Susanne Eisenmann (born November 28, 1964 in Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt ) is a German politician ( CDU ). From July 2005 to May 2016 she was mayor for culture, school and sport of the state capital Stuttgart . She is Minister for Culture, Youth and Sport in the Kretschmann II cabinet .
Born in Bad Cannstatt, Eisenmann grew up in Stuttgart-Heumaden . She studied German, linguistics and political science and obtained her Magister Artium at the University of Stuttgart in 1990 . She then did her doctorate in 1996 in the field of philosophy with a dissertation on "Sed corde dicemus: the popular element in the German sermons of Geiler von Kaysersberg ".
At the age of 16 she joined the Junge Union ; from 1990 she was a district adviser for Stuttgart-Sillenbuch . In 1991 she became a personal assistant to Günther Oettinger , who was then chairman of the CDU parliamentary group in Baden-Württemberg . At the age of 29 she was elected to the Stuttgart City Council. From 1999 Eisenmann was deputy, from 2004 to 2005 first chairman of the CDU parliamentary group in the city council of Stuttgart. In 2005 she was elected mayor for culture, education and sport.
Eisenmann is married to the managing director of the Baden-Württemberg Foundation , Christoph Dahl, who had five children.
In the run-up to the 2007 road cycling world championship , the sports mayor of Stuttgart publicly called for more action against doping and spoke out against Erik Zabel starting . She tried to court reigning world champion Paolo Bettini's start and froze payments to the UCI .
On October 18, 2016, it went public with the announcement that, as a result of budget cuts to reorganize the state budget, it would forego a number of projects that had been initiated by the previous government. This includes the expansion of the all-day school, the inclusion of children with disabilities and the introduction of computer science from the 7th grade. In view of the need to save 1074 jobs, these projects can only be realized by restricting regular lessons, which is not justifiable.
Eisenmann advocates the restriction of the learning method “writing after listening” so that mistakes can be corrected at the beginning of primary school. She countered criticism from teachers that the Ministry of Education and Culture could of course make pedagogical guidelines for correcting spelling errors.
Furthermore, in July 2017, she suspended the external evaluation from the 2017/18 school year and abolished the responsible state institute for school development. As part of this, two new institutions are to be created by 2019: the Institute for Educational Analysis and the Center for School Quality and Teacher Training . In doing so, the Institute for Educational Analysis is supposed to provide scientific findings, on the basis of which the Center for School Quality and Teacher Education provides support measures for teachers and schools.
In April 2018, students criticized the English Abitur as too difficult. 36,000 signatures were collected in an online petition. Eisenmann replied in a statement that “the level of the tasks in question was appropriate” and that she had “complete confidence in the teachers”. In the end, the grade point average was 8.4, like the four years before.
- Susanne Eisenmann
- alumnus questionnaire: Answers from Susanne Eisenmann , alumniNews 2005, University of Stuttgart
- New KMK President Dr. Susanne Eisenmann focuses on vocational training kmk.org, accessed on July 27, 2019
- Christian Füller: The Abwrackerin. Susanne Eisenmann is the new president of the German school ministers. She is considered liberal, committed and brutal . In: Friday of January 12, 2017, p. 2
- Strobl promises Eisenmann full support. May 29, 2019. Retrieved May 29, 2019 .
- Minister: New Minister of Education Eisenmann: "I can bear contradiction" | Südwest Presse Online. March 28, 2019, accessed March 28, 2019 .
- Baden-Württemberg Foundation: Christoph Dahl remains managing director - Baden-Württemberg - Stuttgarter Zeitung. March 28, 2019, accessed March 28, 2019 .
- Baden-Württemberg: Susanne Eisenmann should fix it in schools - WELT. March 28, 2019, accessed March 28, 2019 .
- The Minister of Education against the rest of the state of Baden-Württemberg of the SWR from October 19, 2016.
- Stuttgarter Zeitung: Minister of Education Susanne Eisenmann: "There is no right to educational freedom". Retrieved June 13, 2019 .
- Stuttgarter Nachrichten: Dispute over spelling: Eisenmann wants to make specific guidelines. Retrieved June 13, 2019 .
- future, lessons will no longer be assessed by external teachers. In: schwaebische.de. Retrieved June 13, 2019 .
- Eisenmann reacts to the VERA debacle - and restructures the education administration. GEW: More teachers would be better. In: News4teachers. June 28, 2017, accessed June 13, 2019 (German).
- Baden-Württemberg: Schoolchildren start petition against the English Abi - and collect 28,000 signatures . In: Spiegel Online . April 23, 2018 ( spiegel.de [accessed April 23, 2018]).
- Abitur graduates 2018: English Abitur 2018 Baden-Württemberg unfair! Change.org, accessed on April 23, 2018 (German).
- Reply of the Ministry of Culture. Change.org, accessed on April 23, 2018 (German).
- Stuttgarter Zeitung, Stuttgart, Germany: English Abitur in Baden-Württemberg: Ministry: Level of the tasks appropriate . In: stuttgarter-zeitung.de . ( stuttgarter-zeitung.de [accessed on April 23, 2018]).
- Stuttgarter Zeitung: English Abitur in Baden-Württemberg: Report takes student anger wind out of the sails. Retrieved June 13, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 28, 1964|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt|