Chronicle of the city of Düren / 1901–1925
- Start of construction of the new cemetery in Düren-Ost, completion in 1903
- 1.1 .: The steam train , which has now been carried out until notice , is put into operation
- 7.6 .: Foundation of the parish of St. Joachim, after St. Anna and St. Marien, the third parish in Düren
- 3.7 .: Opening of the municipal slaughterhouse in Paradiesstr.
- July 26th: Introduction of a city beer tax
- 28.7. – 4.8 .: Four hundredth anniversary of the Düren Festival of Anna
- 29.09 .: Foundation of the Düren retail trade association
- 13.10 .: Opening of the first municipal power station on the corner of Paradiesstrasse and Glashüttenstrasse. Whose first customer of Düren was
- 13.10 .: Opening of the municipal gym at the south school
- 23.10 .: Inauguration of the building of the Catholic elementary school in Rölsdorf . So far, lessons have taken place in rented rooms.
- Start of construction of the Carmelite Monastery, Kölner Landstr. 261
- March 22nd: Unveiling of the Moltkedenkmal created by Joseph Uphues at the confluence of Philippstrasse. to Weierstr.
- 9.4 .: Foundation of the "Dürener Bauverein für Arbeiterwohnungen AG"
- April 24th: Alexians from Neuss establish a branch in Düren and start nursing on June 4th
- June 16: Leopold Peill, sen. (* April 10, 1846 Cologne; † August 5, 1925 Kreuznach) founded the Peill & Putzler glassworks with his son of the same name, Leopold Peill
- 1.8 .: Opening of the railway line Kreuzau - Blens
- 23.8 .: The Carmelite Monastery on Kölner Landstrasse. is inaugurated
Construction of the first electric street lighting
- Return of the Ursulines to Düren
- The city of Düren is owned by the Protestant community of the cemetery in Paradiesstr. given
- 1.4 .: Opening of the auxiliary school
- December 15: The city council decides to purchase the former Gewandhaus corner Altenteich / Bongard from private ownership
- The " von Keyserlingks " move from Burgau Castle to Bohlschau / West Prussia. The castle has been uninhabited since then
- Düren receives the first electrical fire alarm system
- Establishment of a teachers' college in the former Capuchin monastery on Altenteich
- September 12th: Mayor August Klotz has the title of "Lord Mayor" by order of Kaiser Wilhelm II.
- November 8th: Opening of the Leopold Hoesch Museum donated by the Hoesch family . The city library is also housed here.
- 1.12 .: The census found 29,770 people
- The first public fire alarms are installed in the city
- A one-class Jewish elementary school is opened
- December: The first groundbreaking ceremony for the Distelrath - Nörvenich - Zülpich circular line takes place near Merzenich
- The Stadttheater Düren is played by the Aachen City Theater until 1914
- Beginning of the urban sewerage system
- January 17th: Opening of the city theater donated by Eberhard Hoesch
- August: From Distelrath , tracks of the circular railway are laid in the direction of the city
- 1.20 .: The steam tram Düren - Note until Pier conducted
- April 28: Inauguration of the Protestant elementary school, now Werner School
- 6.10 .: Traffic handover of the electric tram on all lines, also opening of the line Düren - Rölsdorf - Lendersdorf
- The Marienkloster der Cellitinnen in Niederau is built. The new building costs 220,000 marks.
- 15.3 .: The Düren- Kreuzau circular line is completed
- 1.4 .: The Dürener Anzeiger is merged with the Dürener Zeitung from 1872
- August 17: Commissioning of the new water tower at Kölnplatz, now Friedrich-Ebert-Platz (inauguration on October 27, 1909)
- October 20: Opening of the new post office in Kölnstr.
- 27.10 .: The Maria-Hilf-Hospital moves from the building next to the Marienkirche into the new hospital building in the Roonstr .; in the old building at Philippstrasse. the auxiliary school moves in
- November 9th: Three military airships representing the three systems Zeppelin, Parseval and Groß appear over Düren
- November 15: The airship " Zeppelin 2 " was the first Zeppelin to fly over Düren. On the same day the airships “M. II ”and“ Parseval I ”the city
- November 20: Airship Zeppelin 2 over Düren again
- There are 42 millionaires and 91 factories in Düren
- The Kolping family moves into the house at Josef-Schregel-Str. 26 a, today "Dürens Post Hotel"
- The Düren - Zülpich circular line is extended via Geich and Juntersdorf to Embken and opened for passenger traffic in 1911
- 1.12 .: The census determines 32,511 people in 3,038 houses, Rölsdorf has 1798 inhabitants
- The Düren fire brigade receives the second steam injection
- The "Rurtalsperren-Elektrizitätswerke" supply electricity to Düren by contract
- The Peill's mausoleum is built on the new cemetery in Düren-Ost
- 19.5. – 2.6 .: Strike of the brewery workers for wage increases and fixed working hours
- May 30th: Earthquake in Düren around 8:40 a.m.
- 1.7 .: Merger of gas, water and electricity companies
- September 6th: Another earthquake in Düren shortly before 3 p.m.
- Extension of the city theater
- The district office, now district administration, is moving from the Viehmarkt, now Kaiserplatz , to the new house on the corner of Bismarckstrasse. / Moltkestr.
- Establishment of the Franke & Co. boiler factory and Isolawerke
- Construction of the Tietz department store on the corner of Wirtelstrasse. / Schützenstrasse / Wirteltorplatz, today Kaufhof
- 7.5. and 10.5 .: The airship Zeppelin 2 flies over Düren
- 5.30 .: Mayor Klotz concludes with the War Department a garrison contract from
- November 5: At the corner of Wirtelstrasse and Bismarckstrasse. The Leonhard Tietz department store is inaugurated (destroyed in 1944, today Kaufhof)
- November 16: Opening of the teachers' seminar with gym and company apartments at Blücherplatz
- November 26th: First district council meeting at the Bismarckstr. newly built district house
- On the ice meadow on Tivolistr. The construction of an indoor swimming pool begins, which will never be completed (demolition of the ruins in the 1950s)
- Several flying machines fly over Düren
- Construction of the Riemann barracks on Königgrätzer Str. (Today Euskirchener Str. ) Between today's extended Wewordenstrasse. and Brussels Str.
- Main sewer from the Riemann barracks to the municipal sewage treatment plant in Birkesdorf completed (6.5 km long)
- Installation of the sewage fields on the sewage treatment plant of the city of Düren in Birkesdorf
- June 28th: Some departments of the city administration move into the former district building on Kaiserplatz
- 20.9 .: Inauguration of the station between Düren and Merzenich
- October 18: Inauguration of the gym at the north school
- 22 multi-millionaires (9 Schoeller, 6 Hoesch, 3 Bücklers, 2 Peill, 1 Hinsberg and Schüll each) and 30 “simple” millionaires (6 Schoeller, 5 Hoesch, 4 Krafft, 4 Hoffsümmer, 2 Schüll, 1 Banning each) live in the city , Courth, Emmel, Kirchner, Lefils, Michel, Palm, Renker and Seybold)
- November 20: The Düren - Pier steam railway is switched to electrical operation
- Düren has 33,000 inhabitants
- Düren mainly draws electricity from the "Zukunft" power station in Weisweiler
- The Krefeld Opera and the Düsseldorfer Schauspielhaus played in the Düren City Theater until 1918
- 1.1 .: Formation of the " Allgemeine Ortskrankenkasse " and the "Landkrankenkasse"
- 23.4 .: Inauguration of the new Catholic high school at the corner of Tivolistr./August-Klotz-Str. (later became the Wirteltorgymnasium )
- May 23: Several explosions in the gunwool factory built in 1881 - it belonged to Deutsche Sprengstoff AG, Hamburg - between Aachener Landstrasse (today Valencienner Strasse ) and Mariaweilerstrasse claim eight lives and numerous injuries
- July 28: Beginning of the First World War with the assassination of the Austrian heir to the throne Franz Ferdinand and his wife in Sarajevo
- July 29th: Inauguration of the Riemann barracks
- 4.8 .: The Ursulines come back to Düren (expelled in 1878) and move into a house in Zehnthofstrasse. on the site of the former Annuntiate monastery
- 11.8 .: The first 180 war wounded arrive in Düren
- 14.8 .: Beginning of the drafting of those who are obliged to take part in the Landsturm born between 1884 and 1896 (first mobilization )
- August 18: Preparation of the last part of the new cemetery and the cemetery of honor in Düren-Ost
- An airfield for an airship (zeppelin) is being built 3 km south of Distelrath . The circular path relocates a supply line there. The airfield was never completed.
- January 25: First edition of bread cards in Düren
- October 2: Königgrätzer Strasse is renamed Hindenburgstrasse (today Euskirchener Strasse)
- November 21: Inauguration of the enlarged Marienkirche
- March: Düren has a war commemorative coin produced
- March: The first emergency money in Düren is put into circulation by the food office and issued by the municipal savings bank from 1918 onwards
- 31.3 .: The Rurzeitung ceases its publication
- 16.9 .: The Städtische Sparkasse is in the house Wilhelmstr. 2 opened
- 28.9 .: The city of Düren buys the former Rittergut Burgau for 600,000 Reichsmarks from Rittmeister Nienhausen from Essen
- 2.10 .: Field Marshal Paul von Hindenburg is on his 70th birthday for the fourth Düren honorary citizen of the city appointed
- December 11th: Railway accident in Düren main station with 23 dead and 37 seriously injured
- In the Holzstr. an infant home is built, which the Elizabethan women take over
- January: The Ursulines buy the property in Bismarckstr. 24 and in March the property at Kölnstr. 81 and build a monastery and school there
- 5.4 .: In the former building of the Protestant elementary school in Schenkelstrasse. the city children's home is opened
- 1.7 .: The city of Düren buys the Kornhaus in Philippstrasse from the heirs Janenius . 14 for the price of 36,500 Reichsmarks
- July: Foundation of the bakers' guild
- 1.8 .: The first air raid on Düren by 10 English bombers at 9:30 am results in 16 dead and 16 injured; 28 bombs were dropped
- 28.8 .: Düren receives a new alarm system with sirens and signal bombs. So far, the alarm was given by fire and church bells
- November 8 – December 4: Revolutionary confusion in Düren. Demonstrations in front of the town hall. Prisoners are freed in the judicial prison in Jesuitengasse . In the barracks, the clothes closet and the provisions office are looted.
- November 9th: A workers 'and soldiers' council led by Josef Radermacher and Bertram Wieland , which was composed of members of the social democratic party of the constituency of Düren-Jülich, established itself in the town hall and dissolved the city council. Mayor Klotz continued to run the administration in consultation with the workers 'and soldiers' council
- November 10: The Workers 'and Soldiers' Council in Düren, in cooperation with the garrison command and the command of the 1st replacement battalion of Infantry Regiment 161, founded a security guard on November 10, 1918.
- December 4th: English troops occupy Düren and bring the English time with them, i.e. H. all clocks are put forward one hour.
- The supply line of the circular path to the airship airport , which was laid in 1915, is dismantled
- October 8th: Düren's city theater receives its first “Opera to Düren”. Beethoven's “Fidelio” will be performed at the opening of the winter season.
- October 27th: Opening of the first adult education center in Düren
- 5.11 .: The Frenchman solve the Englishman as an occupying power from
- Renovation and modernization of the synagogue by 1921
- Founding of the Commer private dairy
- Two bulkheads destroyed the war memorial. You had to pay for the reconstruction yourself
- 1.4 .: Conversion of the commercial advanced training school into a commercial and domestic vocational school
- May: The French confiscate 450 acres (112.5 hectares) of farmland
- July 22nd: The Fathers of the Eucharist are expelled from Baelen , Belgium , and come to Düren. They move into the former Ursuline School in the upper Kölnstrasse. a.
- 23.10 .: Düren-East is separated from the parish of St. Anna. From now on independent rectorate Düren-Ost. The service room was the hospital chapel
- December 31: The Kreisbahn is converted into a GmbH (City DN, District DN, various municipalities and siding owners)
- Construction of the green belt settlement
- The circular path provides freight services on the route Zülpich - Embken a
- Journey of the last horse mail
- 7.7 .: Former Mayor Christian August Klotz becomes 5th honorary citizen
- The first “Apostolic Congregation” in Düren with 26 members is established
- 1.2 .: The Städtische Sparkasse moves from Wilhelmstr. 2 in the converted Hotel Schiller in Zehnthofstr. 7 um
- 2.5 .: Opening of the forest school in Burgau
- June 28th: Groundbreaking ceremony for the Bonifatiuskirche
- August 14th: Opening of the “youth stadium” on Lendersdorfer Weg in Rölsdorf with a 400 m cycling track
- 37,626 residents in Düren
- There are the following banks and savings banks in Düren:
- Reichsbank branch
- Düren Bank
- Municipal savings bank
- Branch of the Aachen Association
- Deutsche Bank
- G. Schaafhausen'scher Bankverein
- Bankhaus Stahlschmidt & Co.
- After the first cinema, Germania (today Drogerie-Markt, Wirtelstr.), The Union-Theater (UT) in the Kaisersaal in Wirtelstr. opened
- 8.1 .: Admission of the commercial school to the commercial vocational school
- 7.2 .: A railway accident in the Düren station kills 4 and injures 38
- May 21: Inauguration of the 1st Bonifatius Church
- 1.7 .: Construction of the first youth hostel in the south school
- December 31: Due to a lack of financial resources, the Kreisbahn stops all traffic
- First procession to the Mother of God House , (originally only for men)
- 3.1 .: Inauguration of St. Nikolauskirche in Rölsdorf (2nd church on Gürzenicher Str.)
- 11.1 .: The French and Belgian occupying forces confiscate the railway lines
- 12.2 .: The “Aachen Association for the Promotion of Labor” closes its branches in Düren, Kreuzau and Vettweiß
- 1.4 .: Kreissparkasse Düren takes over the Zehnthofstrasse building from the Aachen association. 16
- 6.5. and 7.5 .: Acts of sabotage on the Düren - Langerwehe , Düren - Buir and Düren - Euskirchen railway lines ; The period of lockdown is from 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- May 23: The French occupy the gas and electricity works
- 8.7 .: Opening of the cycling track in the youth stadium on Lendersdorfer Weg
- July 12th: The Düren – Heimbach railway line is confiscated by the occupation authorities. In addition, the inventory of the city's main treasury of around 90 million marks is confiscated and the officials arrested
- July 13: The city council decides to build a bathing beach
- August 31: Rapidly increasing currency depreciation. At the beginning of September the “Dürener Zeitung” and the “Dürener Volkszeitung” cost 2,800,000 marks, a 1,800 g brown bread costs 440,000 marks from September 3, 3,500,000 marks from September 17, and 8,600 from September 24. 000 marks, from October 8th 24,000,000 marks, from October 15th 135,000,000 marks, on November 17th 400,000,000,000 marks and from November 1st 1,000,000,000,000 marks.
- October 7: The Rectorate St. Bonifatius becomes an independent parish
- October 15: Opening of the two-year commercial school in Düren
- October 22nd: Proclamation of the " Rhenish Republic " in Düren by the separatists ; the public buildings are occupied; the mayor is arrested and the district administrator is declared deposed
- 16.1 .: The circular path is the first line to resume operation on the Distelrath - Nörvenich - Zülpich route
- January 17: Dissolution of the "Rhenish Republic" proclaimed on October 22, 1923
- 8.2 .: Publication of the "Heimatblätter" of the Dürener Zeitung (until autumn 1939)
- 1.4 .: The Düren emergency money is withdrawn from circulation
- 9.4 .: Inauguration of the tax office on Goethestr.
- May 28th: Foundation of the male choir Düren-Ost
- 7.7 .: New construction of the Kreissparkasse in Zehnthofstr.
- November 10th: Opening of the agricultural school in Düren
- The Düren fire brigade receives its first motor vehicle (tricycle) as a gift from the Krupp company
- The city is making the former smallpox barracks on Barackenweg, now Nörvenicher Str. , Available to the “Apostolic Community”
- Closure of the teachers' seminar
- Start of construction on the Ursuline school building on Bismarckstrasse, completion in 1927
- 10.1 .: Planning of a shipping canal from Cologne to Aachen
- June 16: The census found 37,286 people
- 1.7 .: Start of the dispute between town and district about the incorporation of Merzenich
- July 5th - 12th: Millennium celebration of the city (1000 years of membership in the German Empire)
- December 20: Rur flood disaster
- Yearbook of the Düren district
- Düren history sheets, published by the Düren history association
- Documents from the Düren City and District Archives (PDF; 191 kB)
- Rölsdorfer history (s), published by the Schützenbruderschaft Constantia 1877 e. V., 2002, ISBN 3927312509
- Peter Staatz: The Reich and Landtag elections in the Düren district during the Weimar Republic, Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität zu Bonn 1994, p. 44
- Peter Leßmann: The Prussian Police in the Weimar Republic: Streifendienst and Strassenkampf, Droste Verlag 1989, ISBN 3-770007-94-8 , p. 19