the Grassi Völkerkunde Museum in Leipzig , he collected interviews with tattooed people and introduced the tattoo and piercing exhibition in a video installation.
In Jacques Berndorf's novel Eifelträume , Benecke appears as a trace expert .
Until 2007 (and with regular repetitions until today) he was and is to be seen as a forensic doctor in the show Niederig und Kuhnt - Commissioners determine . Also in the Galileo mystery issues about Jack the Ripper (2006), the Popess (2006), Pirates (2006), The Crucifixion of Jesus (2007), Curses (2007), Zombies and Revenants (2007) and Vampires Among Us? (2011) he appeared as a criminal biologist and criminalist. He also appeared in the crime programs Autopsy - Mysterious Deaths and Murder Files on the private broadcaster RTL II and Medical Detectives on the partner broadcaster VOX .
As president of the Transylvanian Society of Dracula , he was the laudator of the 2009 Corine award ceremony for the audio book The Forbidden Place by Fred Vargas , in which the so-called vampire case Plogojowitz is a central theme.
Benecke has been a frequent guest on German-language talk shows since around 2000, where he takes a stand on crime topics. He has also appeared several times in children's programs such as 1, 2 or 3 and the Tigerenten Club .
Radio play & Bluray
In 2017, Benecke spoke in a short cameo in the horror radio play Blood Red Sandman . In the bonus material for Bluray He is back (2015), he appears on a talk show with Christoph Maria Herbst . Mark Benecke speaks the audio commentary on the German, restored and uncut version of the DVD and Bluray of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (2018).
In the cinema documentary Rest in Peace (cooperation with Arte , 2010), the Benecke team can be seen in action in forensic medicine in Bucharest . In the documentary film Finding Tom Bombadil (cinema premiere Easter 2019), Benecke traces the character Tom Bombadil from the Lord of the Rings .
In February 2020, the documentary film Schweinchen - a decomposition film made by Benecke premiered (director: Jörg Buttgereit ) at Babylon Berlin . The film shows the decomposition process of five animals. The main actresses of the films Nekromantik and Nekromantik 2 were present at the premiere . In July 2020, the film Leif in Concert , in which Benecke plays himself, started across Germany .
Music and theater
From the year 2000 Benecke appeared in a play by Klaus Fehling and Posttheater Berlin / New York / Tokyo in the play The Real Forensic in Berlin , Singapore and other cities as the actor Murat Belcant , without the riddle about the actor being solved would have been.
In 2009, Benecke spoke about real, bizarre construction site accidents for the album Baustoff by the electronic band Patenbrigade: Wolff auf.
For the 19th Wave-Gotik-Treffen (WGT) in May 2010, a cover version of Nick Caves Where the Wild Roses Grow , originally from the album Murder Ballads , was released by Benecke with Sara Noxx , which was produced by well-known electronic bands such as Feindflug , Contrast , The Eternal Afflict and others have been remixed. The cover version of Falcos Jeanny , also recorded with Sara Noxx, reached number 1 in the German alternative charts in April 2016.
In May 2018, for the 27th Wave-Gotik-Treffen, a CD by Benecke with Bianca Stücker with cover versions of Some Velvet Morning was released . In November 2018 appeared on the CD Invader of Noisuf-X , a track (sample) by Mark Benecke ( 'Killer') . Benecke can be heard as a forensic biologist on CD Plänterwald by the band Contrast (summer 2019), as well as on Empty World from 'Menschdefekt' (2020).
He regularly appears as a speaker and moderator at the Amphi Festival and the WGT. For the bands Agonoize and Patenbrigade: Wolff can occasionally be seen as a "company doctor" in cameo appearances on stage. He opened the 20th to 27th WGT as a DJ together with DJ Elvis.
On the album "Wir sind die Guten " by the Thuringian band Traumfresser , Benecke appears as a feature guest in the song Another Part .
Benecke can be seen as a cameo or lead actor in several music videos, including:
- Maggots from Hell-O-Matic
- Seven Lives by In Strict Confidence
- Starry Night by Violet Tribe (as a vampire )
- Lachmann von Traumfresser (as Joker )
- Jeanny with Sara Noxx
- The PARTY is there with Serdar Somuncu & Nilo Destino
- Wild Rose with Sara Noxx
- Some Velvet Morning with Bianca Stücker
- We are immortal as a cameo for Blutengel
Animal welfare, vegan life and zoology
Because of his work with octopuses, Benecke became a vegetarian and advocates vegetarianism publicly. He is now completely vegan . PETA co-founder Ingrid Newkirk asked Benecke to execute her will on her corpse. The slogan Peta Zwei used just leave animals alone for a while comes from Benecke.
"Because Mark is successfully involved in teaching science in a special way and encourages laypeople as well as experts to pay attention to the unexpected and the inconspicuous", the animal species Astrophiura markbeneckei - a brittle star from the deep sea - was named after him.
Benecke is chairman of the North Rhine-Westphalia regional association of the party Die PARTEI . In the state election campaign in 2010 in North Rhine-Westphalia , he ran as the leading candidate of the PARTY for the office of Prime Minister. Even in the early state elections in 2012, Benecke came back to number 1 on the NRW state list of the PARTY; The PARTY was the eleventh strongest party and tripled its election result. In the 2013 federal election he ran again as the top candidate (for NRW); Here the PARTY reached the ninth place among 22 parties in North Rhine-Westphalia.
In the mayoral election in Cologne on October 18, 2015 , Benecke stood as a candidate for Die PARTTEI and achieved third place with 7.22% of the valid votes behind the elected individual candidate Henriette Reker and the candidate of the SPD, Jochen Ott . In the state elections in North Rhine-Westphalia in May 2017, the PARTY with Benecke as the top candidate in the Cologne city center electoral district, with 3.6%, achieved the highest number of votes among smaller parties and was also ahead of the AfD.
In the 2019 European elections , Benecke stood as a candidate for Die PARTTEI (25th place on the list).
Benecke has been a member of the German Zoological Society since 1995 and welcomed its resolution, published as the Jena Declaration , according to which the concept of human races is “the result of racism and not its prerequisite”, and in the course of this called for an amendment to Article 3 of the Basic Law . He had previously spoken out against any further use of the term race.
In addition, he deals with Donaldism and published new findings as well as interviews with Donaldists and artists on his homepage, in the journal Der Donaldist and in podcasts. He accompanied the relaunch of the U-Comix extensively. Benecke deals scientifically and critically with phenomena of the parasciences such as magnetic mountains, spontaneous self-ignition of people (SHC) and blood miracles. Until he left in 2018, he regularly supported the skeptics association GWUP and was a member of the GWUP Science Council until 2015. In February 2011 he supported the 10:23 campaign in Cologne. Benecke discussed parapsychological aspects of research with the psychologist Eberhard Bauer from the IGPP .
- Appointed as one of the youngest members of the Linnean Society of London
- Honorary crime stamp / Silver badge of honor from the Federation of German Detective Officers (2003)
- International Representative for the North American Forensic Entomology Association (NAFEA; until 2013)
- Honorary bearer of the Sternburg ("Sterni") box
- Alexander von Humboldt Memorial Prize 2013 of the Senckenberg Society (as co-author of Achim Reisdorf)
- Honorary member of the Thuringia Police Union
- Honorary member of the Institute for German Tattoo History eV (IDTG)
Books and experiment kits
- Mark Benecke (ed.) Stephan Schorn & Monika Schorn: Bloodsuckers as pets and remedies. The medicinal leeches Hirudo medicinalis, H. verbana and their relatives. 274 p., With numerous illustrations and color plates. Eygennutz Verlag, Hamm 2020, ISBN 978-3-946643-09-8
- Mark Benecke & Kat Menschik (2020) Kat Menschiks and the biologist Doctor Rerum Medicinalium Mark Beneckes Illustrirtes Thierleben. From fairy fireflies, guilty dogs, drunken reindeer and playful octopuses. Illustrated Favorite Books, Volume 9, Galiani, Berlin 2020, ISBN 978-3-86971-201-7
- The dream of eternal life , Kindler Verlag, Munich 1998, ISBN 3-463-40338-2
- Memento Mori , Edition Roter Drache, Rudolstadt 2012, ISBN 978-3-939459-39-2
Forensic biology and criminal cases
- Forensic biology. Genetic fingerprints and insects on corpses , Lübbe, Bergisch Gladbach 2001, ISBN 3-404-93025-8
- Methods of murder. Investigations by the world's most famous forensic biologist , Lübbe, Bergisch Gladbach 2002, ISBN 3-7857-2099-8
- On the trail of the perpetrator. This is how modern criminal biology works , Lübbe, Bergisch Gladbach 2006, ISBN 3-404-60562-4
- Traces of murder. New spectacular criminal cases - told by the world's most famous criminal biologist , Lübbe, Bergisch Gladbach 2007, ISBN 978-3-7857-2307-4 (Spiegel bestseller list 29th place)
- From the darkroom of evil. New reports from the world's most famous forensic biologist (with Lydia Benecke), Lübbe, Cologne 2011, ISBN 978-3-7857-6046-8 (Spiegel bestseller list: Dec. 2011: 20th place, Jan. 2012: 9th place)
- The Mummies in Palermo , Lübbe, Cologne 2016, ISBN 978-3-7857-2572-6 (Spiegel bestseller list: week 46/2016 - week 5/2017)
Epidemics, weird science, subcultures
- Laughing science. From the secret archives of the Nobel Prize for Fun. Lübbe, Bergisch Gladbach 2005, ISBN 3-404-60556-X
Vampires among us. Sequence media production, Fuchstal-Welden 2006, ISBN 3-935977-75-1
- Vampires among us! Part 1: Rh. Pos. 3rd edition (with Lydia Benecke, Kathrin Sonntag, Nastassia Palanetskaya), Edition Roter Drache, Rudolstadt 2009, ISBN 978-3-939459-24-8
- Vampires among us! Part 2: Rh. Neg. (With Lydia Benecke), Edition Roter Drache, Rudolstadt 2010, ISBN 978-3-939459-42-2
- Vampires among us! Part 3 (with Ines Fischer), Edition Roter Drache, Rudolstadt 2014, ISBN 978-3-939459-86-6
Why you can't divide spaghetti in two , Lübbe, Bergisch Gladbach 2009, ISBN 3-7857-2368-7 (Spiegel bestseller list: 12th place)
- Why tattooed people have more sex. Lübbe, Cologne 2010, ISBN 978-3-404-60647-4 (paperback edition)
- Viruses for Beginners. The most important questions and answers about Corona. Lübbe, Cologne 2020, ISBN 978-3-7517-0224-9
Books and experiment kits for children and young people
- Where is the mouse? Buchvolk-Verlag, Zwickau 2016, ISBN 978-3-944581-12-5
- Securing evidence at the crime scene. ScienceX, Ravensburger , 2010.
- That'll blow the frog's curls off! Experiments for big and small children. Oetinger, Hamburg 2012, ISBN 978-3-7891-8437-6
- The Benecke Universe. Militzke, Leipzig 2011, ISBN 978-3-86189-845-0
- Mark Benecke determined. Life and cases of forensic doctor Otto Prokop , 1st new edition, Buchvolk-Verlag, Zwickau 2017, ISBN 978-3-944581-13-2
- My afterlife. How everything began. Lübbe, Cologne 2019, ISBN 978-3-431-04133-0 (Spiegel orderer list, 4th place (Oct. 2019)), 8th edition Jan. 2020
Film, radio & television (selection)
- since 1999: Radioeins broadcast "Die Profis" (every Saturday morning, so far without breaks)
- 2001: The Mad Doctor (Director: Sandra Hacker; Cologne Media Prize 2004)
- 2002: National Geographic TV: Dracula Unearthed
- 2004: The Kurt Krömer Show (Season 1, Episode 3)
- 2004: True Horror with Anthony Head (Episode: Vampires)
- 2004: People on Thursday: "Death is with us - the fascination of crime thriller"
- 2005: Night Café , broadcast on April 1st
- 2005: Is it real (Episode: Spontaneous Human Combustion)
- 2005: Rent a Pocher
- 2005: TV total (show from April 14th & November 8th)
- 2006: 3nach9 (broadcast on January 6th)
- 2006: Night Studio (Episode: One Drop Is Enough - The Prophecies of the Blood)
- 2007: Through the night with ... (Episode: Mark Benecke & Michaela Schaffrath )
- 2007: TV total (show on September 3rd)
- 2007: Galileo Mystery (episode: Are there really zombies?)
- 2008: Crucifixion
- 2009: Clever! - The Show That Creates Knowledge (Episode: The Eerie Power of Fire)
- 2009: TV total (show on September 10th)
- 2009: Crime Scene Insects
- 2009: True Horror (Episode: Dracula: True Horror / Werewolf)
- 2010: The Oliver Pocher Show
- 2012: Roche & Böhmermann
- 2012: Tiger Duck Club
- 2013: Autopsy - Mysterious Deaths (Episode: A Song Of Death)
- 2013: Terra X - Expedition into the Unknown (Episode: Dracula - The True Story of the Vampires)
- 2013: Planet Knowledge
- 2013: Inka!
- 2015: Neo Magazin (episode: Oasis of Ecstasy)
- 2017: Ina's night
- 2019: The Pierre M. Krause Show (May 7, 2019)
- 2020: Late Night Berlin
- Official website
- Mark Benecke: The Professionals - The Benecke - Podcast. ( MP3 podcast) radioeins , accessed June 13, 2020 (weekly series).
- Literature by and about Mark Benecke in the catalog of the German National Library
- Mark Benecke in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Slide lecture by Mark Benecke at CultD NekromaniaX 2000 in Düsseldorf - video documentation
- Video talk from the HMKW University with Dr. Mark Benecke , May 28, 2014
- Lenin's corpse , Eastern European Canal University of Freiburg
- Entries in Who Is Who
- Death is not the end. Retrieved May 21, 2018 .
- How do you actually become a forensic biologist? UNICUM Career Center, accessed on May 21, 2018 .
- Doctoral certificate (Latin) , University of Cologne, Medical Faculty, summa cum laude
- Doctoral certificate in: Laughing Science. From the secret archives of the Nobel Prize for Fun. Lübbe, Bergisch Gladbach 2005.
- Doctoral certificate also in: My life after death. How everything began. Lübbe, Bergisch Gladbach 2019.
- FBI Dining - Mark Benecke Forensic Wiki .
- FBI Academy (Quantico) Training & Bug Fest (Washington) (1996) / Mark Benecke .
- Mark Benecke: The Benecke Universe: Co-fighters, Grandma and Grandpa tell ... Ed .: Militzke. Militzke, S. 280-284 .
- Kilian thirty: Dr. Interview with Mark Benecke: That's why he lives vegan. Retrieved November 13, 2019 .
- Mark Benecke, Lydia Benecke: From the darkroom of evil: New reports from the most famous forensic biologist in the world . Ed .: Lübbe. Lübbe, S. 12 .
- Overview of past and current talks, courses and events by Mark Benecke lectures in ForensicWiki
- Biography: My . How everything began. Lübbe, Cologne, 8th edition, 2020
- Riddles of the dead on natgeotv.com (English)
- Bestseller entry From the Darkroom of Evil ( Memento from February 26, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- Spiegel bestseller list: Mark Benecke: My life after death . Spiegel Online, Oct. 15, 2019.
- Forensic Entomology Special Issue, Forensic Science International 120 (1-2): 1-160 (2001) , Editor: Mark Benecke
- All Mark Benecke Publications - Mark Benecke Forensic Wiki .
- Benecke M (1998): Spontaneous Human Combustion (SHC) - thoughts of a forensic biologist. Skeptical Inquirer 22 (March / April 1998): 47-51
- Spontaneous Human Combustion (SHC): Is it True? National Geographic International TV, Season 1, Episode 5; with Larry Arnold & Mark Benecke, producer: Jonathan Halperin, camera: Howard Shack, first broadcast: April 2005
- Watch Is It Real? Season 1 Episode - Amazon Video .
- 2004 Skeptiker Magazin: The blood miracle of Naples - Mark Benecke Forensic Wiki .
- Transylvanian Society of Dracula , Mark Benecke Forensic Wiki
- Benecke M (2019): Securing and evaluating difficult traces: blood sweating . Kriminalistik 73 (6/2019): 364-368
- Benecke M (2019): A Sherlock Holmes of Modern Times . Mark Benecke: "Mummies in Palermo". Deutschlandfunk Kultur Plus Eins Lesart / Archiv, contribution from Nov. 17, 2016
- Mark Benecke (2002) Magnetic Mountains . Skeptical Inquirer 26 (3), May / June 2002, p. 62
- List of editors of AIR
- Marc Abrahams: "I don't tell jokes. Science itself is funny" . The time . 3rd April 2019.
- Pro Tattoo .
- Mittelbayerische Sonntagszeitung: maggots as the last helper. Retrieved on March 22, 2020 (German).
- Hitler's fragments .
- Hitler's Skull and Teeth , Annals of Improbable Research 9 (2): 9-10 (2003)
- MARK BENECKE & NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC INTERNATIONAL: Riddles of the Dead / Die Rätsel der Toten (2002–2009)
- National Geographic Channel on Hitler's Head and Skull with Mark Benecke ( Memento from June 4, 2013 in the Internet Archive )
- Hitler's Skull . January 1, 2000.
- Detailed description of the case in From the Darkroom of Evil. New reports from the world's most famous forensic biologist , Lübbe, Bergisch Gladbach 2011, ISBN 978-3-7857-6046-8
- Benecke's work with serial killer Garavito (PDF; 4.2 MB).
- Work with mummies in Palermo
- The Benecke - radioeins .
- Overview of the podcast "Der Benecke" on radioeins
- Presentation of the new FR columnists ( Memento from September 10, 2010 in the Internet Archive )
- Huber Verlag: Tattoo Magazine /// Germany's oldest tattoo magazine .
- Grassi invites: Showtime! Tattoo and piercing - the world under the skin .
- Berndorf, Jacques: Eifel dreams .
- Archived copy ( Memento from January 20, 2011 in the Internet Archive )
- Dr. Mark Benecke Tickets - Tickets at ADticket.de .
- avanti media .
- Zauberspiegel-Nachrichten: Zauberspiegel - radio play premiere: Blood Red Sandman - a radio play to scare you. Retrieved October 23, 2017 .
- Bluray He's back ( IMDb )
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (Mediabook / DVD / Bonus Blu-ray)
- DVD version of Rest in Peace
- Rest in Peace at Babylon Berlin 2018
- Rest in Peace in Babylon Berlin 2016
- Cinema premiere "Finding Tom Bombadil" at the Imagine Film Festival 2019 in the Netherlands
- Teaser Finding Tom Bombadil (Imagine Film Festival 2019)
- "Piggy" by Mark Benecke and Jörg Buttgereit. A film about death, rot and new life , Deutschlandfunk Kultur , February 25, 2020 (podcast & article).
- page Piggy
- Olaf Gardt: Film Festival: "Leif in Concert" by Christian Klandt opens Attention Berlin . Märkische Oderzeitung (moz.de), February 21, 2020
- Video behind the scenes of the shooting of "Leif in Concert"
- Official homepage of Leif in Concert (2019)
- The Real Forensic - Note Blog .
- Jobs in Heaven (aka "Jobs in Heaven") , accessed July 17, 2014
- Baustoff, December 4, 2009, label: Zweieck Recordings
- DAC: German Alternative Charts, Week 16. (PDF) www.deutsche-alternative-charts.de, April 25, 2016, accessed on April 25, 2016 .
- Sonic Seducer: "Some Velvet Morning": Bianca Stücker and Mark Benecke cover 1960s classics. www.deutsche-alternative-charts.de, March 26, 2018, accessed on May 16, 2018 .
- Poponaut: Noisuf-X - Invader / Limited 1st Edition (CD) (with tracklist). Retrieved February 6, 2019 .
- Contrast - Unstoppable (CD review) by Bent-Erik Scholz (Dark Music World), July 16, 2019
- Human Defect: Empty World (Infacted Recordings, June 2020)
- Lecture announcement WGT ( Memento from June 16, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- Mark Benecke as WGT DJ: Dr. Made the dance of death .
- We are the good guys [Explicit] by TRAUMFRESSER on Amazon Music. Amazon.de, accessed November 20, 2019 .
- Hell-o-Matic: Maggots (video) on youtube.com
- In Strict Confidence: Seven Lives (video) on youtube.com
- Violet Tribe: Starry Night (video) on youtube.com
- Making of Violet Tribe: Starry Night on youtube.com
- Traumfresser: Lachmann (video) on youtube.com
- Noxx & Benecke: Jeanny (video) on youtube.com
- Serdar Somuncu & Nilo Destino: The PARTY is here! prod. by Zwiebo (video) on youtube.com
- Noxx & Benecke: Wild Rose (video) on youtube.com
- Stücker & Benecke: Some Velvet Morning (video) on youtube.com
- Blutengel: We are immortal (video) on youtube.com
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals: With Ink for Squids! Forensic biologist and vegetarian Mark Benecke in an interview with PETA .
- Squarespace link collection "animal welfare" Mark Benecke
- Wiki link collection "Animal Welfare" Mark Benecke
- broadcast hard but fair from December 15, 2010, "Topic: Animals are sausage for me - do meat eaters have no morals?"
- Greentunes - Mark Benecke Forensic Wiki .
- Mark Benecke for PETA: Goodbye, milk
- Mark Benecke for PETA: Facebook asks, Mark Benecke answers (part 1)
- Mark Benecke for PETA: Facebook asks, Mark Benecke answers (part 2)
- Night Plan: The Red Pill .
- Mark Benecke: Ingrid Newkirk of PETA and forensic biologist Dr. Mark Benecke discuss her last will . April 24, 2016.
- With ink for squids! ., last accessed May 11, 2019
- Ben Thuy: A little piece of immortality or: A brittle star that bears your name in: Mark Benecke: Mein Leben nach dem Tod , Lübbe, 2019, pp. 235–237, here p. 236.
- Ben Thuy, Andy Gale & Lea Numberger-Thuy (2019) Brittle stars looking like starfish: the first fossil record of the Astrophiuridae and a remarkable case of convergent evolution PeerJ 7: e8008 DOI 10.7717 / peerj.8008
- Meeting of the election committee of the state parliament of North Rhine-Westphalia, March 30, 2010
- Official election results of the state returning officer NRW 2010 ( Memento from December 17, 2015 in the Internet Archive )
- All candidates for the state election 2012 ( Memento from May 5, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) (PDF; 2.0 MB).
- Landtag election candidates and districts 2012 NRW ( Memento from May 15, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- Official, detailed breakdown of the NRW 2012 election results (PDF; 3.9 MB).
- North Rhine-Westphalia . Archived from the original on December 17, 2015. Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- Official final result. Bundestag election 2013, NRW , here p. 12 (PDF; 5.8 MB).
- The official website of Die-PARTTEI-Lord Mayor candidate Dr. MARK BENECKE .
- Result of the Cologne mayor election on October 18, 2015
- City of Cologne: election results downtown, first votes, May 14, 2017 ( Memento of May 19, 2017 in the Internet Archive )
- German candidates for the 2019 European elections on europawahl-bw.de
- Special issue: The election applicants from the Federal Republic of Germany. (PDF) The Federal Returning Officer, p. 110 , accessed on April 29, 2019 .
- LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) Germany eV: Board of Directors, Members: Speakers, Members: Supporters. Law Enforcement Against Prohibition , accessed December 3, 2019 .
- Foreword from forensic biologist Dr. Mark Benecke , in: Rainer Biesinger, Max Klute (2020) Toxic. Springer Nature, Berlin, pp. VII-IX; Text as a sound file
- Mark Benecke, Certificate of Ordination on dudeism.com, accessed September 3, 2015.
- benecke.com: DZG membership certificate . In: Official documents. German Zoological Society, January 29, 2020, accessed on February 5, 2020 .
- German Zoological Society: Jena Declaration. In: Friedrich Schiller University Jena. German Zoological Society, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, September 2019, accessed on September 15, 2019 .
- Mark Benecke: Jena declaration on the abolition of the term "race". In: Dr. Mark Benecke. International Forensics & Consulting. September 11, 2019, accessed September 15, 2019 .
- Markus Matzel: Mark Benecke. Human races. In: YouTube. Mark Benecke, Soul of Africa Media, March 29, 2018, accessed September 15, 2019 .
- Homepage of Mark Benecke, accessed on June 27, 2020
- Interview with Patrick Bahners , MifüMi 134 (communications for members of DONALD ), 2015, pp. 5-7, accessed on June 27, 2020
- Interview with Steff Murschetz ( U-Comix ), MifüMi 137 (communications for members of DONALD), edition 2/2016, In: Der Donaldist 150 (2016), pp. 10-13, accessed on June 27, 2020
- Interview with Sarah Burrini , MifüMi 135 (communications for members of DONALD), 2015, pp. 7-9, accessed on June 27, 2020
- Book review of Patrick Bahners ' Duckburg: The whole truth (CH Beck Fachbuchverlag, 2013, MifüMi 137 (communications for members of DONALD), edition 2/2016, In: Der Donaldist, Issue 145, Dec. 2013, p. 59, accessed on June 27, 2020
- Gay Disney characters , radio report, Nordwestradio (Radio Bremen), March 16, 2017, accessed on June 27, 2020
- U-Comix anniversary poster with Mark Benecke
- Munich Comic Festival 2019 ( online )
- 50 years of U-Comix at the 2019 Munich Comic Festival
- Full hall, full program : The Munich Comic Festival 2019 by Andreas Dierks, ICOM COMIC! Yearbook 2020, pp. 62-73, ISBN 978-3-88834-950-8 ]
- Skeptoskop ( Memento from May 4, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- Dr. Stephanie Dreyfürst: Tweet from GWUP board member. January 30, 2019, accessed January 26, 2020 .
- Documentary Cathedral: Mark Benecke at the World Skeptics Conference 2012 in Berlin . January 13, 2014.
- Skeptiker1023: 10:23 Cologne homeopathy "overdose" 2011 with Mark Benecke (Cologne homoeopathy ten23) . February 5, 2011.
- Mark Benecke: Mark Benecke meets Eberhard Bauer in Freiburg (IGPP) , in: Skeptiker (GWUP), issue 3/2017, pp. 147–153.
- Announcement by the Federation of German Criminal Investigators on the award of the honorary crime mark
- BDK awards Dr. Mark Benecke the honorary crime brand. Bund Deutscher Kriminalbeamter , January 23, 2002, accessed June 19, 2014 .
- Nafea: Past Officers - North American Forensic Entomology Association .
- Original letter from the Sternburg brewery on the award ceremony (PDF; 2.1 MB).
- Sternburg Bier: How old are you? . Archived from the original on May 31, 2016. Retrieved December 21, 2012.
- Achim G. Reisdorf, Roman Bux, Daniel Wyler, Mark Benecke, Christian Klug, Michael W. Maisch, Peter Fornaro, Andreas Wetzel (2012) Float, explode or sink: postmortem fate of lung-breathing marine vertebrates. Palaeobiodiversity and Palaeoenvironments, Volume 92, Issue 1, pp. 67-81.
- Announcement on the Alexander von Humboldt Prize
- ForensicDr. Mark Benecke in “GERMAN POLICE” interview: In crime novels, chemistry and biology are often just tinsel. Police Union , January 25, 2018, accessed May 16, 2018 .
- Mark Benecke: Tattoo exhibition Hamburg (Christian Warlich) (at 8:48 am)
- Entry in Spiegel bestseller list ( Memento from March 6, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- Spiegel bestseller list ( Memento from February 26, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- Book report: Spiegel bestseller list
- SPIEGEL bestseller: Hardcover - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Culture . Mirror online.
- Spiegel bestseller list , October 10, 2019, 4th place
- Cologne Media Prize 2004 goes three times to WDR
- Die Rätsel der Toten, GB 2002–2009 (Riddles of the Dead), part 9: Dracula's return (National Geographic Channel, original first broadcast: Sun., Oct. 27, 2002, German: from Mon., Oct. 10th) . June 2013)
- Mark Benecke and Michaela Schaffrath (IMDb)
- That bangs the frog's curls off in the Tiger Duck Club, Sept. 22, 2012 (IMDb)
- Mark Benecke solves murder cases - with insects! , Oct. 25, 2013 (IMDb)
- Inca! , 26 September 2013 (IMDb)
- Katrin Sass, Dr. Mark Benecke, Gavin James, Blowm & Maddin un de Maudefaades in Ina's night, November 4, 1017 (IMDb)
- Ardmediathek.de: The Pierre M. Krause Show
- "Late Night Berlin": Forensic scientist draws parallels to the zombie apocalypse , GQ, March 31, 2020 (for broadcast on March 30, 2020)
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Bene, Belcanto (stage name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German criminal biologist and specialist in forensic entomology|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 26, 1970|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rosenheim|