Walter Braun (politician, 1930)
Life and work
After graduating from high school in 1951 at Hegau-Gymnasium in Singen (Hohentwiel) , for which he was awarded the Scheffel Prize, Braun completed a degree in business administration at the Mannheim Business School , which he completed in 1955 with a degree in business administration . He then worked as a research assistant at the Mannheim Business School. 1958, also his promotion to Dr. rer. pole. with work The capacity of road hauliers . After completing his habilitation in 1964, from 1965 to 1966 he represented the chair for business administration at the Christian Albrechts University in Kiel . In 1966 he was appointed full professor here .
Walter Braun was married and has two children. He was a member of the Catholic student union K.St.V. Eckart Mannheim in the KV .
On November 3, 1969, Braun was appointed minister of education to the state government of Schleswig-Holstein led by Prime Minister Helmut Lemke . In this office he was also a member of the cabinet headed by Gerhard Stoltenberg since 1971 .
After the state elections in 1979, Braun was appointed Minister of Social Affairs on May 29, 1979. He initially retained this office under Prime Minister Uwe Barschel , who has been in office since 1982 . After the state election in 1983, however, he left the government on April 12, 1983.
- 1975: Great Cross of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1978: Great Cross of Merit with Star of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Lemke II cabinet - Stoltenberg I cabinet - Stoltenberg II cabinet - Stoltenberg III cabinet - Barschel I cabinet
- Literature by and about Walter Braun in the catalog of the German National Library
- Walter Braun in the state parliament information system Schleswig-Holstein
- Walter Braun in the Kiel list of scholars
- Obituary in the FAZ, November 27, 2019
- Announcement of awards of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany. In: Federal Gazette . Vol. 31, No. 19, January 27, 1979.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), Member of the State Parliament, State Minister in Schleswig-Holstein|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 6, 1930|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Singing (Hohentwiel)|
|DATE OF DEATH||22nd November 2019|
|Place of death||Flintbek|